Post-Game Talk: Bearly Lost - Jets Lose 2-1(SO)

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
This is pretty much my favorite story on HFBoards ever and it never grows old. I have actually told it a few times to friends who process losing poorly and it always brings down the house.

Pardon my redundancy of course, but as you might imagine, it's a classic story among our family too. It's very close to my heart of course, because it reminds me how lucky one can be, given there was a 50/50 chance I wouldn't ever have been born :P

Reactions: ps241

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I haven't been bashing Wheeler here but you also need to be real.

Living in denial is a symptom of insanity. Wheeler aint hart candidate, not even close.

People in the Toronto media were discussing it on TV yesterday. I don't expect him to win the award. But there is a large disconnect between that and what some people are saying here no.

In other words he's a lot better player than many people here are claiming in this thread. He's being considered by some people in the hockey world as playing well enough to be considered MVP of the whole league. Reading some posts here you'd think he's about to go on waivers.

BTW those who are discussing it are the ones who actually vote on the award.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Somebody mentioned Perreault would have been a good choice for the 3 on 3 overtime. This is a good idea since he'd be fresh after not having that much ice time during the game.

Not a fan of Wheeler's game tonight.

So glad that Laine scored so that a point was earned and it didn't end 1-0. He's a beauty.

Now beat that Andrew Ladd bum and the Isles!

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
and before I leave you all for a good night's nap, I'll remind you that we are 20-10-6, that we got a point and neither the Blues nor the Preds got one in their last game, and we are now part of a 3-game, 46-point logjam atop the toughest division in hockey. We are five games from the half-pole mark and at a height we couldn't imagine. We're playing well, we're doing well, we're 2-2-2 on our "current nine game losing streak" (lol) and we're still a statistical favorite to make a top-3 Central spot and a BIG statistical favorite to make the playoffs.

Anyone who thinks otherwise can DM me terms for a (NON-MONEY, obviously mods :P) wager term. I like vig, I like edges, I'll take 'em all day and all night.

Love you all to pieces. Best group I could ever chill with p>

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
and before I leave you all for a good night's nap, I'll remind you that we are 20-10-6, that we got a point and neither the Blues nor the Preds got one in their last game, and we are now part of a 3-game, 46-point logjam atop the toughest division in hockey. We are five games from the half-pole mark and at a height we couldn't imagine. We're playing well, we're doing well, we're 2-2-2 on our "current nine game losing streak" (lol) and we're still a statistical favorite to make a top-3 Central spot and a BIG statistical favorite to make the playoffs.

Anyone who thinks otherwise can DM me terms for a (NON-MONEY, obviously mods :P) wager term. I like vig, I like edges, I'll take 'em all day and all night.

Love you all to pieces. Best group I could ever chill with p>

Blues look like they're going to win tonight

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
McJesus just tied it

Now 3-2 Oilers. Scored with 50 seconds left.

was1awc.png

"For the McJesus omnipotent reineth.."

Reactions: DRC and Festinator

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
We got a point, Dear Mo you cancel the next practise remember this....

we suck on shoot outs....

Come playoff time it will be too late and remember this Maurice your job including the other coaches are riding on this so if you like to be fired sooner than later well then carry on!

Sheif should score 99% of the time...

On a Shoot Out!...

Otherwise Playoffs will suck big time....

Wake Up Winnipeg Jets aka Chipman and company.....

paul-maurice-winnipeg-jets-coach.jpg

Go :jetsGo

Reactions: AlphaLackey

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Still looking hella good in the standings heading into the Xmas break so I'm a happy camper. On that note, after Saturday I'll be jonesen. I'll probably wear out that Jets v Nashville game during the break :D

Dude, it's a statistical logjam. All three spots on top of the toughest division in hockey, and the Jets are both throwing bombs and dodging return fire with the best of them. Why WOULDN'T we be wearing out that gear as the halfway mark approaches? Everyone around the league knows we are legit. There is not a single team in the league that thinks they can take us casually -- or as I like to say, if they DO think they have an edge on us, they know it ain't by much, so they better bring it.

Again, I don't think I'm allowed to talk about actual gambling enterprises, but statistically and non-money-wager-wise speaking, any non-money debenture on the Jets in the preseason has actualized enough equity to overcome the commission and manifold more.

Yes, I'm using college words to try and dodge the mods :P so sue me.

Reactions: Afterburner

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Yes. Check out b in vancouver's post above. MBP just may be the best line in the NHL. Bergeron is easily the best defensive center in the NHL. Going even in a hard matchup against them for 20 minutes is doing well. The Jets depth should have taken advantage of their easier matchups.

Scheif and Wheeler are two of my favourites. - and either one - preferably Scheifele - would be a proper Hart candidate.
I watched some of the game with my brother whom is a Jets fan - once again were from Winnipeg so I'm not trying to be a jerk.

Players generally play against the Bergeron line on their heels and I'm sure the coaches talk to them beforehand. Top lines don't do their normal passes because they have to be super careful, lose a lot of puck battles, and the Bergeron line is just ridiculous in closing lanes and creating turnovers. Honestly, you might look like crap, but if you're not a -2 against that line or been pinned in your end for extended shifts - you've probably had a good night. That line is scary good most nights.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Scheif and Wheeler are two of my favourites. - and either one - preferably Scheifele - would be a proper Hart candidate.
I watched some of the game with my brother whom is a Jets fan - once again were from Winnipeg so I'm not trying to be a jerk.

Players generally play against the Bergeron line on their heels and I'm sure the coaches talk to them beforehand. Top lines don't do their normal passes because they have to be super careful, lose a lot of puck battles, and the Bergeron line is just ridiculous in closing lanes and creating turnovers. Honestly, you might look like crap, but if you're not a -2 against that line or been pinned in your end for extended shifts - you've probably had a good night. That line is scary good most nights.

The player and coaches comments tonight about the quality of the ice also need to be taken into account. When the ice is that horrible it affects the skilled players more.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
If we don't clean up what we lost today there's a good chance playoffs will be in your alphalackey wet dreams....

btw

how do I block people I don't really like?

All I can tell you, Bradley, is that if you really and truly believe the words coming out of your mouth, then you shouldn't waste a second talking to me, and you should be booking the next flight to Vegas. A nobody like you could easily sneak in thousand dollar bets with the "hot inside tips" you have, that suggest a 90%+ team to make the playoffs is a "good chance to have wet dreams".

You could make more money than Jesus, just by putting it where your mouth is.

Start with the next game, where the Jets will be about 50-50 but "obviously" in your eyes will be a 3-1 dog or worse

so yeah don't waste my time, go make your bank p>

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
All I can tell you, Bradley, is that if you really and truly believe the words coming out of your mouth, then you shouldn't waste a second talking to me, and you should be booking the next flight to Vegas. A nobody like you could easily sneak in thousand dollar bets with the "hot inside tips" you have, that suggest a 90%+ team to make the playoffs is a "good chance to have wet dreams".

You could make more money than Jesus, just by putting it where your mouth is.

Start with the next game, where the Jets will be about 50-50 but "obviously" in your eyes will be a 3-1 dog or worse

so yeah don't waste my time, go make your bank p>

Dont feed the trolls bro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad