Value of: Ben Chiarot can bring a 1st pick?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chiarot can bring a 1st pick?

• Total voters

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
So what's his issue now? People keep blaming the team like you've never seen good players do just fine on bad teams.
And we never saw good player doing bad on bad teams?! Absolutly no structure for the Habs right now, foward don't help D, etc. He is no Hedman, can't do it all. Watch him being trade for a 1st, he is build for the playoff and GMs knows that.

Last edited:

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
And we never saw good player doing bad on bad teams?! Watch him being trade for a 1st, he is build for the playoff and GMs knows that.

It's not that we haven't seen that. It's that if you're claiming that, it helps to have some level of examination instead of just pointing to the playoffs.

I've watched many Canadiens games this season and Chiarot has looked unengaged from early on. What do you see? Do you see him coasting a lot and drifting out of position like I do? Or do you see a player whose effort and reads are there, but there are discernible, specific impacts on his effectiveness due to the team's system and/or quality?

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
I see a guy making mistake, like the rest of the team. Does the value of Mathews, Marner, etc goes down because they suck in the playoffs? It's a small sample size to claim Chiarot is a bad D, and thats why I think he's still going to return a first, like many insiders claim. We will see pretty soon.

Reactions: Maitz

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It's not that we haven't seen that. It's that if you're claiming that, it helps to have some level of examination instead of just pointing to the playoffs.

I've watched many Canadiens games this season and Chiarot has looked unengaged from early on. What do you see? Do you see him coasting a lot and drifting out of position like I do? Or do you see a player whose effort and reads are there, but there are discernible, specific impacts on his effectiveness due to the team's system and/or quality?
Habs may get a 2nd for sure along with a throw in. From Blues I predict. Flames don't really need Chiarot. Leafs and Habs rarely trade. Oilers usually to cheap to trade anything. I see more chance deal with St.Louis than Florida. Scandella type trade. Throw in being a decent prospect if Habs retain.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Guess you wouldn’t get him then…

I am pretty sure that doesn't break his heart.

Blues don't have a 2nd this year so I am not sure they are even it on it. They typically don't bring in UFAs at the deadline, unless they are planning to extend him. With our lack of cap space, I am not sure that is possible so I don't buy into the fact the Blues are in on him.

Gaud

May 11, 2017

My take on Chiarot is that he is in the wrong chair but that he is making a valiant effort to make it work anyways. I see him more as a 2nd pairing guy who tries to take on a 1st pairing role on a defensive that is big but that looks even slower without Price's puckhandling in launching the offense.

Specifically, i find that his penalties are usually results of having been beaten by the person he is trying to cover. The media in mtl seems to be saying that he is a leader in the lockerroom. His play isnt #1 D, but i think he does an honest job.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Habs may get a 2nd for sure along with a throw in. From Blues I predict. Flames don't really need Chiarot. Leafs and Habs rarely trade. Oilers usually to cheap to trade anything. I see more chance deal with St.Louis than Florida. Scandella type trade. Throw in being a decent prospect if Habs retain.

I dont know what the guy is worth, but french TSN (rds) is reporting that there seems to be a consensus that Chiarot will get a 1st plus a throw-in (i think they had said a prospect). Granted, a 32nd 1st round isnt much different than an early 2nd

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I dont know what the guy is worth, but french TSN (rds) is reporting that there seems to be a consensus that Chiarot will get a 1st plus a throw-in (i think they had said a prospect). Granted, a 32nd 1st round isnt much different than an early 2nd
Eveybody says Chiarot worth a first. But every team I talked won't go for it

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Every year we see players get traded for more of what fans think at the deadline, it's nothing new bud!

Not always. And you have to also think about basic laws of economics. If it's a buyers market and there are only 6 buyers, guess who's getting 1sts? You can't squeeze 30 UFAs into 6 firsts.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Not always. And you have to also think about basic laws of economics. If it's a buyers market and there are only 6 buyers, guess who's getting 1sts? You can't squeeze 30 UFAs into 6 firsts.
A lot of the top buyers/contenders also already don't have firsts this year;
Colorado, Carolina, Florida, and Vegas.

Other than Florida, none of the others really would be interested in Chiarot though.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal

Other than Florida, none of the others really would be interested in Chiarot though.
We can always get a 2023 first pick, and there's others teams like Pitts, Calgary (Suter kind of player),, Minnesota, Nashville who could use a upgrade on their D. We can't retain money too. Carolina, Vegas and Colorado don't make sense and that's why we don't see them in the rumors. We will see pretty soon who's right on this one.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
If Gorton and Hughes play their card right they should at the bare minimum get a 1st from Chiarot without a doubt.
Big, Heavy, good skating, can help offensively from time to time. Good contract, loved by teammates, will never complain.
He is a good 2nd pair Dman, very underrated by way too many people because he's playing with the worst team this season.

MTL isn't bad because of Chiarot, they are bad because they missed half their roster by game 3 including 5 of their top 6 fowards and 3 of their top4 dman and never had more than 12 or so regular since then. Oh, and Carey freaking Price.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

We keep hearing St Louis and Toronto and Calgary. Even if they dont have a 1st this year 2023 will do or maybe a 1st rounder lvl prospect.

always options if they really want him.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
at this rate, im thinking MTL should trade him before he too gets injured. Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad