Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I have watched a lot of Kings games and that has been my take on him too. Has shifts where he looks like good PLD but a lot of the time nothing really happens with him out there. To be fair he has been stapled to a rookie all season on his line so that may be part of it.

The Kings GDT often goes full Sip on him in the games i have watched lol.

That team other than his line looks amazing though.
His tenure was a big let down for what he and this team was build to be. Happy he's gone and the return we got so far has been solid.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sep 30, 2016
The Kings GDT often goes full Sip on him in the games i have watched lol.

As entertaining as that might be, they could never match the Sip-iness of our Sip. It's a pale imitation, a Sipitation if you will.

86acdx.jpg

:sarcasm:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Pld in mid season form.
Not even 20 games in and his lackadaisical play is getting called out more than it ever did here lol

When asked how he felt about his play so far, Dubois had this to say...

"We’re playing really good defensive hockey and I’m not getting as many shots. So if you’re just looking at stats, ‘Oh, his season is bad.’ No. My game is right, my details are great. My movement is great. I’m just going to build on what I have and try and be patient.”

“You can’t let bad things really bring you down. If I go in here and I’m not very confident and not feeling myself, everyone is going to know it right away. And that’s when things really spiral and that’s when your game starts changing,” said Dubois.

“I don’t want that. My game is good right now. I just got to be mentally strong right now. I’m confident, my game is right. I’m watching all of my details. Everything is right. I just got to be patient for things to come.”

The Hobgoblin

Sep 6, 2011
FWIW: I was a season ticket holder of the Atlanta Thrashers. We had good to great attendance. The city backed that franchise. The horrible ownership and the worst GM in hockey history in Don Waddell killed us. Read the book "Broken Wings" that covers the Thrashers to see just how horrible this combination was to the franchise.

I am friends with someone that was involved with one of the 24 local groups that tried to keep the Thrashers in Atlanta. That person has assured me that the NHL is already agreed to put an expansion team in Atlanta. It will not be at State Farm (used to be Philips) Arena where the Thrashers played. It will be at a new place called The Gathering in a suburb north and east of Atlanta. It will be a bigger area than The Battery where the Atlanta Braves play. There will be tons of shops, malls, and family fun places in addition to an 18,500 state of the art HOCKEY arena being built now. If you don't keep up with Atlanta sports attendance all of the teams sell well. The Gathering will be where more of the hockey fans live and will be much, much easier to get to than going downtown in nightmare Atlanta traffic. The fans will be there and the corporate sponsors are already set up for the Gathering.

That is where the Atlanta expansion team will play. The ownership group is already in place and will pay the expansion fee. It will not be 2030 when this happens but sooner. Once The Gathering is completed in 2-3 years expect the announcement of the new Atlanta franchise. That person did not know if they would reuse the Thrasher name or use a new one.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
As entertaining as that might be, they could never match the Sip-iness of our Sip. It's a pale imitation, a Sipitation if you will.

View attachment 769098

Those Kings fans definitely give Sipowicz a run for his money. Some of the good ones they came up with for him that I remember from the last game I watched were "Perpetually Lacking Desire", "Puck Losing Dipship"... that's up there with some of the best this board for him while he was playing for the Jets.

I said last year that the Kings should trade for Laine. It's too late now.

PLD for all his faults still easily helps you win more than Laine. Don't get me wrong Laine is more likable but PLD is a better player if you want to win. I have been a long standing PLD critic on this board, the main difference between the two is that when PLD has a bad game he is merely "invisible", "not doing anything", but when Laine has a bad game he is often the worst player on the ice that's a liability for that amount of ice time.

Avocado Coolranch

Just a fool
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
Not me going over to the main board to only to see like 5 Canucks related threads. I swear for a moment I thought I accidentally clicked on the Canucks sub board by accident.

Boy… I thought Toronto was obnoxious but damn, Canucks fans are crazy lol. Honestly will make it more entertaining when they come back down to earth once they start playing more non bottom feeders. The only strong team they won against was maybe Dallas 2-0? It’s like they won the cup or something but in reality it’s only been 16 games lol!

Reactions: kanadalainen

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
FWIW: I was a season ticket holder of the Atlanta Thrashers. We had good to great attendance. The city backed that franchise. The horrible ownership and the worst GM in hockey history in Don Waddell killed us. Read the book "Broken Wings" that covers the Thrashers to see just how horrible this combination was to the franchise.

I am friends with someone that was involved with one of the 24 local groups that tried to keep the Thrashers in Atlanta. That person has assured me that the NHL is already agreed to put an expansion team in Atlanta. It will not be at State Farm (used to be Philips) Arena where the Thrashers played. It will be at a new place called The Gathering in a suburb north and east of Atlanta. It will be a bigger area than The Battery where the Atlanta Braves play. There will be tons of shops, malls, and family fun places in addition to an 18,500 state of the art HOCKEY arena being built now. If you don't keep up with Atlanta sports attendance all of the teams sell well. The Gathering will be where more of the hockey fans live and will be much, much easier to get to than going downtown in nightmare Atlanta traffic. The fans will be there and the corporate sponsors are already set up for the Gathering.

That is where the Atlanta expansion team will play. The ownership group is already in place and will pay the expansion fee. It will not be 2030 when this happens but sooner. Once The Gathering is completed in 2-3 years expect the announcement of the new Atlanta franchise. That person did not know if they would reuse the Thrasher name or use a new one.
Hmm, right about the time the Jets will be drawing 8,000 fans a game and Chipman is looking to sell. :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: RabidOne

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Not me going over to the main board to only to see like 5 Canucks related threads. I swear for a moment I thought I accidentally clicked on the Canucks sub board by accident.

Boy… I thought Toronto was obnoxious but damn, Canucks fans are crazy lol. Honestly will make it more entertaining when they come back down to earth once they start playing more non bottom feeders. The only strong team they won against was maybe Dallas 2-0? It’s like they won the cup or something but in reality it’s only been 16 games lol!

They're also bad on Twitter, anytime someone says that they're shooting at an unsustainable level there are legions of people ready to tell that person how wrong they are.

They've been very good, I can give their fans a bit of a break since they've been bad for awhile.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Hope this is true, would be great for all of the hockey fans in Atlanta to get a local team back!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Those Kings fans definitely give Sipowicz a run for his money. Some of the good ones they came up with for him that I remember from the last game I watched were "Perpetually Lacking Desire", "Puck Losing Dipship"... that's up there with some of the best this board for him while he was playing for the Jets.

PLD for all his faults still easily helps you win more than Laine. Don't get me wrong Laine is more likable but PLD is a better player if you want to win. I have been a long standing PLD critic on this board, the main difference between the two is that when PLD has a bad game he is merely "invisible", "not doing anything", but when Laine has a bad game he is often the worst player on the ice that's a liability for that amount of ice time.
idk if easily is true. laine helped propel this team's pp to one of the best in the league when it was customarily near the bottom prior to him coming. shit on PP numbers all you want, but the PP was the hallmark of 2 of our most successful seasons which trump anything PLD's Jets delivered, while still being a +Goal-Diff player at 5v5 in 3/4 years. the 18-19 season he was definitely terrible at 5v5 post November, and deserved criticism. I thought he bounced back pretty well in 19-20 finishing top-10 in scoring for RW. those other 3 seasons ranged from v good to having this board wetting their pants.

PLD on the other hand, based on his CBJ numbers at his age really never took a step in production or all-around play imo, on a team that had a better surrounding cast. then there's the PO performances when Scheifele was out and he barely stepped up. imo his style of play may not have been sustainable for a full year with the gritty/garbage-goal style, which led to his play detriorating towards the end of the year. he is still a really good player dont get me wrong but just dont think he helped propel this team to new heights that were expected.

and i am not someone who was super enamored with laine. i do appreciate goal-scoring more than others on here it seems, but when comparing is it vs the PLD-Jets, the latter was just so mid. even off the ice, i thought laine stood up for the city pretty well when it was getting shit on.

Last edited:

The Hobgoblin

Sep 6, 2011
Hmm, right about the time the Jets will be drawing 8,000 fans a game and Chipman is looking to sell. :naughty:

Lol no, no this will be a true expansion team not a relocation. The owners will get 750 million plus for each expansion team. It sounds like Atlanta and Houston are the first two and Salt Lake City and Quebec City will be the next two after them to have 36 teams. 750 million x 4 is a LOT of money for the NHL owners to pass on just to take a relocation fee.

Hope this is true, would be great for all of the hockey fans in Atlanta to get a local team back!

I was devastated when the Thrashers were stolen from us. We supported that franchise faithfully and the ownership did nothing. It was an embarrassment how badly they treated the fanbase in Atlanta.

I will be beyond thrilled when we get another NHL team in Atlanta. And don't worry, I will still cheer for the Jets as well as the new Atlanta team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad