Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Yeah, Kings lost the Pretty Lame Dude trade methinks
Last year on this date, the Jets were at a .674 P%, the Kings were well back at .556.

Fast forward a year, with them having PLD and we have their castoffs of Vilardi, Iafallo and Kupari. LA at .750, Jets at .625. Isn't the whole point of a trade to make your team better?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Last year on this date, the Jets were at a .674 P%, the Kings were well back at .556.

Fast forward a year, with them having PLD and we have their castoffs of Vilardi, Iafallo and Kupari. LA at .750, Jets at .625. Isn't the whole point of a trade to make your team better?
Spending $8 million on a 40-point, inconsistent, mediocre defensively centre is certainly not what I would do to make my team better. Probably why I don’t work in hockey. :laugh:

Besides, it was mostly tongue in cheek, I suspect PLD to get back up to his usual 60-point, inconsistent, mediocre defensively self eventually.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
You spoked too soon.
Kings win after being down 3-0 after 2 periods.
Kings have to be Cup favorites ... they only way they lose is by running into a hot goalie.
I PRAY to the Hockey GODS that they somehow eliminate Vegas, but I don’t see it happening. Their goaltending is still suspect to me.

Reactions: SUX2BU

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021

Don’t think Dubois has gone in there and transformed that team. They’re winning in spite of him, not because of him.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Dubois didn't want to be here and i'm glad for that. Vilardi, Iafallo and Kupari are a little more than castoffs , we are a better team with them. It would be nice to have all 3 playing at the same time though for a chunk of games just to see how much better we can be.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

You don't think the Jets are miles better this year? We've also only had the centerpiece of the trade for us for 4.3 games.

I'm fine is the trade works out well for the Kings. All I really care about is what is done for the Jets.

Also, $8.5MM

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

oof :laugh: when you put it like that , lol.

since then
they've added Gavrikov as well, and Talbot who is playing extremely well and one of the top performing goalies this year which is the key difference...... we also added Nino, Namestnikov and lost Wheeler since then. it's not just the ins-and-outs from the trade. & still lot of season left.

Last edited:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
A classy organization ......... :facepalm:

yeah, but they aren't the only professional sports franchise who does this kind of thing and charges money for the "experience" and you do get merchandise with the visit. The article even mentions two other NHL franchises that do the same. If people want to waste their money, let them. This wouldn't even get any press in the US. But it's Montreal, so yah lot's of angry fans gonna bang fists. It says you can still meet Youppi for free at his booth or whatever it is.

This is more an indication to me of how desperate times are getting for professional sports franchises to raise extra money to offset costs, especially NHL ones.

I'm not defending it as a business decision, it's a pretty lame one, but the online backlash drivers are also trying to create a naarative that Youppi is basically demanding lil Habs fans dish out $195 from their piggybanks to be near him and that isn't the case.

Social media has ruined the world.

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
yeah, but they aren't the only professional sports franchise who does this kind of thing and charges money for the "experience" and you do get merchandise with the visit. The article even mentions two other NHL franchises that do the same. If people want to waste their money, let them. This wouldn't even get any press in the US. But it's Montreal, so yah lot's of angry fans gonna bang fists. It says you can still meet Youppi for free at his booth or whatever it is.

This is more an indication to me of how desperate times are getting for professional sports franchises to raise extra money to offset costs, especially NHL ones.

I'm not defending it as a business decision, it's a pretty lame one, but the online backlash drivers are also trying to create a naarative that Youppi is basically demanding lil Habs fans dish out $195 from their piggybanks to be near him and that isn't the case.

I just posted it because f*** Montreal ........

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015

You can get a personalized video from a disgraced US congressman for almost the same price

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Last edited:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
A classy organization ......... :facepalm:

I could see this if you wanted him to come to you work or your house....

I can see it. Mascot is walking around the arena, some kid rushes up to him, and the kid is tackled by security.... "Where's your debit card, kid?"

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
You can get a personalized video from a disgraced US congressman for almost the same price

I'm tempted to ask for a request for him to shoot a video with lots of sweaters lying around and which are clearly visible to the camera...

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Kyle Wellwood sharing some Jets stories

Talked about Kane- saying the stuff that happened with him with the tracksuit was well deserved. Said they'd go out for dinner and he would go and eat by himself instead of waiting for him in the lobby and still wanna eat by himself. Said you couldn't joke around with him as he would take everything seriously and you were worried there might be a fight. Said he loved him on the ice though.

About Buff- said he's a great dude and hillarious. Said during those early seasons of Jets 2.0 when they were still playing the South East division and had those long flights Buff would bring beers in to the plane. Buff was 295-298 lbs at one point and the Jets told him to weigh in daily and get to 265 but the players were rooting for Buff to hit 300 on the scale. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad