Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Come on Dallas, do something

1717372525845.jpeg

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I heard if you lose to the Oilers in the playoffs you get kicked out of the league...

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Yes, the refs killed 27 straight penalties.
I thought the exaggeration was clear, but that’s on me.

There’s a different, rather egregious, fairly obvious, standard for penalties for and against McDavid.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
A very large contingent of HFB Jets and WPG social media were certain that Maurice was a bad coach. I thought a lot of his decisions about player usage (especially on D) were poor. Obviously, it's not as simple as we often seem to think in terms of coaching assessment. Often it just seems to be about a good match between coaching style and roster, and whether a team is bought in to a coach's approach.

Yep I think Paul was a good coach with the Jets. Yes his D deployment wasn't great but he wasn't working with a lot from 2019-2021. I think both Bones and Paul have shown that the problems with this team are not just coaching.

Yes I ragged on Bones a lot for his deployment of the top 2 lines in the 2nd half of the season, but for most normal teams their star forwards are generally good enough to post decent results in various configurations so the coach's idiosyncrasies about wanting certain guys together don't matter. Barkov or even Sam Bennet can post decent results no matter who they play with. It highlights the issues with the Jets top forwards that they have to be deployed a certain way to get anyway near top line results from them.

The limits of Jets top players result in the Jets having an extremely tight margin within which to operate or things go pear shaped.

Reactions: GNP and snowkiddin

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Pretty easy pick for every Jets fan honestly. Maurice certainly deserves winning a Cup. I could see a scenario where Barkov hands the Cup not to a teammate, but to PoMo. Man wouldn’t that be a moment.

Maybe it's because I'm not actually from Winnipeg but there's not a team I'd like to see lose more than Florida.

Yes, that includes Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad