Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Maybe it's because I'm not actually from Winnipeg but there's not a team I'd like to see lose more than Florida.

Yes, that includes Vegas.

Took me a while to figure out all the double negatives there but why do you dislike them so much?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So the Oilers hang on for a low scoring win. I said I thought Dallas was going to beat them and I was wrong. I assume the Oilers will be a tough out now for Florida but I have zero idea how it’s going to go.

Reactions: roccerfeller

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Of all the things Edmonton was criticized for, their goaltending, is what carries them through

Amazing. Good for them. I’m not a fan of the oilers but I have a lot of good friends and close family friends who are and I’m happy for them

As nice as it would be to see McDavid raise a cup, I cannot stand the idea of Kane raising a cup so I hope Maurice is the one who finally gets his due.

Pretty easy pick for every Jets fan honestly. Maurice certainly deserves winning a Cup. I could see a scenario where Barkov hands the Cup not to a teammate, but to PoMo. Man wouldn’t that be a moment.

Agree - id love to see Mo raise a cup.

Reactions: RabidOne and GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I thought these 2 teams would make it thru, to the Final, but really Dallas could have won that series as well, with the Oilers with 10 SOG.

Now I'm a bit tormented, as to who I want to win ? a Canadian team - yes, but that team being the Oilers - well, I've never the biggest fan of the Oilers, and I'm not now, but it be nice to see the Cup come back to Canada, so if the Oilers win, I'd be somewhat happy.

On the other hand, I'd like to see Maurice win his first Stanley Cup, as he's paid his dues, and is a solid Coach, who deserves to win a big one.

Who do I think will win this series ? it will be a tough grind it out series, and just may go 7 games, but the Panthers have been looking really good lately, getting great Goaltending, and great goal production from their above average players - Bennet - Tkachuk - Reinhart and the others.

Can the Oilers handle the dirty chippy play that Florida likes to execute on opposing teams ?? good question -- I'm not sure who wins this series, but I think either team is very capable.

I'd be happy to see a hard fought, entertaining 7 game series, and whoever wins -- so be it, I'll be happy with either team, but I'd really like to see the Stanley Cup come back to Canada. Oilers can do it, but their up against a very determined, tenacious team. Should be fun.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Coilers win 2-1

Dallas 34-10 shot advantage lol

Now go beat those friggin Panthers.

You fans holding out the 80s sorrow are pathetic.
I guess I'm pathetic, probably more jealous though that a franchise can have not one but 2 of the very best players of all time. Win 4 Stanley Cups with Gretzky and then 1 more without him Edmonton has won it enough , would rather Florida wins .

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I guess I'm pathetic, probably more jealous though that a franchise can have not one but 2 of the very best players of all time. Win 4 Stanley Cups with Gretzky and then 1 more without him Edmonton has won it enough , would rather Florida wins .
So you would be ok if Vancouver was in Coilers place?

Canada needs a hockey champion.

Reactions: angrymnky

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Took me a while to figure out all the double negatives there but why do you dislike them so much?

Tkachuk, Bennett, and Cousins are all disgustingly dirty players. The rest of the team isn't particularly likable either outside of Barkov.

Edmonton has Kane and Perry but really it's not a competition in terms of pure villainy.

Reactions: GNP and hockeyarena

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I don't care who wins this. Maurice gets a cup? Don't care. Canada gets a cup? Don't care. I feel basically the same about both of these teams...don't care. lol. I'd prefer not to see Kane hoisting the cup, but he's not a whole lot worse than kaychook so I don't care.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I enjoy the drought.
It does have its upside. No need to buy potting soil.

Dust-storm-Stratford-Texas-April-1935.jpg

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm torn because I want McDavid to win a Cup for the legacy aspect but I don't want Edmonton to win a Cup. I want Florida to win a Cup because they never have as well.

28 straight penalty kills in the playoffs is how you win Cups and that isn't just goaltending that is a team effort. Add to that they have a 37.3% PP to lead the playoffs and I think Florida is going to be in for a tough run. Any kind of penalty trouble and they are going to have an uphill battle. Edmonton owns special teams and that is enough to win games on it's own.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I'm torn because I want McDavid to win a Cup for the legacy aspect but I don't want Edmonton to win a Cup. I want Florida to win a Cup because they never have as well.

28 straight penalty kills in the playoffs is how you win Cups and that isn't just goaltending that is a team effort. Add to that they have a 37.3% PP to lead the playoffs and I think Florida is going to be in for a tough run. Any kind of penalty trouble and they are going to have an uphill battle. Edmonton owns special teams and that is enough to win games on it's own.
While we don't have a McDrai, perhaps someone should communicate the last point to the Jets brass that a shit PP and a shit PK won't get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad