Post-Game Talk: Bearly Lost - Jets Lose 2-1(SO)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Some of you are a bit insane the way you speak about Wheeler. Some in the hockey world are talking about him as a Hart Trophy candidate.
It's because he's so important that poor games are notable. If he's bad, the Jets are at a bigger deficit because of his value and ice time.

How did you think he played tonight, compared to his usual play.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It's because he's so important that poor games are notable. If he's bad, the Jets are at a bigger deficit because of his value and ice time.

How did you think he played tonight, compared to his usual play.

It certainly wasn't the best game I've seen him play, but I've seen him play worse.

He played smart except for one play at the end of the second where I thought he forced things and resulted in a turnover. Scheifele did the same thing 20 seconds earlier.

Are you taking into consideration how horrible the ice was. In your assessment? How many plays did the Bruins actually complete? They were struggling with it also.

Reactions: JetBlue420

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
It certainly wasn't the best game I've seen him play, but I've seen him play worse.

He played smart except for one play at the end of the second where I thought he forced things and resulted in a turnover. Scheifele did the same thing 20 seconds earlier.

Are you taking into consideration how horrible the ice was. In your assessment? How many plays did the Bruins actually complete? They were struggling with it also.

Ice was bad but Wheeler looks like hes lost some speed the last several games. Hes gotta have a minor LBI.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
After undressing Price on a breakaway last year I am dying to see Armia in the shootout.
He'd be my 2nd player after Laine and before Ehlers.

How many shootouts will the team be in this year?
I am sure there are better things to spend practice time on than shootouts....PK for instance...

Reactions: 204hockey

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
After undressing Price on a breakaway last year I am dying to see Armia in the shootout.
He'd be my 2nd player after Laine and before Ehlers.

How many shootouts will the team be in this year?
I am sure there are better things to spend practice time on than shootouts....PK for instance...

Shootouts are easier to practice than three on three. I've seen them do it many times at the end of practice. 3 on 3 on the full sheet means 15 players or more standing around watching. The only time I ever saw them practice it was the TC when it was first changed from 4 on 4.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Shootouts all about luck... Ehlers beat rask but got bar... Pasta went bar down... Couple inches more... Ehlers scores.. Pasta does not. Its luck. Anyone who has played would probably say that... Probably 20 percent skill... 80 percent luck.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I can't stand the shootouts.:mad: If there is no winner after OT just call it a tie already. The shootout just takes away from how well the losing team played during the game. I was impressed with how good the Jets were tonight. They deserved the 2 points tonight instead of Boston.

:jets

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I thought ill advised plays by Wheeler killed the first two PPs when the Jets had a lot of control and pressure. Ice was bad, but I just didn't like his decision making or passing.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Je me souviens (French pronunciation: [ʒə mə suˈvjɛ̃]) is the official motto of Quebec, a province of Canada. The motto, translated literally into English, means "I remember." It may be paraphrased as conveying the meaning "We do not forget, and will never forget, our ancient lineage, traditions and memories of all the past".

Yeah this is just a Latin IV major trying to translate the noblest of Romance languages into Gutter Slang Gallic vernacular :P

I always thought (srs) that they wouldn't have included the
Blues look like they're going to win tonight

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
I want and need for our team to make the playoffs.... and win at least the first series...

so when we lose in a shoot out During regular season I'm at fault, too many blah blah here...

so lets get personal them....

you don't care for me, OK then block me if that makes your own little world better cause I don't really care about your little world k.....

I post what I feel so if you snowflakes that have an issue with it then please do me and especially you a great big favour and block me... please...pretty please... with a double chocolate donut on top if that's your thing...

2018 is our year period....

we make the playoffs period...

we win shoot outs we don't lose shoot outs cause losing is a lot worst than winning,

We Are WINnipeg!!!!!

Period!

I refuse to accept anything other than winning....

we have lost more than any sports franchise has...

Were done , the players on our team are done...

so are management...

were done losing!!!!

We have the pieces, all we need is everyone involved to start believing first in themselves and secondly in everyone else and for those who don't care what I have to say???

well why haven't you blocked me than yet???

Lastly!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.

The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end,

for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. – C. S. Lewis

For those who have yet blocked me....

I say whole heartedly!

Merry Christmas and the Happiest of the New Year possible....

Goodwill To All...

and to all the good people a sweet goodnight.

GO :jets GO

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AlphaLackey

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I thought ill advised plays by Wheeler killed the first two PPs when the Jets had a lot of control and pressure. Ice was bad, but I just didn't like his decision making or passing.

I was talking more about what they gave up at the other end of the ice. Sometimes sawing off top lines to a draw is all they need to do.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I see what you are saying but the NHL rule is that the player must remain in a constant motion towards the goal, not the puck. The puck actually does stop, albeit for a very small instant in time, as the player shifts the puck between backhand and forehand. It's funny because I believe the rule under international (Hockey Canada) rules state that the puck must remain in constant motion, which of course it never does.

That's not true. "West-East" movement of the puck stops but not necessarily it's "north-south" movement.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I think Wheeler is often playing through injuries. He has missed 3 games since 2011. That means you are playing through stuff. He's still effective enough but you can tell when he's in good shape and when he's not.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I want and need for our team to make the playoffs.... and win at least the first series...

so when we lose in a shoot out During regular season I'm at fault, too many blah blah here...

so lets get personal them....

you don't care for me, OK then block me if that makes your own little world better cause I don't really care about your little world k.....

I post what I feel so if you snowflakes that have an issue with it then please do me and especially you a great big favour and block me... please...pretty please... with a double chocolate donut on top if that's your thing...

2018 is our year period....

we make the playoffs period...

we win shoot outs we don't lose shoot outs cause losing is a lot worst than winning,

We Are WINnipeg!!!!!

Period!

I refuse to accept anything other than winning....

we have lost more than any sports franchise has...

Were done , the players on our team are done...

so are management...

were done losing!!!!

We have the pieces, all we need is everyone involved to start believing first in themselves and secondly in everyone else and for those who don't care what I have to say well why haven't you blocked me than yet???

GO :jets GO

As far as I'm concerned, no matter what else you've said before, as long as you express even the occasional sentiment of positivity to the team, then you're a fan.

Maybe you're drunk, maybe you're venting a serious personal life issue, or maybe you're just cranky (all three realities that I've seen us fans under) -- in any case, as long as you express even the occasional expression of joy for our team's successes, you're a good egg in my nest.

Your rubric about snowflakes or "blocking" or whatever, I mean -- hey, I remember my first beer too. It's all good!

at the end of the day, if you can even express ONCE with a straight face, the Go Jets Go chant, you're a million miles ahead of certain posters that SOMEHOW continue to baffle the Rule 3 filters. But if you actually factually like the Jets and want them to succeed, we'll be on the same page come April!

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
I already know someone will reply with a good rebuttal..

Congratulations before hand...

We are who we actually think we are...

Funny...

We are all Winnipeg Jets fans but still we cant get all along?

Not funny but sad on my part!

and all of yours who don't get along....

Go :jetsGo

That's all that really matters when being just a prairie hockey fan..,

too bad real life gets in the way of our escape...

Cest la vie....

; )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad