Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
They also need McDavid to pick it up. I think he rushed back before his injury was fully healed for the Heritage classic and it was a mistake. Last season he put up 153 points and this season he is pacing for 82 currently.
12 pts in 3 gp since this post lol. now on pace for 120.

• Haha
Reactions: Duke749

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
People here being kind of hilarious.

"Oh these awful rumours about Bedard and his mom! They couldn't be true, right? But... what if...? Oh gosh I feel so terrible for poor Bedard family"

It's a stupid mom joke, ffs. Literally the only thing giving it any power is weird reactions like this that don't understand that. If you actually feel bad then why even comment on some made-up BS and give it legs?
I’m surprised the mods haven’t deleted those comments actually.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I’m surprised the mods haven’t deleted those comments actually.

Feels like a great time to remind people of the report feature. Personally I haven't had the time to follow this thread post by post in the last few days.

The rumour has been dispelled so no more talk of anyone's mothers (or daughters) as it relates to Corey Perry, please, at least until we get some confirmation either way.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
That bartending/server money can be pretty easy to get used to as well. I have run into so many people who transitioned into “real jobs” thay look back and pine for the days they walked with $300 on a night.”

Good gig while you are going through school.
Great gig while you are going through school, but that kind of work is primarily for the young (<35) due to the energy required. Your body and mind can tolerate a lot more with a lot less (sleep, nutrition, etc.). Later on, far less so. I do still know some people my age still working in the service industry, by far the majority that remain are in management.

The "tax free" notion is far less appealing than it seems these days as well. In the prehistoric days it was primarily cash with a modicum of credit card charges that could be traced. Now it's primarily electronic (90%?) and that is all traceable if they come looking. And eventually they will. I know an awful lot of people that got audited while working in the restaurant industry and still get audited far more than should reasonably be expected.

I look back and pine for my glory days as well. There's a song or two out there about that though...

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
He needs time to adapt to the pro game.
He'll have plenty of time to do that in Rochester.
It is the right move.
It is definitely a justifiable move. They probably wanted to see whether the lord and saviour would fix their goaltending woes immediately, and now that it didn't happen, they adjusted. Sweet.

...which raises the question "why the f*** is Comrie still there?". Surely they didn't see him as an option after what happened last season?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
It is definitely a justifiable move. They probably wanted to see whether the lord and saviour would fix their goaltending woes immediately, and now that it didn't happen, they adjusted. Sweet.

...which raises the question "why the f*** is Comrie still there?". Surely they didn't see him as an option after what happened last season?
To back up UPL?

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
Great gig while you are going through school, but that kind of work is primarily for the young (<35) due to the energy required. Your body and mind can tolerate a lot more with a lot less (sleep, nutrition, etc.). Later on, far less so. I do still know some people my age still working in the service industry, by far the majority that remain are in management.

The "tax free" notion is far less appealing than it seems these days as well. In the prehistoric days it was primarily cash with a modicum of credit card charges that could be traced. Now it's primarily electronic (90%?) and that is all traceable if they come looking. And eventually they will. I know an awful lot of people that got audited while working in the restaurant industry and still get audited far more than should reasonably be expected.

I look back and pine for my glory days as well. There's a song or two out there about that though...
Tips through the machine are all annotated and reported to CRA. But you'd be amazed (I was) at how many people sitting at a bar still pay cash.

A lot of them use the machine but tip the tender in cash, which is what I do when I eat out. Men wearing wedding rings but drinking alone always pay cash. Young men with a special lady in tow always over tip in cash. Older men who look tired and wear a wrinkled suit always tip very well for a few minutes of sympathetic chat. Women are lousy tippers. If a guy orders a high-end scotch, he's going to leave you at least a $20 bill. I got advice to quickly get up to speed on the culture.

I had to laugh at the bolded part. I turn 26 in January and my body and mind are constantly exhausted.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Loved the active side of the business (banging out shifts on the floor) and did that into my early 40’s until I got kicked upstairs. Still miss the action in a nostalgic way.

You are right about youthfulness though. This past month I have been fortunate to pull a few shifts that are more volunteer oriented and they are only 3 hours (prepping food and serving) and it feels like I am grinding out a month in the salt mines. I feel like there might be a Neil Young song written on this topic.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Tips through the machine are all annotated and reported to CRA. But you'd be amazed (I was) at how many people sitting at a bar still pay cash.

A lot of them use the machine but tip the tender in cash, which is what I do when I eat out. Men wearing wedding rings but drinking alone always pay cash. Young men with a special lady in tow always over tip in cash. Older men who look tired and wear a wrinkled suit always tip very well for a few minutes of sympathetic chat. Women are lousy tippers. If a guy orders a high-end scotch, he's going to leave you at least a $20 bill. I got advice to quickly get up to speed on the culture.

I had to laugh at the bolded part. I turn 26 in January and my body and mind are constantly exhausted.

I'm sure if I were tending bar, I'd get plenty of tips from women.

Most would probably be in the form of what I could do with myself though.

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018

I personally think tipping has gotten out of control. It used to be a good tip was 10% excluding tax and liquor. Now the suggested tip starts at 18% of everything.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'm sure if I were tending bar, I'd get plenty of tips from women.

Most would probably be in the form of what I could do with myself though.
1701301183506.gif

• Haha
Reactions: GeorgeJETson

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
A week or so ago we were having a debate in this thread about which one of Laine or PLD is better. For anyone who was saying Laine, I challenge them to watch his shifts from tonight's game and see if they feel the same. Completely summarizes Laine vs PLD in a nutshell- when PLD is bad he is simply invisible making you wonder if he is even playing but not costing the team too much, when Laine is having a bad game he is actively killing his line, bobbled pucks, turnovers, weak clearing attempts and stands out in a bad way. And that's in a game where he scored a goal!

CBJ rookie Adam Fantilli was having a pretty solid 2-way season averaging 50.06 xGF%, 1 week ago Laine was put on his line and his metrics have started going into the toilet 46.16 xGF% on the season now, 28.10% since Laine was put on his line.

Last edited:

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
A week or so ago we were having a debate in this thread about which one of Laine or PLD is better. For anyone who was saying Laine, I challenge them to watch his shifts from tonight's game and see if they feel the same. Completely summarizes Laine vs PLD in a nutshell- when PLD is bad he is simply invisible making you wonder if he is even playing, when Laine is having a bad game he is actively killing his line, bobbled pucks, turnovers, weak clearing attempts and stands out in a bad way. And that's in a game where he scored a goal!

CBJ rookie Adam Fantilli was having a pretty solid 2-way season averaging 50.06 xGF%, 1 week ago Laine was put on his line and his metrics have started going into the toilet 46.16 xGF% on the season now, 28.10% since Laine was put on his line.
He scored a goal tonight but he is just awful with or without the puck. I think he heard the boo birds tonight

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
A week or so ago we were having a debate in this thread about which one of Laine or PLD is better. For anyone who was saying Laine, I challenge them to watch his shifts from tonight's game and see if they feel the same. Completely summarizes Laine vs PLD in a nutshell- when PLD is bad he is simply invisible making you wonder if he is even playing, when Laine is having a bad game he is actively killing his line, bobbled pucks, turnovers, weak clearing attempts and stands out in a bad way. And that's in a game where he scored a goal!

At one time or another I have defended both Laine and PLD but I am throwing in the towel.

Very glad neither of them are part of our organization anymore. I find Both of their terminally erratic emotional states exhausting.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
At one time or another I have defended both Laine and PLD but I am throwing in the towel.

Very glad neither of them are part of our organization anymore. I find Both of their terminally erratic emotional states exhausting.

Yeah both extremely enigmatic for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: ps241
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad