Rumor: Benning has green light to make a trade and is working the phones. Trying to fix "chemistry"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
I’m assuming it’s Horvat or Demko both seem high on them selves and charismatic
I imagine your joking? Those would be my last two guesses. Horvat has valiantly pranced out for 8 years of losing and faced the media…. Demko barely talks so not sure where you’re getting that.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I imagine your joking? Those would be my last two guesses. Horvat has valiantly pranced out for 8 years of losing and faced the media…. Demko barely talks so not sure where you’re getting that.
Yes but it’s as good of a guess as any we have no idea what’s going on in that locker room.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

Let's buy into that narrative and hope the 'Nucks deal both Horvat and Demko.. to Edmonton. We'll take those problem players off your hands. No need to thank us.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Could Pettersson be the cancer. I can't imagine his teammates are impressed with his play. JT Miller on the other hand has been our best forward.
If you were to just watch the games it sure looks like it? Guy has done nothing but mope and get smacked around like a 12yr old kid while showing no emotion even after some good moments. As far as leadership on ice he's been a giant failure for a 2nd season. Might be the worst 1C in the league right now eating PP minutes and soft zone starts, no PK......just fuxxing try will ya nobody is expecting him to be physical beast but he doesn't even skate like a possessed demon anymore.

Could be Hamonic as well that anti vaxxer and his family were a big reason why the team punted Gaudette and they invested in him instead of a guy like Edler and now he's been a ghost for this team. Can't imagine another guy not pulling on the rope for his own stupid selfish reasons is helping his relationship with the group especially when it costs a couple teammates.

Basically the biggest cancer has been Benning and Green and their ineptitude of preparation and roster decisions. Have they got the best of anybody? Sure as hell know they have made a bunch of the players worse and cast away others without anything in return. They are an attack to the immune system of the Canucks health.............they are cancer

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Miller is a lazy offensive player only.
This is completely false. Guy leads the team in almost every category.

Lazy players don't score in the NHL for long and he's not cheating. Since he's been in Van amongst forwards

1st=Goals Assists Points Takeaways Hits
2nd=SHPct IHDCF
3rd=Shots, Penalties Drawn, Blocks

Guy is a top end #1 LW that can play C. He's a bit yappy and yes at the beginning of last year he was out of line with his on ice demonstrations of frustration. By the time they had Covid he was being a leader and played with terrible players for much of the remainder of the year and didn't complain and worked hard. This year he's been the Canucks best player by a wide margin

Reactions: Grantham

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
Horvat because he sets the tone when he has the C on his jersey. Young players gets rocked and he can just stand there and do nothing . This isn’t the first time we’ve questioned about his leadership .

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Boeser and Rathbone to the Isles for Bailey, Wilde, Aho and Bellows?

Pretty much salary neutral.

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
I’m assuming it’s Horvat or Demko both seem high on them selves and charismatic

Can’t be Demko. From all accounts , the goalies are usually on their own. I don’t see how he could say anything about positional players.

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
I like how management can direct them blame to someone else in the Locker room instead of themselves And how we are all falling for it.

Great decision . Tell the world there’s a cancer on the team and start proposing him to other teams . I’m sure that gets all the teams exciting to acquire this cancer

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
Why does everyone think it’s Miller? He seems the most passionate of the bunch .

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
I like how management can direct them blame to someone else in the Locker room instead of themselves And how we are all falling for it.

Great decision . Tell the world there’s a cancer on the team and start proposing him to other teams . I’m sure that gets all the teams exciting to acquire this cancer

We aren't. It's just more gaslighting from Aquillini and Benning.

Sell the team.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
If I was a Nucks fan I would be concerned... Very concerned.

Luckly I am not so I have fun... Lots of fun :D

Here is the big question though: over the next few days can Benning surpass Chiarelli? Common sense says that that's not possible, but on another hand never underestimate a GM in desperation mode.

Just IMO - no way in hell Dim Jim surpasses Chia. You can at least point to some draft successes (Hughes, Boeser, EP, etc.), and the toxic contracts on the Canucks aren't as bad as what Chia left for on the Oilers.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
If you were to just watch the games it sure looks like it? Guy has done nothing but mope and get smacked around like a 12yr old kid while showing no emotion even after some good moments. As far as leadership on ice he's been a giant failure for a 2nd season. Might be the worst 1C in the league right now eating PP minutes and soft zone starts, no PK......just fuxxing try will ya nobody is expecting him to be physical beast but he doesn't even skate like a possessed demon anymore.

Could be Hamonic as well that anti vaxxer and his family were a big reason why the team punted Gaudette and they invested in him instead of a guy like Edler and now he's been a ghost for this team. Can't imagine another guy not pulling on the rope for his own stupid selfish reasons is helping his relationship with the group especially when it costs a couple teammates.

Basically the biggest cancer has been Benning and Green and their ineptitude of preparation and roster decisions. Have they got the best of anybody? Sure as hell know they have made a bunch of the players worse and cast away others without anything in return. They are an attack to the immune system of the Canucks health.............they are cancer

No doubt there is pouting going on with Pettersson and likely Boeser.

That said I have a hard time putting blame on players who aren't being provided guidance over the last 18 months. I think I agree with Drance where the Tanev loss is looming large right now. He was Dad. He was showing them the ropes and the organization just pulls out the rug from them. Essentially I don't believe this team has provided the atmosphere for young players to learn how to lead and where to turn to when things suck. I know they are paid millions but it's like any job where performance and effort are going to suffer if there is no trust in the upper management. So a portion of it is look in the mirror and be responsible but to me some proper leadership and direction shown by ownership and a new Front Office could do wonders.

That's where I start. As usual, though, this group starts in the exact opposite spot.

Reactions: sting101

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Benning is about the last person I would want playing with a chemistry set. This is how horror movies start.

Go get some nitrogen triiodide and carefully leave it out to dry. Then tell Jimbo to put his Johnson on it.

#chemmajor

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
There’s basically no way you can get fair value for a guy like JT Miller.
Rumours that he’s Bad in the room, but nobody actually knows shit.
Guy is a PPG Forward, Looks like one of the only players on the ice that actually cares, even when he has bad games.

Not to mention he’s big, strong, versatile centre and wing, and makes $5 million on a ridiculous contract.

I can’t even imagine how stupid it would be to trade him, especially before guys like Boeser, Pearson, and more.

Because the writing is on the wall. The Canucks are not a competitive team. They will not be a competitive team during the remainder of Miller's contract. So they're at a crossroads: 1) Re-sign Miller (at a significant raise) when there is no guarantee the team will actually be any good, 2) let him walk as a UFA, or 3) trade him and try to recoup max value for the incoming and inevitable retool/rebuild.

Miller at 50% retention would have enormous value to a contender. That's why option 3 is clearly the best option.

As I've been saying basically since Benning started, Benning has wiped a decade off this franchise and wasted the entire prime of Bo Horvat. Now they're staring at a significant roster restructuring, as their "older core" players all need to be re-signed soon (Miller, Horvat, Boeser). Unless the club thinks they're gonna turn around and be a contender soon (they're not), the only option is to trade them and start over.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017

Bingo! Was going to post the exact same thing.

There is NO cancer in the locker room. Its in the positions above. This is a way for a weasel to buy himself more time. Something is rotten though and relief is nowhere in sight.

Has there been a more toxic management/ownership combo in recent times as this? I can't think of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad