Value of: Ben Chiarot can bring a 1st pick?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chiarot can bring a 1st pick?

• Total voters

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
holy shit i just double checked the above to confirm I remembered that correctly….and discovered that first round pick from Detroit in the three way trade with Colorado was Andrei Vasilevsky

we could have had a third red wing renaissance the last decade

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Coming from a Habs fan here, don't understand the hype about this pylon. He is horrible at both end of the ice. Can't see why GM would overpay a 1st for a glorified #4-5 defenseman.

He played more minutes than any other Habs player through every series on the way to the finals last year. Played more minutes than Petry or Weber.

Calling him a glorified 4/5 dman isn't fair imo. High end top4 guy or fill-in top pair guy that will drag your team into battles.

I think his value to a team increases sharply in the playoffs.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
He is not a pending UFA so that would be why I wouldn't know that.

Ben Chiarot's contract ends at the end of this season. At which point he will be a UFA... So not sure who you're going to trade your 2nd plus Dermott to next year...

Edit: Here's an article confirming for you that he is in fact a pending UFA, and explaining what that means if you're still confused.

LeBrun: Could any of these pending UFA defencemen fetch a first-round pick at the deadline?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Ben Chiarot's contract ends at the end of this season. At which point he will be a UFA... So not sure who you're going to trade your 2nd plus Dermott to next year...

Edit: Here's an article confirming for you that he is in fact a pending UFA, and explaining what that means if you're still confused.

LeBrun: Could any of these pending UFA defencemen fetch a first-round pick at the deadline?
I mean...he is signed through next year at 1.5 million and is still an RFA at the end of the contract?

Maple Leafs sign Travis Dermott to two-year, $3M contract extension (sportsnet.ca)
Travis Dermott Contract, Cap Hit, Salary and Stats - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
This was in July. I will accept a simple apology. Just take a quick look at his expiry status. Like I said if Dermott and a 2nd doesn't get it done go find something better. Not bothered by it.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I mean...he is signed through next year at 1.5 million and is still an RFA at the end of the contract?

Maple Leafs sign Travis Dermott to two-year, $3M contract extension (sportsnet.ca)
Travis Dermott Contract, Cap Hit, Salary and Stats - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
This was in July. I will accept a simple apology. Just take a quick look at his expiry status. Like I said if Dermott and a 2nd doesn't get it done go find something better. Not bothered by it.

Ben Chiarot's contract is up at the end of this year...

So why in the world would you say you'd trade Dermott and a 2nd for him next year??

Lol, trying to pretend you thought I was talking about Dermott and not Chiarot when clearly you thought Chiarot was under contract next year is pretty sad.

Proof:
I might do Dermott and a 2nd next year.

No apology from me, I was right. And I doubt you will ever admit you made a mistake. So let's just leave it there. Now you know Chiarot's contract is up at the end of this year.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Another factor for Montreal to consider if injury risk to Chiarot. Considering how the playoff run banged up their key guys on the back end, they might want to make that trade sooner than later. I remember the Leafs were all set to get rid of PA Parenteau in their tank season but a neck injury at the deadline basically forced them to hold.

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

So why in the world would you say you'd trade Dermott and a 2nd for him next year??

Lol, trying to pretend you thought I was talking about Dermott and not Chiarot when clearly you thought Chiarot was under contract next year is pretty sad.

Proof:

No apology from me, I was right. And I doubt you will ever admit you made a mistake. So let's just leave it there. Now you know Chiarot's contract is up at the end of this year.

You might confusing a few things.

Dermott is an RFA. The poster was offering a 2023 second round pick. Not to make the trade next year. We all know Chiarot is a UFA.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

I was talking about trading our 2nd from next year. At no point did I not know that Chiarot was a UFA after this season. Thought my post was pretty clear. I will spell it out clearer for you though Travis Dermott and a 2023 2nd for Chiarot this season! Or we don't.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I was talking about trading our 2nd from next year. At no point did I not know that Chiarot was a UFA after this season. Thought my post was pretty clear. I will spell it out clearer for you though Travis Dermott and a 2023 2nd for Chiarot this season! Or we don't.

I understand you now. It's unclear if you don't write it like you have in this post if you plan on making the trade next year or using the pick from next year.

Either way, not an offer I'd be happy with the Habs accepting.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Habs want a 1st pick in return for Chiarot, do you think that he can bring that with his recent play? (He don't play really good).
Giordano will get traded for that package before this guy does.

Also… Habs will need to retain 50% to get that 1st.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
holy shit i just double checked the above to confirm I remembered that correctly….and discovered that first round pick from Detroit in the three way trade with Colorado was Andrei Vasilevsky

we could have had a third red wing renaissance the last decade
Avs could have had him instead of Steve Downie :/

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Looks reasonable to me, as a third party fan. Give Dermott legit minutes on a bad team and he may be able to build value for a future trade.

Yes, I really like the deal as well. Dermott could been a big piece in this Habs retool/reset/rebuild, they need puck moving D ASAP.

I like this suggestion.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
certainly can get a late 1st from a team who already has their PP Dmen. There may be higher scoring Dmen out there in the market with Chiarot, but he'll have value for teams looking for toughness and defense without losing a ton of mobility (Chiarot isn't Hall Gill)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Kris Russell got a conditional first+

That being said Chiarot is terrible, can’t see a team looking back on acquiring him and thinking they made the right choice

Brad Treliving's ears are ringing.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Analysts and insiders: Chiarot will be dealt and easily bring back a 1st round pick

HF: Habs would be lucky to get a mini stick signed by Kyle Chipchura for Chiarot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad