Value of: Martin Prospisil, Nicolas Deslauriers and Mathieu Olivier to Montréal

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Go to sleep and read in shame tomorrow.
Pospisil isn’t going to go for less than a low 1st. He’s an NHL regular who people hate to play against, can score the odd goal and is defensively responsible.

There’s no point trading him for a 2nd or less. You’d be lucky to get a Pospisil with a 2nd and a few years of development.

Would I give up a 1st for him? Probably not. But there’s zero incentive for the Flames to trade him for less than that given his age and what he’s done so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: HairyKneel

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
he's 25 in a month, missed a full year and has never scored more than 8 goals and - he's worth a potential lottery pick?
Drafted in 2018. Guess how many guys were drafted with a bottom 10 1st who are better from 2017 to 2019? It's a short list. 2 players. K'Andre Miller and Jake Oettinger. 2 out of 30.

If you're judging Pospisil by goals then it's abundantly clear you don't know who he is. He's a defensive savant and a top 5 irritant in the league. He's a missile on the forecheck. How would you feel about a physical, nasty Lekhonen? That's Pospisil. He'll add 15 goals minimum this year too. The coaching staff is playing him with our 10.5 Million dollar failure of a winger because they are hoping POSPISIL can help HUBERDEAU to be useful.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Olivier is actually a hockey player who legitimately deserves to be in the lineup, he's not a detriment to his team when he's on the ice and I hope they keep him around for awhile. I thought the Xhekaj bro's are supposed to terrorize the league someday?

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Drafted in 2018. Guess how many guys were drafted with a bottom 10 1st who are better from 2017 to 2019? It's a short list. 2 players. K'Andre Miller and Jake Oettinger. 2 out of 30.

If you're judging Pospisil by goals then it's abundantly clear you don't know who he is. He's a defensive savant and a top 5 irritant in the league. He's a missile on the forecheck. How would you feel about a physical, nasty Lekhonen? That's Pospisil. He'll add 15 goals minimum this year too. The coaching staff is playing him with our 10.5 Million dollar failure of a winger because they are hoping POSPISIL can help HUBERDEAU to be useful.
You left a LOT of guys out.

In terms of games played in the NHL as a basic look:

7/10 in 2018 have him beat
9/10 in 2017 have him beat
4/10 in 2019 have him beat

To say he's better than Rasmus Sandin or Morgan Frost is wild.

Also a disgusting way to value assets, by that logic of "well late 1sts only have a so and so % chance of becoming NHLers" every single NHLer in the league would be worth a 1st.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Potential top 5 pick for that guy, hahahahaha!!!
I never said top 5. I said 2 out of 30 bottom 10 picks are better than Pospisil from 2017 to 2019. One year before his draft, his draft and one year after his draft. Galchenyuk was picked 3 OA. I'm sure you remember him.

Pospisil is a player who you win with. Florida just won with a bottom 6 full of lesser versions of Pospisil.

You guys traded a less physical version of Pospisil for a 2nd and Justin Barron. Did that work out well for you or for the Avs?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

Wow. In your evaluation, he sounds generational. Keep him. Habs aren’t trading a potential lottery pick for him

Olivier is actually a hockey player who legitimately deserves to be in the lineup, he's not a detriment to his team when he's on the ice and I hope they keep him around for awhile. I thought the Xhekaj bro's are supposed to terrorize the league someday?
well he did beat up the sens tough guy and then scored a goal so there's that

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I never said top 5. I said 2 out of 30 bottom 10 picks are better than Pospisil from 2017 to 2019. One year before his draft, his draft and one year after his draft. Galchenyuk was picked 3 OA. I'm sure you remember him.

Pospisil is a player who you win with. Florida just won with a bottom 6 full of lesser versions of Pospisil.

You guys traded a less physical version of Pospisil for a 2nd and Justin Barron. Did that work out well for you or for the Avs?
Do you genuinely believe Pospisil is better than Rasmus Sandin

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008

You said MTLs first which will be very high. Pospisil isn’t worth even close to that.

Scrub for a potential top 5, only on HF boards, haha.

Btw - Pros isn’t qualified to carry Leks equipment bag.

Reactions: viceroy

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
You said MTLs first which will be very high. Pospisil isn’t worth even close to that.

Scrub for a potential top 5, only on HF boards, haha.

Btw - Pros isn’t qualified to carry Leks equipment bag.
Just your assessment of him as a scrub is plainly ridiculous. It means your opinion is really uninformed. Guy plays 60 games and is second in the league in hits while playing lights out D and he's a scrub.

According to MTL fans they have a good nucleus. Yet you think it's a top 5 pick? Only one of those things can be true.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Just your assessment of him as a scrub is plainly ridiculous. It means your opinion is really uninformed. Guy plays 60 games and is second in the league in hits while playing lights out D and he's a scrub.

According to MTL fans they have a good nucleus. Yet you think it's a top 5 pick? Only one of those things can be true.
He is a scrub, worth a first round pick, lol, thanks for the laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: Double Dion

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He is a scrub, worth a first round pick, lol, thanks for the laugh.
I said I wouldn't trade him for the Florida pick. He's worth substantially more. Just because you guys gave away Lekhonen for nothing doesn't mean we're going to give away a more physical version of him for nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad