Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
22 games in and PLD has the same amount of points as Namestnikov. Wasn’t expecting that.

Last season I was constantly attacked on this board for calling out PLD's disinterested play by the PLD fanclub here calling me biased against for daring to critisize him. If you look at the LA Kings board many of their posts about PLD's play could literally be copy paste of my posts about him from last year. Many here could nor accept that the guy we traded for Laine was just a decent 2C who only brought it when he felt like it. Kings fans are more unbiased and see him clearly.

He has the worst GAR on the kings and the only regular to be in negatives on that metric.

Obviously he is not this bad and he'll end up with his usual 55-60 points by the time the season is done and have a positive GAR but my point stands. He's been basically Brian Little with size in his career unless he is really bringing it (which he doesnt do regularly) but whereas folks here were ready to run Little out of town saying he wasn't even a good enough 2C some here couldn't tolerate even mild criticism of PLD.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Last season I was constantly attacked on this board for calling out PLD's disinterested play by the PLD fanclub here calling me biased against for daring to critisize him. If you look at the LA Kings board many of their posts about PLD's play could literally be copy paste of my posts about him from last year. Many here could nor accept that the guy we traded for Laine was just a decent 2C who only brought it when he felt like it. Kings fans are more unbiased and see him clearly.

He has the worst GAR on the kings and the only regular to be in negatives on that metric.

Obviously he is not this bad and he'll end up with his usual 55-60 points by the time the season is done and have a positive GAR but my point stands. He's been basically Brian Little with size in his career unless he is really bringing it (which he doesnt do regularly) but whereas folks here were ready to run Little out of town saying he wasn't even a good enough 2C some here couldn't tolerate even mild criticism of PLD.
I think most Jets fans and not just Laine fans saw that Little was a very good hockey player. I know i always loved Little's game, 1st line center, killed penalties, hard worker , just a good hockey player.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Interesting how some posters here love pointing out when former HFJets favs at the bottom of the lineup are not doing great on their new teams (your Harkins, Nikus and Petans). Yet get annoyed when accomplishments of guys who are thriving on other teams are brought up (Eyssimont).
Yeah, hard to believe that a guy on pace for 12 goals this year isn't being talked about day in and day out on here

Only Names and Gus have fewer goals than him this season

Last edited:

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I think most Jets fans and not just Laine fans saw that Little was a very good hockey player. I know i always loved Little's game, 1st line center, killed penalties, hard worker , just a good hockey player.
Little was a gem. I was choked when he had to walk away from the game because of concussions. I bought a Little jersey after he signed the last contract, thinking he would be with us for a while. IIRC he played less then 10 games after he got he hit by Flys slap shot. He had just recovered from another head injury.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Little was a gem. I was choked when he had to walk away from the game because of concussions. I bought a Little jersey after he signed the last contract, thinking he would be with us for a while. IIRC he played less then 10 games after he got he hit by Flys slap shot. He had just recovered from another head injury.
Yeah, both my mother and I really liked Little. Her nickname for him was "Lamb" as in Mary had a Liitle...:laugh:

It was sad that he got injured and it is nice to hear of his new passion, Ironman competitions. Hope True North brings him back as an ambassador, it's something they most likely will do...:thumbu:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Yeah, both my mother and I really liked Little. Her nickname for him was "Lamb" as in Mary had a Liitle...:laugh:

It was sad that he got injured and it is nice to hear of his new passion, Ironman competitions. Hope True North brings him back as an ambassador, it's something they most likely will do...:thumbu:
Can he still get on an airplane and fly?

Reactions: macmaroon

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015

Maybe he just paces himself. Play hard when you need to like during the playoffs.

Why wear yourself out?

Reactions: hn777

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
These are the players Leafs have let go for either for nothing or for dirt cheap in the last ~4 years

Zach Hyman: 15G 26P walked for nothing

Alex Barabanov: 47 pts in 62 games last season traded for a guy playing in the Swiss league

Mason Marchement: 18 pts in 25 games traded for Denis Malgin who is now in the Swiss league

Jared McCann: 40 goals 70 points last season exposed and lost in the expansion draft

Michael Amadio: 15 points in 27 games on Vegas 3rd/4th line lost on waivers for nothing

Sam Lafferty: 13 points in 27 games on the Canucks 3rd/4th line traded for a 5th round pick

Evan Rodrigues: 20 points in 25 games walked as FA after not receiving a Qualifying Offer

Granted most of these guys weren't what they became when they left but So much talent out of the org for nothing... basically an NHL top line and and NHL middle-6 line. This is not even counting Trevor Moore: 22 points in 23 games traded in a package for Kyle Clifford/Jack Campbell as atleast they got a couple of good years of Campbell out of it.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

yeah, that's fair. I'd definitely say you've been vindicated.

Another one that got away.

Him and Eric Comrie, I mean, HOW?!

At this point, I'm really starting to believe that Chevy is better suited to evaluate fringe NHL players than I am.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
These are the players Leafs have let go for either for nothing or for dirt cheap in the last ~4 years

Zach Hyman: 15G 26P walked for nothing

Alex Barabanov: 47 pts in 62 games last season traded for a guy playing in the Swiss league

Mason Marchement: 18 pts in 25 games traded for Denis Malgin who is now in the Swiss league

Jared McCann: 40 goals 70 points last season exposed and lost in the expansion draft

Michael Amadio: 15 points in 27 games on Vegas 3rd/4th line lost on waivers for nothing

Sam Lafferty: 13 points in 27 games on the Canucks 3rd/4th line traded for a 5th round pick

Evan Rodrigues: 20 points in 25 games walked as FA after not receiving a Qualifying Offer

Granted most of these guys weren't what they became when they left but So much talent out of the org for nothing... basically an NHL top line and and NHL middle-6 line. This is not even counting Trevor Moore: 22 points in 23 games traded in a package for Kyle Clifford/Jack Campbell as atleast they got a couple of good years of Campbell out of it.
Never realized they had marchment - that's a massive mistake

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida

Little was better than PLD

Reactions: 10Ducky10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad