Post-Game Talk: Bearly Lost - Jets Lose 2-1(SO)

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I already know someone will reply with a good rebuttal..

Congratulations before hand...

We are who we actually think we are...

Funny...

We are all Winnipeg Jets fans but still we cant get all along?

Not funny but sad on my part!

and all of yours who don't get along....

Go :jetsGo

That's all that really matters when being just a prairie hockey fan..,

too bad real life gets in the way of our escape...

Cest la vie....

; )

well I still can't decipher this but you seem earnest so, as long as you actually express positive appreciation for the Winnipeg Jets hockey team now and then, you will always be welcome; more so than certain troglodytes (that I refuse to feed!) I could name.

bit I may well ape on your wall-of-poetry style down the road :P

TheRocketFlash

Feb 17, 2010
Below the Border
Very strong games from Ehlers, JMo, Laine, Kulikov and Helly tonight. Favorite however was #17. Lowry makes so many solid defensive plays and has strong hockey IQ, but is completely under appreciated because his offensive upside is limited due in part to his defensive responsibility. Brings the physical game every night, and even as "boring" as his game is, I for one am a big fan.

As always GJG

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Point on the road and lost in a stupid skills competition. This was one of the most blatantly biased reffed games of the year. Not worried about this game. Onto the next one boys.

Reactions: Shaibu

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
well I still can't decipher this but you seem earnest so, as long as you actually express positive appreciation for the Winnipeg Jets hockey team now and then, you will always be welcome; more so than certain troglodytes (that I refuse to feed!) I could name.

bit I may well ape on your wall-of-poetry style down the road :P

Believe it or not

but nobody important is the smartest and biggest smart ass here period....

And how are things in Georgetown, Al? ;)[/QUOTE

Busted....

eh YWG?

or any other Mod that wants to chime in...

len-kropioski.png

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
People in the Toronto media were discussing it on TV yesterday. I don't expect him to win the award. But there is a large disconnect between that and what some people are saying here no.

In other words he's a lot better player than many people here are claiming in this thread. He's being considered by some people in the hockey world as playing well enough to be considered MVP of the whole league. Reading some posts here you'd think he's about to go on waivers.

BTW those who are discussing it are the ones who actually vote on the award.
wheeler is one of our top 3 players its very true. but the fact he sucks on the half wall and makes some huge bone headed plays are definetly not wrong. hes not a perfect player. but hes still a hell of a player and im glad we have him.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

suihkukone

Mar 12, 2017
Denmark
Teams don't really practice three on three.

Why would they. I would like to see Maurice be a bit more creative and try something different at times in OT tho cuz what he tries dont work.

This surprises me a lot. I'd think games will be tighter towards end of the season and we should start winning some of these.
Maurice just seems to go eenie meanie once on forwards and twice on defence and that's his plan, and start's from the same guys. As said before, he should play his rested players (Perrault) more.

edit: I should practise calculus. Turns out 2-2=0.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
This surprises me a lot. I'd think games will be tighter towards end of the season and we should start winning some of these.
Maurice just seems to go eenie meanie once on forwards and twice on defence and that's his plan, and start's from the same guys. As said before, he should play his rested players (Perrault) more.

edit: I should practise calculus. Turns out 2-2=0.

Perreault and Armia could take a shift when we get that deep into the OT. They would be impossible to get the puck from.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Happy Holidays from Boston

Tonight during the game a Jets fan posted the following on the Bruins GDT

Hey guys

Jets fan coming in pease but with a little sadness

Today I buried the guy who introduced me to the Nhl by attending Jets games at the Winnipeg Arena. He was one of the biggest Bruin fans you will ever meet. My first nhl game was with him at a Bruin game. His passing is sad but he would of loved to know fellow Bruin fans tipped their glass for him tonight.

So if you are so inclined please tip your glass for Randy from Winnipeg.

Thank you

GALANT RANDY - Winnipeg Free Press Passages

Our board responded as hockey family should and I was reminded why I do so much here at HF to keep these boards flowing. We are all part of a family called hockey. We dedicated our PGT to Randy from Winnipeg.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...rlie-mcavoy-bruins-2-winnipeg-1-f-so.2426121/

Because I work on Boston TV with the Bruins I have had the pleasure of visiting your city. I have survived this intersection

c3bac9390f54ba19839f02fae62e00a1--licence-plates-canada-trip.jpg

and I know the Queen is a closet Jets fan

upload_2017-12-22_2-54-55.png

I was thrilled when you got your team back in 2011 and I hope the same happens in Quebec City someday.

Tonight was a good game and I wish your team well in that Central Division dogfight.

Here is how Boston TV called the game

Happy Holidays

:xtree::xsign::santa::xtree:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Chia-pet earned my wrath on that fan of the puck in the neutral zone that led to the B's goal. At that point it seemed impossible that another goal would be scored this game. Pretty great effort all around.
Ehlers seems snake bitten on break away opportunities the last couple of years.
I would have thought that Perreault, Connor and maybe even Armia would draw in before him

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
So very gracious of you to come visit. As it turns out, I have one shot left in my sake bottle so this will go out to Randy from Winnipeg.

I'm glad you survived Confusion Corner. Not many roads I can think of where the "North / South" routes point East / West.

Selkirk is a great suburb, about 5-10k people. I don't know what small New England town would be comparable, but I'm sure they have great down-home-to-earth people who, as we all do, love hockey.

We had a great game; I know I kinda lost my religion in our GDT, but that's how good hockey should be, right? :) Like I said then, you have the best goalie left in the game given Price's complete implosion, and a good talent pool + best goalie in the game = an "Any Given Sunday" factor that no team can match. And if it came down to a sudden-sudden-sudden-death, best-of-1 overtime shootout, I can't be salty at the result given we were the road dogs.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
So very gracious of you to come visit. As it turns out, I have one shot left in my sake bottle so this will go out to Randy from Winnipeg.

I'm glad you survived Confusion Corner. Not many roads I can think of where the "North / South" routes point East / West.

Selkirk is a great suburb, about 5-10k people. I don't know what small New England town would be comparable, but I'm sure they have great down-home-to-earth people who, as we all do, love hockey.

We had a great game; I know I kinda lost my religion in our GDT, but that's how good hockey should be, right? :) Like I said then, you have the best goalie left in the game given Price's complete implosion, and a good talent pool + best goalie in the game = an "Any Given Sunday" factor that no team can match. And if it came down to a sudden-sudden-sudden-death, best-of-1 overtime shootout, I can't be salty at the result given we were the road dogs.

We have similar signs :huh:

20729255_10212881198437449_1565096541745249334_n.jpg

Paul Maurice is a good coach and is remembered here for being the last coach of the Whalers when he was 29 years old????

Bruins and Jets will never be rivals ............... unless they some year meet in June and that would be wonderful.

Reactions: Kgame

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
One thing that should be obvious from tonight's game.
Laine should be playing LW. The position he has played every year until he joined the Jets.
Yes, that does leave us short a right handed shooter. Perhaps we have him on the Moose.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
Bring Roslovic up. Play him at RW. Make up your lines. (but leave Copp Lowry Tanev) together. We would have three dominant lines plus a great checking line.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
We have similar signs :huh:

20729255_10212881198437449_1565096541745249334_n.jpg

Paul Maurice is a good coach and is remembered here for being the last coach of the Whalers when he was 29 years old????

Bruins and Jets will never be rivals ............... unless they some year meet in June and that would be wonderful.

so all I've figured out from these signs is that I can either go to Canada, Denver, Florida, or for 3 games of bowling ;)

FWIW, I'm a computer science nerd, and MIT is one of the holy grounds I've wanted to take a course at, just to say I did. Or at the very least, get drunk with some undergrads half my age during MIThenge.

If there's a Jets/Bruins Cup Finals game in there too, well, I won't say no ;)

Reactions: ImGoingNucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad