Post-Game Talk: Bearly Lost - Jets Lose 2-1(SO)

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Practice 3v3......why? It's a free for all. What are you going to practice, how to create an odd man rush? It's just trading punches, waiting for your goalie to make a save and then catching the other team in transition when one of them gets caught deep.
Maybe practice hitting the net, that might help.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Definitely true. I watched a game last week also were guys were falling and losing edges and the refs and linesmen were patching holes all over the place.
You wouldn't think there'd be bad ice anywhere in the league anymore.

It's a pretty common thing (bad chippy ice) in rinks that have basketball. Even a concert the night before can impact rinks that don't have basketball like Bell MTS Place

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Practice 3v3......why? It's a free for all. What are you going to practice, how to create an odd man rush? It's just trading punches, waiting for your goalie to make a save and then catching the other team in transition when one of them gets caught deep.
Maybe practice hitting the net, that might help.
The main tactic is just not to give possession of the puck to the opponent at any cost.

Reactions: Halberdier

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
It's a pretty common thing (bad chippy ice) in rinks that have basketball. Even a concert the night before can impact rinks that don't have basketball like Bell MTS Place

Ya, the usual suspects. I just think over the past half dozen - 10 years with so many modern facilities, technology and growing expertise - that you wouldn't see it nearly as much.
Just remembered the game last week was in Detroit. Brand new arena and they still had choppy ice.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
The main tactic is just not to give possession of the puck to the opponent at any cost.
The main tactic is to score before your opponent does, having possession of the puck helps that considerably.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Boston has had crappy ice for decades, their style of play reflects it.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
The positive for me, outside of getting a point in bean town, which is never easy, is that the Jets pretty much played their game again. The consistency in their style of play is really good to see, it's what good teams do. They looked like the team that has won 20 games already and could have easily added another. They played a good team, there was very little room to move and create, for both teams. This is how the playoffs are going to look, it's goood to know they can hang in them.

Helle being solid again was another big plus.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
They played a good team, there was very little room to move and create, for both teams. This is how the playoffs are going to look, it's goood to know they can hang in them.

The team really has learned patience. A game like this in the past would have frustrated them into forcing offence and giving up transition odd man rushes.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
sorry, poolman had control and just gave it away..how far back in a sequence do you want to go to cast blame, the trainer who sharpens the skates..?

I blame the person who made the wine that his mother consumed the night he wasn't conceived ;)

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Poolman made a bit of a careless play in blindly knocking the puck up the wall but this play broke down well before that. I have an opinion on where this broke down but I'll hold off since last time I got roundly ripped for micro-analyzing a goal and apparently unfairly blaming someone.

giphy.gif

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Trouba was a beast along the wall and retrieving the puck last night btw. His battle level was a huge part in keeping the Bruins to one goal.

Reactions: 204hockey

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Poolman made a bit of a careless play in blindly knocking the puck up the wall but this play broke down well before that. I have an opinion on where this broke down but I'll hold off since last time I got roundly ripped for micro-analyzing a goal and apparently unfairly blaming someone.

giphy.gif
Right winger should be protecting the half wall there, Tanev I beleive? Chairot should have had Tanevs' spot, Lowry continues puck pursuit and Tanev should have been more on his wing

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
sorry, poolman had control and just gave it away..how far back in a sequence do you want to go to cast blame, the trainer who sharpens the skates..?
Don't be sorry. 50/50 then. Chiarot is just not ready for this league and has had way more time to get ready than Poolman. It will be nice to get our 2 regular Dmen back as the games ramp up.

Reactions: 204hockey

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Right winger should be protecting the half wall there, Tanev I beleive? Chairot should have had Tanevs' spot, Lowry continues puck pursuit and Tanev should have been more on his wing
Agreed, one of Lowry or Tanev needed to stay high, there was no need to have 4 guys low. Since Lowry was closest to the puck and pursuing, Tanev should have peeled over near the half wall, Chiarot needs to stay with the guy in front in that situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad