Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
While we don't have a McDrai, perhaps someone should communicate the last point to the Jets brass that a shit PP and a shit PK won't get it done.

Yeah it's a lot easier when you have McDavid, Drai, Hyman, RNH and Bouchard as your top unit. The PK though is a big team effort.

The Oilers definitely really want this you can tell. They are sacrificing everything out there to get it done.

Helps having two of the top 5 players in the league and a defencemen who is in the running for top 5.

We need more elite talent plain and simple.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Yeah it's a lot easier when you have McDavid, Drai, Hyman, RNH and Bouchard as your top unit. The PK though is a big team effort.

The Oilers definitely really want this you can tell. They are sacrificing everything out there to get it done.

Helps having two of the top 5 players in the league and a defencemen who is in the running for top 5.

We need more elite talent plain and simple.
We just need to get scheif off the halfwall and our powerplay works

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Good goaltending and good specialty teams. Who knew that could spell success. Hopefully Arniel is taking notes.

I honestly wouldn't even say Skinner has been all that good. A .897 and a 2.85 in the playoffs is certainly not something I'd look at and say yep thats elite playoff goaltending.

We just need to get scheif off the halfwall and our powerplay works

Doesn't really matter what configuration we use we will not be as good as a McDrai PP unit.

Reactions: CorgisPer60

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think Florida's D and goaltending is miles better than the Stars, and their agitators will get under McDavid and Draisaitl's skin.

Otter has been much better than Bobrosvky at least stats wise this playoffs. But Florida did just take out Shesterkin.

It's an interesting mix here because both teams have elite offensive talent, both teams have a decent goalie who isn't really playing lights out but well enough, both teams are capable of shutting it down, both teams have plenty of agitators and size to manhandle opponents.

If everything else stays equal than Edmonton wins this on the special teams battle alone.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Otter has been much better than Bobrosvky at least stats wise this playoffs. But Florida did just take out Shesterkin.

It's an interesting mix here because both teams have elite offensive talent, both teams have a decent goalie who isn't really playing lights out but well enough, both teams are capable of shutting it down, both teams have plenty of agitators and size to manhandle opponents.

If everything else stays equal than Edmonton wins this on the special teams battle alone.

Florida dominated the Rangers though, if not for Shesterkin it could've been over in 4 or 5. I think Florida are the narrow favourites but it really feels like a toss up to me.

Reactions: GNP

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Florida dominated the Rangers though, if not for Shesterkin it could've been over in 4 or 5. I think Florida are the narrow favourites but it really feels like a toss up to me.

Florida is likely narrowly the better team when it comes to 5v5 but the Oilers have special teams locked up by a country mile.

Sure Florida has Bennett and Tkachuk to get under the Oilers skin but the Oilers have Kane and Perry to fire right back. The Oilers also have probably 3 of the top 5 players in this final.

Reactions: GNP

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Doesn't really matter what configuration we use we will not be as good as a McDrai PP unit.
Are you suggesting we should tank for 10 years and multiple first round picks to rebuild our PP haha?? I feel like my solution is somewhat more attainable.

It will depend if Florida is allowed to play its game or not
Florida will win game one and then McD will cry to the media... then Bettman will call the refs.

A Stanley cup for McDiddly will really help market Utah when he signs there as a UFA

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Are you suggesting we should tank for 10 years and multiple first round picks to rebuild our PP haha?? I feel like my solution is somewhat more attainable.

We don't need multiple just one really good one. But with the current team we have that's pretty unlikely.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
No drought here in Winnipeg that's for sure, enough damn rain already.
Dude... as a steadfast HF Jets comrade in arms, I should comment, with only best intent. Your actions may reflect some stress -> the Oilers and the rain can't last forever. Things will improve my lad.

200w.gif

Things could be worse. For perspective:

cfe64380799fcf2ccf27c611cb3d3281e2e3009006eeebd7e2ec4c4cac383fdb_1.jpg

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
They won because they needed their goalie to steal a game, and he did. Skinner is demonstrating what the Jets expect from Helle, but aren't getting.
a 0.923 this series, including a 0.971 on 35 SOGs in a closeout game when his team appeared to get outplayed. it was like entire pandemic ago the Jets got that from Hellebuyck. and this is the supposed no-defense, no-goaltending, no-depth Oilers 🤔 :sarcasm:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
a 0.923 this series, including a 0.971 on 35 SOGs in a closeout game when his team appeared to get outplayed. it was like entire pandemic ago the Jets got that from Hellebuyck. and this is the supposed no-defense, no-goaltending, no-depth Oilers 🤔

All of those descriptions are inaccurate with this Edmonton team.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
a 0.923 this series, including a 0.971 on 35 SOGs in a closeout game when his team appeared to get outplayed. it was like entire pandemic ago the Jets got that from Hellebuyck. and this is the supposed no-defense, no-goaltending, no-depth Oilers 🤔 :sarcasm:

It's really only jealous fans who still tout that non-sense. This Oilers team can play as good of shutdown hockey as any team out there.

Reactions: Luc Labelle and GNP

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
probably.
hence why i said supposedly & a bit tongue-in-cheek response , b/c those were the common descriptors that i've read on this forum on that team.

Wasn't sure how to take it given your criticism of Hellebuyck in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad