Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I'd think 5+ for sure - that guy lost his mind - intentional cross check to the face / head with the intent to injure is as bad as it gets

Yeah, I don't really see him convincing anyone of anything lesser being justified. Turns around and crosschecks a guy across the head who was uninvolved in the initial play that resulted in Larkin being on the ice. Just complete reckless stupidity, it's probably going to be a big one.

Reactions: kanadalainen

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
CBJ down 2-1 to Florida after one period.
Laine with 4:31 of ice time and a -2.

None

Feb 22, 2012
What about #27 from Ottawa?

I'm not really sure how supplemental discipline could be justified. He doesn't really raise his stick by an unreasonable amount, doesn't extend his arms all that much, and the butt end is completely covered by his hand. The result is unfortunate but it speaks more to how the NHL should be punishing roughing more harshly than anything.
Ideally you make head contact basically an automatic major like it is in junior hockey with few exceptions. #21 Kelly would've gotten 5 for the deliberate roughing there.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I'm not really sure how supplemental discipline could be justified. He doesn't really raise his stick by an unreasonable amount, doesn't extend his arms all that much, and the butt end is completely covered by his hand. The result is unfortunate but it speaks more to how the NHL should be punishing roughing more harshly than anything.
Ideally you make head contact basically an automatic major like it is in junior hockey with few exceptions. #21 Kelly would've gotten 5 for the deliberate roughing there.
I doubt that he gets knocked out if the butt end is fully covered.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I don't agree with Cousins throwing a dangerous hits and then not answering the bell but Gudbranson went too far here. I have no issue with taking a run a him but jumping the guy and continuing to pound him on the back of the head while he is on the ice unable to defend himself is stupid and dangerous.

Reactions: Dirtbag151

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don't agree with Cousins throwing a dangerous hits and then not answering the bell but Gudbranson went too far here. I have no issue with taking a run a him but jumping the guy and continuing to pound him on the back of the head while he is on the ice unable to defend himself is stupid and dangerous.

I have no problem with this

Eddie Shore :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad