Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
It was just V cash...bet 200 and won 920.
I'd rarely bet real money on the Sharks!

Dang...

And I thought I got lucky...

1701488918797.jpeg

Last edited:

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Reportedly the Leaf's wanted both Zadorav and Tanev with heavy retention from the Flames. Why does their management think other teams will help them win the Stanley Cup and clean up their messes. Domi finally scored a goal 22 games in, Reaves is barely NHL capable, Bertuzzi isn't worth 5.5m and Klingberg is a shitty d man and they finally realized it. Wont get into their goalie situation.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Reportedly the Leaf's wanted both Zadorav and Tanev with heavy retention from the Flames. Why does their management think other teams will help them win the Stanley Cup and clean up their messes. Domi finally scored a goal 22 games in, Reaves is barely NHL capable, Bertuzzi isn't worth 5.5m and Klingberg is a shitty d man and they finally realized it. Wont get into their goalie situation.

Interesting given that trades with retention happen all the time. I expect the return was a little better than a 5th and whatever 2026 pick Calgary got, but no retention won the day.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Reaves is NHL-capable?

Reactions: WolfHouse

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Byfield really starting to show why he was selected second overall. I've been thourally impressed with his ability to use his size to win pucks in combination with real high end skill. He's no longer just the rush only player he was in junior. He's a real force down low now. Definitely had the perfect roll model in Kopitar to learn from. Another example of why good veteran mentors are so important for talented young players.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Laine is such a waste of talent. He just sits on the outside trying to beat goalies from, 50 plus feet. He takes perimiter play to an extreme.

Byfield really starting to show why he was selected second overall. I've been thourally impressed with his ability to use his size to win pucks in combination with real high end skill. He's no longer just the rush only player he was in junior. He's a real force down low now. Definitely had the perfect roll model in Kopitar to learn from. Another example of why good veteran mentors are so important for talented young players.
Too bad we didn't have one of those good veteran mentors when Laine was here.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
John Hynes gives me hope that one day, an NHL team will throw up their hands and decide to go with a head coach from the biggest hockey forum on the internet.

Then, after they've been scared away from the cesspool that is Reddit and found HFBoards, they'll roll the dice and pick between the purple moderators who clearly don't have much else going on, and it'll land on me. And then I'll be set for life, because I too am an inoffensive and unremarkable man, just like John Hynes, so teams will keep hiring me.

That is genius and also explains so much about your time in HFJets!

• Haha
Reactions: roccerfeller

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

Insane that there were LA Kings fans this summer who preferred to give up Byfield over Vilardi in a PLD trade. Can never give up on a guy with that size and speed at 20.

Laine is such a waste of talent. He just sits on the outside trying to beat goalies from, 50 plus feet. He takes perimiter play to an extreme.

I don't think he is a perimeter player per-say he just never even has an opportunity to be even be a perimeter player as his lines spend most of their time outside the offensive zone.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I was hoping for Byfield over Vilardi in the PLD deal. Very different players. That said, I'm super pumped about Vilardi too

Reactions: roccerfeller

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
PLD a quarter of the way through the season on pace for 43 points.

Interesting thing about him, he has 11 points and 5 of them have come against teams he had some personal connection to:

1 against Jets and 2 against the Habs for obvious reasons. 2 against the Wild against whom he had some tough divisional battles last season and who were reportedly one of the teams he said he would consider signing with but who didn't make an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad