Around the League - 2023/24

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
"Congrats for the job, your team is 13M over the cap. Good luck".
It's more of the "we don't want to lose you to another team, so we'll just promote you instead" type of move. Avs did the same thing with MacFarland and eventually will do the same with Scott Harris.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Nooooooooo! He was supposed to be traded here at the TDL then go back to Pittsburgh.

My dream. My dream is dead.
1000037309.gif

Reactions: The Moops

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Twitter cropped off the photo at least for me, so here are the important comments for the rest of you:
Untitled.png

I just hope he keeps skating. Because what I really liked about Rempe is the fact that he actually has the tools to be a really good 4th liner in the NHL. He skated really well, but his hockey IQ and conditioning just wasn't up to snuff in the playoffs which is why Laviolette didn't play him that much. If he can maintain that skating and get a bit of training what to do on the ice, that guy will be a menace. He's not going to be just a Boogaard who you see few times in a game, but a constant 4th liner who is over 2 meters tall and hits you hard. And will kill you in a fight.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Guys, I'm finding it really difficult to understand. We have an absolute top tier, generational talented filled team, capable of winning a Stanley Cup year-on-year.

I didn't know where to write this, but can people please explain to me? There is so much concern, negativity and pessimism by people who are posting about our chances.

I'm getting told things like a monkey is better than Georgiev, we should trade Rantanen, Cmac is too slow and sleepy etc etc etc.

Am I missing something here? Make no mistakes, we'll be competing for a cup this season. It's also like we've acquired a new marquee left winger. We have top tier talent coming through like Ritchie. We are very lucky here everyone.

Reactions: crusen86

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Guys, I'm finding it really difficult to understand. We have an absolute top tier, generational talented filled team, capable of winning a Stanley Cup year-on-year.

I didn't know where to write this, but can people please explain to me? There is so much concern, negativity and pessimism by people who are posting about our chances.

I'm getting told things like a monkey is better than Georgiev, we should trade Rantanen, Cmac is too slow and sleepy etc etc etc.

Am I missing something here? Make no mistakes, we'll be competing for a cup this season. It's also like we've acquired a new marquee left winger. We have top tier talent coming through like Ritchie. We are very lucky here everyone.
I know the relentless positivity is coming… Unless the Avs make some significant moves at the deadline, this team is a 2nd round exit team. Maybe first in a bad matchup. The Avs didn’t contend the last two years, they pretended. This team needs help and if they don’t get it by the deadline… odds are another early exit. The cap, age, contracts, cocaine… it all adds up.

Which is normal. Happens to all teams. Avs got their Cup and at least there is that.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

What you are missing is that you are on HFAvs.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I know the relentless positivity is coming… Unless the Avs make some significant moves at the deadline, this team is a 2nd round exit team. Maybe first in a bad matchup. The Avs didn’t contend the last two years, they pretended. This team needs help and if they don’t get it by the deadline… odds are another early exit. The cap, age, contracts, cocaine… it all adds up.

Which is normal. Happens to all teams. Avs got their Cup and at least there is that.

Question for you. Would having Nuke, Drouin and LOC available (and Landy) in the playoffs have made a difference? Also, G missed games, so did a raft of others?

Just asking - if we are "adding up".

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Question for you. Would having Nuke, Drouin and LOC available (and Landy) in the playoffs have made a difference? Also, G missed games, so did a raft of others?

Just asking - if we are "adding up".
No… Stars were very clearly better even missing their #1C. It was a meltdown in game 1 away from a sweep.

Plus injuries happen (I’ll consider Nuke a nasal injury)… they’ll always happen. Happened in the Cup run, will happen next season. Avs don’t have the depth or talent lower in the lineup to cover.

Reactions: missionAvs

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
No… Stars were very clearly better even missing their #1C. It was a meltdown in game 1 away from a sweep.

Plus injuries happen (I’ll consider Nuke a nasal injury)… they’ll always happen. Happened in the Cup run, will happen next season. Avs don’t have the depth or talent lower in the lineup to cover.

I have to disagree. You're talking 33.33% - 50% of your top 6 missing.

Winning a Stanley Cup takes a LOT of tangibles to achieve (injuries, chemistry, form, luck, goal-tending, culture, officiating, home ice advantages etc etc etc). We didn't have much "cup luck" (I call it) last season.

Give it a go mate. Next season, we (once again) have a top end team, consisting of generational talent, hard work, dedication, quality, culture, ambition, coaching, systems to be able to absolutely blow any other team away on our day.

Bookmark this post. As we challenge in the 3rd round (and beyond) next season, I'm going to want to hear your updated thought's and opinion.

I literally have 100% faith that if everything "goes to plan", our club is bringing the Stanley Cup back to Colorado. Bank it !

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
The Avs didn’t contend the last two years

Last year I agree. FO punted on the season at the deadline.

We did this year tho. You could make an argument they were a top 5 team this year. At worst maybe the 7th/8th best team. I think it was even more obvious after the finals as well. East got overrated. Edmonton was the 2nd best team and Dallas was an obvious 3rd. Avs have as good of a case as anyone after that.

Reactions: The Moops

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad