Post-Game Talk: Bearly Lost - Jets Lose 2-1(SO)

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Terribly sad news about Randy. Thoughts to his friends and family.

But what the hell Winnipeg?

c3bac9390f54ba19839f02fae62e00a1--licence-plates-canada-trip.jpg

I'll get back to your horrid roads one day. :laugh:

Reactions: Kgame

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Terribly sad news about Randy. Thoughts to his friends and family.

But what the hell Winnipeg?

I'll get back to your horrid roads one day. :laugh:

Yeah, that's confusion corner. As you can see, you approach it pretty much northbound on Osborne and once you see that sign, it doesn't matter which way you WANTED to go, you're like "f*** it, I'm staying on the only road that doesn't pretzel up here, I'll redo my Google Maps next intersection".

Though, I went to a laser tag place (Darkzone) that was right on that corner between 42 / 62 a whole lot during my youth. It's a car dealership now. Kinda burns a touch :(

Garbox

Feb 27, 2016
Finland
Woke up for the 3rd period, didn't miss much I think :D. I think the Jets had the edge in 3rd and OT, but Rask and Chiarot made the difference. To be fair, they did catch up Bruins on that attack, but if they didn't score on that I'd laugh my a** off for Chiarot's fumblings.
Beat the Islanders and it's a great trip, 2 points would of been great but the shoot outs are a toss up, more concerned about Wheeler very apparent that he could not participate in the shoot out
They were showing Wheels on bench at yhe beginning of skills competition and his knuckles had a pretty nasty bruise on tjem. Don't remember which hand, but anyway. Could be just a bruise, but I think he blocked that shot at the end of OT with his hand... let's hope for the best.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Did wheeler start smoking a couple of packs a day? He was putrid on too many shifts and then worse in OT.
That's because Scheifele refuses to end his shifts. Wheeler follows and tries to do all the work defensively while Scheif is floating somewhere. That's disaster. Laine has noticed that great example and now he's doing it too.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Honestly, I think relentless positivity is just as mindless and annoying as relentless negativity.

Go Jets go!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
You guys keep quoting posters but I can’t tell who they are or what they wrote? oh wait I can guess what they wrote. Can’t thank HFBoards enough for that new feature and I am not joking because it is allowing me to enjoy our best season ever more.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
I thought ill advised plays by Wheeler killed the first two PPs when the Jets had a lot of control and pressure. Ice was bad, but I just didn't like his decision making or passing.
Agree on this point. He has made some great seam passes in some of the games and now continues to try and make something out of nothing due to his past success.

That shot of his from the crappy angle 5’ over the net that caroms out of the zone bugs me too! It’s a PP killer, like Scheifs more often than not losing the 1st draw on PP...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
You guys keep quoting posters but I can’t tell who they are or what they wrote? oh wait I can guess what they wrote. Can’t thank HFBoards enough for that new feature and I am not joking because it is allowing me to enjoy our best season ever more.
Agreed. I had to go that route even before the change over, but the new site makes it easier than ever.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I'm happy with the point. Not so much about 3 on 3 play. Not sure why they don't practice that as it's part of the game. I think it will improve over time as our PP has. Helly was good but Rask was a little bit better. Never understood why TO got rid of him. Damn you Charle MacAvoy! (but i like that kid)

The holiday break will be timely. It looks like a few guys could use some rest.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Kulikov was free-agent gold.

Come to think of it, Chevy and co. have done well on Canada Day. Perreault and Kulikov are great adds. Even Jokinen served a purpose, even if it was merely place-holding for FeFe and showing the boys the importance of a quality massage.

Quality game. I wish there was a roulette wheel one has to spin at the end of OT to decide which kind of skills competition will tale place. Perhaps shootout, hardest shot, fastest skater, target practice, etc.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
While i agree Wheeler looked gassed we are forgetting he was sick just a few days ago . I don't know about you guys but if he has flem built up he probably doesn't have full a 100% breathing capacity . I saw a interview with him after the Nashville game and he sounded sick , plugged up . So i'll give him some slack , good road game and Helly played very good , guess i have to keep posting Helly's imoji .:laugh:

Reactions: libertarian

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Wheeler is a hell of a player but I wouldn't mind seeing Perreault take his spot on the PP. I feel like teams have recognized that Wheeler isn't a threat on the half boards and kind of just let him sit there and stickhandle. He really doesn't have a good enough shot to beat goalies clean from there so they just have to defend the pass.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I'm happy with the point. Not so much about 3 on 3 play. Not sure why they don't practice that as it's part of the game.

They do 3on 3 drills but they are usually confined to one zone. A practice lasts somewhere around an hour. A full sheet 3 on 3 scrimmage to simulate OT is not the best use of that time given how few practices the team is able to have during the season. It also doesn't engage the whole team with only 6 skaters on the ice and 15 watching. I doubt it would have any effect on performance if they did practice it. These are the reasons teams don't practice 3 on 3

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
They do 3on 3 drills but they are usually confined to one zone. A practice lasts somewhere around an hour. A full sheet 3 on 3 scrimmage to simulate OT is not the best use of that time given how few practices the team is able to have during the season. It also doesn't engage the whole team with only 6 skaters on the ice and 15 watching. I doubt it would have any effect on performance if they did practice it. These are the reasons teams don't practice 3 on 3
Understandable if practice is only an hour. Assumed they were longer than that.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I like how a couple of poor decisions on where to move the puck on the PP constitutes a poor game. Wheeler wasn't great on the PP, he was painting himself into corners again and waiting too long to make decisions with the puck, by the time he did he ended up being rushed, which effected his execution. I think one pass went off a skate, so in essence we're talking possibly an inch away from it being the right play.

Other than that he was completely fine, especially considering it was basically a road hockey game. Played one of the top lines in hockey to a standstill and did some nice work in the offensive zone down low. I thought he played the way the game dictated, there was very little space out there for either team, the entire game was pretty much played outside the dots, hardly any room up the middle.

I guess when your opponent plays well and does their job, the conclusion is you sucked. I take it Bruins fans are quite unhappy with Bergeron's play.

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
The player and coaches comments tonight about the quality of the ice also need to be taken into account. When the ice is that horrible it affects the skilled players more.

Definitely true. I watched a game last week also were guys were falling and losing edges and the refs and linesmen were patching holes all over the place.
You wouldn't think there'd be bad ice anywhere in the league anymore.

- I like the Laine quote. That's what I tell my daughter while she's playing soccer. - teasingly as she gets fouled a lot.

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Good string of games, regardless of wins & loses. Team is doing well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad