Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
  • Wow
Reactions: roccerfeller

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I'm one of the few old Thrashers fans you guys and gals have left. I love Blake Wheeler and respect the hell out of what he did here. I don't understand, at all, how any one can blame him or disrespect him. He busted his ass every shift on both ends for this franchise for his entire career.

No one has really said what was going on behind the scenes and unless there's a book written later I expect we never will know the whole story.

So as a fan of this franchise including when it broke this old goblin's heart in two when it was moved from Atlanta please don't try to paint this as "Wheeler fans" versus "real fans". That is just disrespectful and unnecessary. Blake Wheeler didn't fake almost 1k points and almost 1k games with this franchise let alone wear the C for years.
There is not one Jet fan that can say anything negative about Wheeler in his prime.
The sad part is everybody gets old and its time to pass the torch.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
  • Haha
Reactions: Luc Labelle

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Oilers Still a 45% chance of making playoffs. San Jose .1%. Montreal 6%
Montreal is screwed because that division is the toughest... but San Jose .1% with one less win than Edmonton... something is off - oilers would have to pass six teams in the standings

Oil is 8 pts out and Cdns are 4... are you sure that's. to a 4.5 % chance haha

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Montreal is screwed because that division is the toughest... but San Jose .1% with one less win than Edmonton... something is off - oilers would have to pass six teams in the standings

Oil is 8 pts out and Cdns are 4... are you sure that's. to a 4.5 % chance haha
Gambling websites have a vested interest in giving more accurate info than media sites.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
How are they giving Edmonton odds that good? Is that solely based on McJesus possibly, miraculously turning them around?
I'd look askance at the odds they produce.

We beat New Jersey and they gave us a 78% chance of making the playoffs.

The next game, we beat Buffalo so they gave us a 73% chance of making the playoffs.

Sure, get two more points but your odds go down. In what world does that make sense?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

The next game, we beat Buffalo so they gave us a 73% chance of making the playoffs.

Sure, get two more points but your odds go down. In what world does that make sense?
My only guess would be because other teams around us won that night.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I finally caved and paid to be an HF sponsor, what a joy to not to have ads popping up all the time. Makes me want to post on here a bit more again. It's worth it
I did it when all the ads started, honestly i wouldn't be on here without out it. Some probably would be ok with that though.:laugh:

Teams well below won to decrease the odds.
See i was right.:laugh:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I did it when all the ads started, honestly i wouldn't be on here without out it. Some probably would be ok with that though.:laugh:

I could kind of tolerate the ads on the computer, but on my phone browser there was this one that kept popping up that was like an all around outside border that swallowed up enough of the page to make it annoying and difficult to read plus had an 'X' to close it that was so small I'd need a new pair of progressive lenses to see it. That was enough

Luc Labelle

Lucius 895 Injuries
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2005
Winnipeg

LOL I became a sponsor because this disgusting foot fungus ad kept taking up half my screen. Best annual fee I have ever paid as I am reading HFBoards every day.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
It's okay without it. But if I manage to land a good position here in Winnipeg after I graduate, I'll certainly become a sponsor.

Since I might be gone from Manitoba in 6 months, I'm holding off on a number of long-term commitments.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

It's not just the wins, it's how well they've played. And facts are facts, we got dummied in that game but a goaltending edge stole us two points. Bucky was amazing and Comrie let in a GWG muffin from the blue line.

It's also still early enough in the season that models are transitioning from last year's data to this year's (most will be a hybrid), and with MoneyPuck especially, they are stronger on recent data than most, so expect some volatility too.

And of course, the probabilities of other teams making or not making the playoffs and so forth.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
According to my LoudMouthSource at lunch, Brossoit used to be a starter for the Oilers. Why would he want to go back there and reclaim his stateroom on the Titanic?
Oh i agree but some backup goalies would agree to a trade to another team to be a starter just not that Titanic though.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Laine dropping some grenades

“It’s probably, over my career, the most embarrassing thing that’s happened to me,” Laine said. “So obviously I’m not happy about that. They know that. It is what it is. It’s done and we’re back (to practice). So just try to focus on playing.”

Laine didn’t stop there, saying he was blindsided by Vincent’s decision, felt it was unfair and would not be beneficial to his play, even though he acknowledged that he has struggled so far this season, in part due to injuries. He has two goals and one assist in nine games.

“If your confidence isn’t there, I don’t think you’re going to find it eating popcorn, watching the game,” Laine said. “That’s my opinion.

“I understand it, that guys who are going are playing. I understand that. I’m not stupid. But at the same time, if you want to get going, you have to be out there. I can’t get confidence drinking BioSteel on the bench. I’m not crying about it, because I’m not in a position where I can complain about anything with the way I’ve been playing. But that’s how I see it.”

It was clear that Laine, 25, was biting his tongue on Tuesday, even as he spoke at length with reporters.

“I’m not going to start analyzing it that much, because I don’t know what I’m gonna say,” Laine said. “I’ll just keep it at that. I’m not going to say anything dumb. It’s up to them. I just play here. And I play whenever they tell me.

“It was a complete surprise, yeah. We had some talks (with Vincent), but I don’t think it was related to that. I was kinda blindsided by it, I’m not going to lie. But what are you gonna do? Just suck it up and deal with it. That’s all I have to say about it.”

“I don’t think it matters who it is, Pazzy or somebody else I don’t know that well,” Laine said. “I would have said the same thing — I’m not happy with this. I don’t think it’s fair.

“It is what it is. They heard my side. I heard their side. At the end of the day, they’re the ones making the call as to who’s playing. I just show up whenever they tell me to. I didn’t think I would see this day. So, just try to move forward and work hard and get back to playing.”

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Oilers Still a 45% chance of making playoffs. San Jose .1%. Montreal 6%
If the playoff cutoff is 92 points, the Oilers would need to put up a .623 points percentage in their final 65 games.

They don't have a particularly easy schedule (in terms of opponents) the rest of the way, but it's not a tough schedule either. But of the teams they'd be chasing, all except Calgary have even easier remaining schedules.

They have a total of 10 back-to-back series this season and they're all coming up (compared to the Jets, who have 8 total b2b series this season and just finished the first one 2-0...so 7 to go).

It's a tall order for the Oilers.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Accountability is something that is missing in Laine game, he needs to have a real good look in the mirror and figure it out.
Monster ego's do not work well in these situations - his major concern is the embarrassment that he has had to go through for the first time in his life :skeptic:.
That says a lot about this player and how he has been coddled through his career - this came completely out of no where, right?:huh:

Stop sulking and go out and show everyone how wrong they are about you - that was probably what the coach had in mind when he sat you for a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad