Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
At least we got to see them be absolute crap for over a decade. I think we are seeing that if you are bad enough for long enough eventually you will draft some elite talent and be good.
Edmonton fans supported them during that time as well , I doubt that happens here.

Reactions: ps241

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Oilers scored early and takes the lead played stingy defence in the 2nd/3rd Outshot by their opponent Reminds me of the Jets in the regular season
Jets played playoff hockey in the regular season then switched mode playing all O no D hockey
Kinda like what Oilers did in up to November when they looked they were going to miss the playoffs

Reactions: raideralex99

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Edmonton fans supported them during that time as well , I doubt that happens here.

Yea they kept buying tickets didn’t they. Edmonton has a population advantage on us that continues to widen.

In 2000 Edmonton had a population like Winnipeg has today at about 900,000. Over the past quarter century they have had nice steady growth, by 2010 they were at 1.137 million, 2015 it was 1.292, then 2020 1.461, in 2024 their population is approximately 1.568 million.

Not sure how Edmonton does it? It’s not an attractive city but I guess it’s in a thriving province.

Winnipeg’s growth projections I’ve seen are pretty modest.

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Yea they kept buying tickets didn’t they. Edmonton has a population advantage on us that continues to widen.

In 2000 Edmonton had a population like Winnipeg has today at about 900,000. Over the past quarter century they have had nice steady growth, by 2010 they were at 1.137 million, 2015 it was 1.292, then 2020 1.461, in 2024 their population is approximately 1.568 million.

Not sure how Edmonton does it? It’s not an attractive city but I guess it’s in a thriving province.

Winnipeg’s growth projections I’ve seen are pretty modest.

It was cheap to move there and close to oil fields. Your comment about thriving province are pretty apt.

Reactions: ps241

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Maurice and the Panthers should have a pretty easy go with the Oil.

Imagine having 2 of the top 5 forwards in the game (one of which is clearly the best player on the planet), another 50 goal scorer, a top 5ish defencemen and killing 28 straight penalties to have the best PK while having the best PP and somehow still being the underdogs in a series.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
"and Stuart helping Edmonton to some of the best shut-down defensive hockey imaginable, Jets fans will certainly be scratching their heads at the missed opportunities behind the bench in Winnipeg."

I'm sorry, what? do they not realize that mark stuart was on the ice attempting to play hockey and wasn't actually coaching us? this is probably the dumbest thing I have read in a while... next time we will keep a guy who couldn't play hockey because 10 years later he might be able to coach...

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
The NHL is a cesspool in marketing/operations department.
1 full week delay for start of these finals.
Is this the movie idiocracy in real life?
If goes game 7 June 24th. WTF who will be watching?

If Tars Vs Rat City were playing ZERO audience.

Should have moved up the dates you fools.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
"and Stuart helping Edmonton to some of the best shut-down defensive hockey imaginable, Jets fans will certainly be scratching their heads at the missed opportunities behind the bench in Winnipeg."

I'm sorry, what? do they not realize that mark stuart was on the ice attempting to play hockey and wasn't actually coaching us? this is probably the dumbest thing I have read in a while... next time we will keep a guy who couldn't play hockey because 10 years later he might be able to coach...
It’s like the reverse Charlie Huddy. Pretty good when he played, but garbage as a coach.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

As the New York Rangers met with the media Tuesday morning, Wheeler didn’t use the word retirement when asked if he’s thought about what comes next, but he also wasn’t ready to declare he was coming back again either.

“I was so just focused on getting healthy and with everything that was going on with the team and trying to win, that’s been the focus,” Wheeler said in New York. “Now, I’ll just, sort of, re-evaluate and go from there.”

Do you want to play again next season?

“I don’t know,” said Wheeler.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Imagine having 2 of the top 5 forwards in the game (one of which is clearly the best player on the planet), another 50 goal scorer, a top 5ish defencemen and killing 28 straight penalties to have the best PK while having the best PP and somehow still being the underdogs in a series.
Well, to be fair they are going up against a team that just completely creamed the President’s Trophy winner — a team with the best defensive forward in the league, a 57-goal-scorer, another couple players in and around PPG, and a goalie capable of stealing a series.

I don’t think it’ll be a cakewalk, I’m expecting a good series but I can see why Florida is favourited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad