Around the NHL 2022-2023 *Mod warning in effect pg145

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Flames are looking good so far. Outshooting the Avs 14-3 in the first period. Honestly holding the avs to only 4 shots 6 min into the 2nd period is really good

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Watching the Wild-Rangers highlights now and man the Rangers look really good right now, think they got a deep team this year. They looked good against Tampa last game too. Fleury didn’t look sharp at all.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Flames are looking good so far. Outshooting the Avs 14-3 in the first period. Honestly holding the avs to only 4 shots 6 min into the 2nd period is really good
Ya the Flames are going to be good this year, even after losing Tkachuck and Gaudreau, pretty crazy.
Think that Colorado is still going to be one of the best teams in the West but at the same time they’re going to fall back down to earth a bit and not be the juggernaut they were last year. We’ll see though.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I haven't understood why anyone has been predicting the Wild as being a top team in the West. I think last year was a bit of a flash in the pan and now they have those cap penalties. I must be crazy, but I think they have a higher chance of being a bottom 3 team in the conference than a top 3 team.
Agreed. their success last year feels like a fluke to me too. Plus they lost fiala and their better goalie. And didn’t they score like 15 goals with their goalie pulled?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
If Kaako and Lafreniere have finally arrived that Rangers team is going to be scary good. They've already got Zibenejad, Kreider, Panarin, Fox, Shesterkin, Miller, Trouba, Trochek...that's a hell of a core; with plenty of young, talented guys like Chytil, Kravstov, Schneider, Lindgren, Jones in supporting roles and grit with Reaves, Blais, Carpenter, Goodrow...

Very jealous of what they've got brewing on Broadway. They're as good as anyone and should be the favorite to come out of the East.

Dallas also looked really good. Wyatt Johnston scored in his debut. Heiskanen played almost 27 minutes (stud). Jamie Benn had the fewest ice time of any Star, while the newcomer Marchment scored twice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
The Rangers at +350 to win that division was the best division winner future. I like the Blues at +1200 and fifth favorite in the Central. Pavel Fivegoals is a significant weak link for an otherwise potent team which many people have decided to assume will simply overcome his Fivegoalaria. If Binnington matches Husso's .919 then +1200 is great value.

This is all assuming the schedulemaker allows the Blues to compete and eventually play hockey games. The Blues are currently tied for "dead last" in the NHL, so it will be yet another incredible turnaround if the Blues make any noise this year.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Elmer Soderblom is a beast. Been a fan of his for a while and the guy is going to be a problem in the NHL. Enormous but can skate and has legit skill.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Elmer Soderblom is a beast. Been a fan of his for a while and the guy is going to be a problem in the NHL. Enormous but can skate and has legit skill.
I don't know anything about Detroit's coach, but I love what he did with putting that line together with Sundqvist, Rasmussen and Soderblom. They are big and going to be too much to handle for smallish defenders. Soderblom's goal, he just decided to go to the front of the net to clean up a rebound and no one could say anything about it.

Perron looks to have the same role on their PP, but as a team they didn't try any of the cross ice passes that the Blues PP thrives on. It was nice to see Husso get a shut out and his first win. Allen played great, stopped 37/38. For two bottom dwellers, it was an entertaining game.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
With the Husso shutout and Allen's 1-goal performance, it was about to be the single greatest night in the history of former Blues goalies, but then Winnipeg put two in late on Halak.
If only Cooper had played Elliott in Columbus. He could’ve had a shut-out. He’s the Uncle Rico of the NHL at this point; old man Elliot.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
NHL and TBL re-instate Cole after finding zero evidence supporting the claims made by an anonymous Twitter account. Emotional kneejerkers can form a queue and pucker up.
It sounds like the NHLPA is going to push back against the policy to suspend him for an anonymous complaint, saying the bar should be higher before action like that is taken.

Its a weird world we live in when anyone can have a platform to reach a large audience anonymously.

Would be kinda funny to see Minnesota missing the playoffs after Dom predicts them as the division champs this year.
I didn't watch the game, but Fleury got pulled after 1 period. Nothing against him, but would also be funny to see him not be starter quality after they ran Talbot out of town.

(I hate when this stupid site pulls completely unrelated posts together for no valid reason other than they were temporally close together. So what? I can't have two separate thoughts that belong in the same thread?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
NHL and TBL re-instate Cole after finding zero evidence supporting the claims made by an anonymous Twitter account. Emotional kneejerkers can form a queue and pucker up.

I have developed a problem of spending too much time on Twitter, but it astounds me that some members of the media believe we have devolved to the point that some anonymous account could throw a grenade like that, and then the league that employs the recipient wouldn’t expect a response from the accuser when following up on it.

I 100% believe Ian Cole has done things to send people into a righteous anger, and is not the man of the year, but that makes him more likely than your average dude to take a drive by attack. You drop a bomb like that, in a sane world, you know you have to be prepared to follow up on it, don’t you?

Last edited:

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
On what legal grounds? He was suspended WITH pay. Where in the CBA or SPC does it say he can't be suspended with pay while they perform an investigation?

Being punished with no proof of any wrong doing is kind of f***ed up but it's not like I would expect you to be able to grasp that concept.

Reactions: TheDizee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad