Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I think Edmonton has decent defense, as long as they keep Nurse and Ceci separte from eachother.

But Skinner is just no good, simple as that.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
McD going back to Tampa is seriously funny. Maybe Vancouver sends JTM back there too.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Ekholm is so good. Would kill to have him on the Rangers. Could you imagine an Ekholm - Fox top pair?
Yeah but it would not have been cheap. The Ekholm trade had a 1st, roster player, prospect structure. Probably a 1st, Othmann, Schneider, and that 1st would have been Perrault. Even at a reduced price, with hindsight would you trade Perrault, Sykora, and Jones for Ekholm? 3.5 seasons at $6.25M AAV?

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I, too, think people are sleeping on Edmonton. I have them going to the SCF. McJesus and the Deutschlander are healthy and finally have some secondary scoring in this post season.

Reactions: Oilking83

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Yeah but it would not have been cheap. The Ekholm trade had a 1st, roster player, prospect structure. Probably a 1st, Othmann, Schneider, and that 1st would have been Perrault. Even at a reduced price, with hindsight would you trade Perrault, Sykora, and Jones for Ekholm? 3.5 seasons at $6.25M AAV?
What amazing prospect did the oilers give up?

And anyway yes, our d corps after Fox is our biggest weakness and Ekholm would give us a guaranteed cup and he makes 2m less than Tuba it’s a no brainer

effen

Feb 3, 2018
My shoulder would come out of its socket fist pumping.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
What amazing prospect did the oilers give up?

And anyway yes, our d corps after Fox is our biggest weakness and Ekholm would give us a guaranteed cup and he makes 2m less than Tuba it’s a no brainer
2024 1st, their 2023 1st pick (prospect irrelevant but was the #32 pick), Tyson Barrie, 4th (for like 250k retention?) I'm not saying those exact players but something in that range. Anyways, I'm not taking a hard stance. I'm just saying that would probably be the cost. @effen seems totally happy to pay that price. He would be a rocking 1LD for sure and a big improvement to Lindgren so I can see value.

Miller was ass while he was here and as soon as we ship him off he becomes god tier. But no I doubt that happens.
He got worse in TB which is why they shipped him off to VAN. That is where he popped.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I think Edmonton has decent defense,.....
You said a mouthful.... They put on a masterful display in game 7. With Vancouver all out, to get back in the game, trailing 3 zip, they couldn't even get through the neutral zone, much less spend any time in the offensive zone. The Oilers stifled and suffocated them big time. It was impressive and scary.

How is it you are nursing a 3 goal lead, and only allow 17 shots on net for the entire game? When Knoblauch called his time out after Vancouver made their push and came within one, Edmonton resumed their defensive clinic they had going on earlier in the game. Hell, Vancouver had a 5 on 3 PP, and couldn't even set up or find a lane to get a shot.

Conner and Draisaitl combined, had one assist, and they still won. I sure hope Dallas takes care of them, but I doubt it.

I sure wouldn't want to face Knoblauch. He knows us all too well. You add him to their fire power and stifling D, it would be big trouble.

I hope at least Dallas takes them 7 games.

I know I am getting ahead of myself, but I don't think Florida poses us much of a threat. I don't see them as a step up or any better than the Canes.

Last edited:

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
maybe tbl moves sergachev. too much salary on that left side.

we ship out Trouba and trade for Serg? nasty top 4

Sergachev Fox
Miller Schneider

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
You said a mouthful.... They put on a masterful display in game 7. With Vancouver all out, to get back in the game, trailing 3 zip, they couldn't even get through the neutral zone, much less spend any time in the offensive zone. The Oilers stifled and suffocated them big time. It was impressive and scary.

How is it you are nursing a 3 goal lead, and only allow 17 shots on net for the entire game? When Knoblauch called his time out after Vancouver made their push and came within one, Edmonton resumed their defensive clinic they had going on earlier in the game. Hell, Vancouver had a 5 on 3 PP, and couldn't even set up or find a lane to get a shot.

Conner and Draisaitl combined, had one assist, and they still won. I sure hope Dallas takes care of them, but I doubt it.

I sure wouldn't want to face Knoblauch. He knows us all too well. You add him to their fire power and stifling D, it would be big trouble.

I hope at least Dallas takes them 7 games.

I know I am getting ahead of myself, but I don't think Florida poses us much of a threat. I don't see them as a step up or any better than the Canes.
Dallas is deeper and has better goaltending. I would be surprised if Edmonton won that series.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
A local acquaintance of mine is related to Dakota Joshua. He put up 18 goals in 63 games this regular season (pacing for 23) - then added 4G/4A in 13 games in the playoffs. What type of contract do you all think he's likely to be offered by teams as a UFA this summer? To clarify I'm not asking out of any interest for the Rangers roster, I'm just curious what kind of contract he's likely to be tendered as a UFA given his player attributes and his recent performance.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
A local acquaintance of mine is related to Dakota Joshua. He put up 18 goals in 63 games this regular season (pacing for 23) - then added 4G/4A in 13 games in the playoffs. What type of contract do you all think he's likely to be offered by teams as a UFA this summer? To clarify I'm not asking out of any interest for the Rangers roster, I'm just curious what kind of contract he's likely to be tendered as a UFA given his player attributes and his recent performance.

Probably something like what Goodrow got

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad