Player Discussion Josh Anderson - The Rene Bourque Edition

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
TBH, I'm not even sure the tools were ever really there to begin with anymore, outside of the skating. Feels like he was always smoke and mirors, it just took people a long time to realize it.

Well he has the size, skating and technically a hard shot. Generally tools that should succeed

Just cant hit the broad side of a barn with the shot, processes the game like a 1980s pc, heart and courage of the Tinman and Scarecrow

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Looks totally cooked , he can't score anymore , shoots wide almost every shot, feel bad for the guy , he needs to only be allowed to shoot low/shoot for the pads , change his game up , the dream is over

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Looks totally cooked , he can't score anymore , shoots wide almost every shot, feel bad for the guy , he needs to only be allowed to shoot low/shoot for the pads , change his game up , the dream is over
Used to stand up for him cause the effort used to be there but this preseason can’t say I’ve noticed any effort, don’t recall any of his patented rushes where he goes wide around the D with dropped shoulder and cuts to the net, just seems to float out there. Maybe the preseason has just been too unorganized and he will look better in real games but that’s not where the smart money is at this point.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Used to stand up for him cause the effort used to be there but this preseason can’t say I’ve noticed any effort, don’t recall any of his patented rushes where he goes wide around the D with dropped shoulder and cuts to the net, just seems to float out there. Maybe the preseason has just been too unorganized and he will look better in real games but that’s not where the smart money is at this point.
I like this player , being able to generate a high danger shot after his power donkey move is his whole thing , he's great at it , nowadays without a shot he's just a donkey out there , he's missing the net at an alarming rate , last season was crazy and it's not looking great again so far

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Anderson usually looks better in pre-season then during the season. It was the case last year and how he ended up on the 1st line to start the season again. This year, he only looked good for a few shifts against Toronto.

He's mentally done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad