Value of: Ben Chiarot can bring a 1st pick?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chiarot can bring a 1st pick?

• Total voters

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'll say this much: his numbers haven't been enticing the past 25 games. I'd be surprised if teams ponied up a 1st, but you never know. You're not trading for regular season performance and goal scoring, you're trading for playoff grit.

I think he goes for a 2nd and a prospect, which people will argue is 'technically' the same as a 1st.

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
Lol I would say you are in the delusional group.

Suzuki is well worth it.

Chariot will get a 1st

Where is Suzuki worth almost 8 mil. You guys would be screaming with laughter if the another NHL team made that sign.. He has 9 goals and 18 assists ,, 27 points in 44 games. I know its an antiquated stat but he has a +/- of - 19 WTF , come on. Maybe he has a lot of potential but you dont sign an unproven player long term to that kind of money. Maybe a bridge contract?

I remember when the Rangers signed Kreider to the 6.5 mil, these boards were alive with people questioning the signing. I guess it dont look so bad now, huh?

NHl players with similar or slightly better stats,, Strome 4.5 mil, Trocheck 4.7 mil, Arvidsson 4.25 mil, etc.

Not to single out you guys but there are some really questionable contracts around the league. Some are based on past production so now they look bad, some based on projections that now look bad but may work out over time, and some that make you go WTF.

Chariot a second and B prospect. take and run to the bank.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Carolina
Vegas
Florida
Colorado

all can’t trade this years first

a second they should be happy

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
He'll bring a 1st in. A GM will be desperate enough and value what he brings.

If the question was is he worth it no, he's a 2nd+3rd/4th. You don't move 1sts for depth.

Reactions: HabsQC

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Not sure he'll fetch a 1st at this point but it was never a doubt he isn't worth one. He was amazing in the playoffs last year with Weber though. It must have sucked to play against that pairing

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I say “Chiarot isn’t worth a 1st round pick”

And you respond with “Matthews was only worth a 2nd round pick”

What?!?
No you went on with the -5 last game meaning his value hugely dropped because of one game.
I basically asked did Matthews value hugely drop because he only scored 1 goal in his last playoff run?

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Where is Suzuki worth almost 8 mil. You guys would be screaming with laughter if the another NHL team made that sign.. He has 9 goals and 18 assists ,, 27 points in 44 games. I know its an antiquated stat but he has a +/- of - 19 WTF , come on. Maybe he has a lot of potential but you dont sign an unproven player long term to that kind of money. Maybe a bridge contract?

I remember when the Rangers signed Kreider to the 6.5 mil, these boards were alive with people questioning the signing. I guess it dont look so bad now, huh?

NHl players with similar or slightly better stats,, Strome 4.5 mil, Trocheck 4.7 mil, Arvidsson 4.25 mil, etc.

Not to single out you guys but there are some really questionable contracts around the league. Some are based on past production so now they look bad, some based on projections that now look bad but may work out over time, and some that make you go WTF.

Chariot should get what Brendan Smith return but the only problem is the idiot who would pay that price is trying to sell Chariot

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Actually he went -5

But yeah he’s totally worth a 1st round pick
no one on the team is playing well; the 3rd string goalie is playing despite needing wrist surgery and the 4th string goalie has like 15 games of NHL experience. both are rocking like a 775 sv % lately.
last week against minny, the AHL backup got lit up in the 3rd and was subsequently injured.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
no one on the team is playing well; the 3rd string goalie is playing despite needing wrist surgery and the 4th string goalie has like 15 games of NHL experience. both are rocking like a 775 sv % lately.
last week against minny, the AHL backup got lit up in the 3rd and was subsequently injured.
Facts are getting in the way of their feelings

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I actually agree. When a team is dysfunctional the player who gets caved in for plus minus is the one that the coach goes to the most. Chiarot gets the most minutes and the toughest competition. Of course he'll get a big minus. Of course on a good team that trend would dramatically reverse

But at the same time it is what it is. It reduces his trade value a little

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I actually agree. When a team is dysfunctional the player who gets caved in for plus minus is the one that the coach goes to the most. Chiarot gets the most minutes and the toughest competition. Of course he'll get a big minus. Of course on a good team that trend would dramatically reverse

But at the same time it is what it is. It reduces his trade value a little
thought you were mr positive?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
thought you were mr positive?
Well I am an Oiler fan who wants the Oilers to trade for him

So I like the idea that he is actually very good despite some bad stats (and I do believe it and have seen it in other players btw)

But... I also like the idea that his value is reduced. I'd like to keep our 1st to trade for a goalie

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018

Time will tell with Chariot. Hard to look at only 1 season when he is a vet. They won't move him if they don't get a first.

Suzuki is more comparable to Petterson and Nylander

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Does he worth a 1st? No.
Have we see weirder things at the deadline? Sure.
Will he land a 1st? Maybe. It is possible. We'll see.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Absolutely. Is he worth it no. But someone will throw a first rounder like Nick Foligno last year

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
He'll bring a 1st in. A GM will be desperate enough and value what he brings.

If the question was is he worth it no, he's a 2nd+3rd/4th. You don't move 1sts for depth.
Tampa just traded 1sts for depth and it gave them 2 cups in a row...

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Tampa just traded 1sts for depth and it gave them 2 cups in a row...
And Toronto traded a 1st for depth (Foligno) and lost in the 1st round again. Dropping 1st's looks good when you win, but it fails more often than not.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I'll say this much: his numbers haven't been enticing the past 25 games. I'd be surprised if teams ponied up a 1st, but you never know. You're not trading for regular season performance and goal scoring, you're trading for playoff grit.

I think he goes for a 2nd and a prospect, which people will argue is 'technically' the same as a 1st.
Packaging Chiarot with Lehkonen might get them a 1st+, but on their own they probably don't warrant a 1st given that it'll be a buyers market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad