Around the NHL 2024 - Offseason Moves

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
You can only have so much smaller-sized D in your lineup. Carrier, Fabbro, Statsney, MDG are all on the smaller side. You can maybe fit two of those in your lineup.
Livingstone is huge and can skate. Fabbro at 6' isn't small it's probably average or close to it, same with Statsney. Molendyk is 6'1"

Ideally for me, I'd have Josi, McD, Fabbro, Statsney, Livingstone, Lauzon.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Livingstone is huge and can skate. Fabbro at 6' isn't small it's probably average or close to it, same with Statsney. Molendyk is 6'1"

Ideally for me, I'd have Josi, McD, Fabbro, Statsney, Livingstone, Lauzon.
Molendyk is listed at 5'11" on Capfriendly. Did he hit a growthspurt?

Edit: preds website has 6'1". Multiple scouting reports have 5'11". A couple have 6'0" and one or two have 6'1". Height is really something that isnt exactly subjective... youd think they could have that figured out.

Reactions: Kat Predator

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Molendyk is listed at 5'11" on Capfriendly. Did he hit a growthspurt?

Edit: preds website has 6'1". Multiple scouting reports have 5'11". A couple have 6'0" and one or two have 6'1". Height is really something that isnt exactly subjective... youd think they could have that figured out.
Well considering he is 18 and still in what can be a normal growth window, it is possible he has grown since the scouting reports were created.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Broberg is supposed to be more of a skilled puck moving defenseman type even though he’s big though right? To me the problem isn’t necessarily size but more not having enough physical D in the pipeline.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Broberg is supposed to be more of a skilled puck moving defenseman type even though he’s big though right? To me the problem isn’t necessarily size but more not having enough physical D in the pipeline.
You are probably right here. Chistyakov plays a pretty physical game but im drawing a blank beyond him for the other prospects

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
We couldn’t miraculously salvage Myers or Foote… sometimes guys are just too far gone or weren’t going to make it anyway. I’m not signing up for another swing at the ball when have Stastney, Del Gaizo, and Molendyk already looking so good on LD.

No need to spend time on somebody else’s mistake again. We had more room this year to give that a try up front with Foudy and Fagemo, but they didn’t pan out either. Usually when a prospect ages out and his team gives up on him there isn’t some miracle around the corner. Tolvanens are rare.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
We couldn’t miraculously salvage Myers or Foote… sometimes guys are just too far gone or weren’t going to make it anyway. I’m not signing up for another swing at the ball when have Stastney, Del Gaizo, and Molendyk already looking so good on LD.

No need to spend time on somebody else’s mistake again. We had more room this year to give that a try up front with Foudy and Fagemo, but they didn’t pan out either. Usually when a prospect ages out and his team gives up on him there isn’t some miracle around the corner. Tolvanens are rare.
Fagemo wasn't given up on by the Kings. He was the 13th forward on a team that had cap space for 12 so they tried to send him to the minors and lost him for a few weeks. We didn't give up on Tolvanen ... injuries hit, cap hell ensued with the blueline callups, and Poile chose to option him to the AHL rather than put Boro on LTIR (Poile's own comments clearly stated they weren't giving up on him but trying to sneak him down as he thought Tolvanen would clear). Foote was a give up by the Bolts and a toss in to make the cap hits work out so they could trade draft picks for Jeannot ... and a player we then gave up on and let go for nothing.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
After an Avs fan posted about RyJo in the former Pred thread I went and read the Avs GDT last night and hoo boy.... there are posters calling for them to blow it up and rebuild, ship out their starting goalie, trade/dump multiple players.... all while sitting in first place in the division and losing a 4-2 game to a team only a couple points behind them.

I guess we here are more level headed than I realized

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
On November 15th Nashville was 5-10-0 (14th in the West) and Edmonton was 5-9-1(12th West, on their way to 5-12-1 on Nov 22)

27 days later and we are both in playoff slots (Edm based on point percentage)

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
On November 15th Nashville was 5-10-0 (14th in the West) and Edmonton was 5-9-1(12th West, on their way to 5-12-1 on Nov 22)

27 days later and we are both in playoff slots (Edm based on point percentage)
Even crazier that depending how the guys above us play the next several games we could be right in the thick of a top 3 spot in the central.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
We’re the best team in the league since Nov 15th.

The test is between now and New Years. Canes x2 , Caps x2 (both on the back side of back to backs), Canucks, Stars, Wings, and rematch of last night at Flyers .... none against the bottom 5-10 teams in the league.

Since Nov 15, the Preds are 3-2-0 against teams currently in a playoff spot. We gained a lot of points on teams currently languishing in the bottom 10 including two wins against the currently last place Hawks. Eeking out wins against the Habs and Hawks is great for the standings but the overall level of play needs to improve to keep any positive momentum over the next couple of weeks and remain in a wild card spot come 2024.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
It do be nice that we have built a nice buffer between us and St Louis, Seattle and Minnesota.

2nd line has been quiet since Novak has returned. I think that line needs a change of scenery...maybe move Parsinnen up and have him swap with Evangelista

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
@Viqsi please check in and let us know you didn't blow a brain vessel tonight..

(CBJ blew a 5 goal lead in the 3rd period... won in OT but still...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad