Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I know it's only tangentially related to the NHL, but I should point out that our own @bustamente has made the final five in the Survivor 1 pool. Let's see HF Jets bring it home :)
20-19-01-819_512.gif

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Buffalo had a tonne of them as well and they are full of top end young talent. I think many markets are hurting and fans aren't as willing to show up for a never ending rebuild and a historically bad product.
Buffalo, another team that needs a goalie much like the team we played tonight, if only they thought about that in the off season.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I'm starting to wonder just how much Helle was shopped if at all this summer. Seems that the team always wanted to keep him and Mark and try to compete.
I think the team had ever intention of keeping him at a reasonable ticket and that's what they got. Having said that if an out this world offer would of come by they would of listened and maybe even made a move.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I think the team had ever intention of keeping him at a reasonable ticket and that's what they got. Having said that if an out this world offer would of come by they would of listened and maybe even made a move.
Teams have to realize if they want elite stability in goal they either have to draft and develop it or pay up for it.

I think New Jersey and Buffalo did kick tires on Helle, but ultimately weren’t prepared to pay the acquisition price. Now they suffer the consequences.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Teams have to realize if they want elite stability in goal they either have to draft and develop it or pay up for it.

I think New Jersey and Buffalo did kick tires on Helle, but ultimately weren’t prepared to pay the acquisition price. Now they suffer the consequences.
Surely Hells is still available for the right price?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The Jets all summer kept saying they wanted to compete and not rebuild. Helle on the team accomplishes that.

They weren't ever going to trade Helle unless he says he doesn't want to sign here

NJD, BUF etc there probably really was no shot In acquiring him.

yup. there's what maybe 5-6 goalies who have that great stability? and the teams who have them probably don't want to give them up. they want to compete too.

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Pld in mid season form.
Not even 20 games in and his lackadaisical play is getting called out more than it ever did here lol

I have watched a lot of Kings games and that has been my take on him too. Has shifts where he looks like good PLD but a lot of the time nothing really happens with him out there. To be fair he has been stapled to a rookie all season on his line so that may be part of it.

The Kings GDT often goes full Sip on him in the games i have watched lol.

That team other than his line looks amazing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad