Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
No problem with Stuart or Kuli. Kane's a bitch ass loser and Mo is a bitch ass quitter. Mo edges him out but I'd still rather see McDavid get a cup.
I don't think I can forgive Kane for playing the racist card while buf was still here... plus Corey perry tips the scales in favour of MO as much as it pains me

I just remember laughing when Stuart automatically got a tnse job but I guess we should have made him assistant coach

Kulikov just proves that 3rd pairing doesn't matter - same as stenlund winning faceoffs on the fourth line...

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
No problem with Stuart or Kuli. Kane's a bitch ass loser and Mo is a bitch ass quitter. Mo edges him out but I'd still rather see McDavid get a cup.
Hate the Oilers , Maurice did quit but i put that more on Chevy or Chipman not letting Maurice go when they should have. I don't cheer for anyone but the Jets so i would say i would like Florida to win because of Maurice and they have never won the Cup before, Edmonton has won 5 that's enough for the rest of time.:laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Paul (and likely Chevy) were painfully aware that key guys on the team had tuned Paul out and had for a while. They were years past needing to make the change and even Paul tried to part ways but our owner loved him so much he would have none of it.

Paul “Dead man walking” Maurice had to fire himself. Any self respecting organization without a loyalty fetish would have mercy killed him. Only in Winnipeg do NHL coaches have to fire themselves or quit (retire).

Exhibit A of why Mark C needs to be nowhere near hockey ops but owners rarely kick themselves upstairs. :laugh:

Last edited:

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Paul (and likely Chevy) were painfully aware that key guys on the team had tuned Paul out and had for a while. They were years past needing to make the change and even Paul tried to part ways but our owner loved him so much he would have none of it.

Paul “Dead man walking” Maurice had to fire himself. Any self respecting organization without a loyalty fetish would have mercy killed him. Only in Winnipeg do NHL coaches have to fire themselves or quit (retire).

Exhibit A of why Mark C needs to be nowhere near hockey ops but owners rarely kick themselves upstairs. :laugh:

So instead of resigning in the offseason, either before or after the 22-23 season, he quit midway through after "letting the players run the room" for years which led to it being the best run room in the league and the envy of other players and media :sarcasm:.

Yay go Maurice :laugh:

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hate the Oilers , Maurice did quit but i put that more on Chevy or Chipman not letting Maurice go when they should have. I don't cheer for anyone but the Jets so i would say i would like Florida to win because of Maurice and they have never won the Cup before, Edmonton has won 5 that's enough for the rest of time.:laugh:

I get it for older Jets fans, but I'm in my 30's so all I remember of the Oilers without watching old videos is Ryan Smith et al.

Reactions: Jets 31

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Think I’d be rooting for Florida because of Luongo and Maurice. But I guess I wouldn’t hate for EDM to break the curse. Not like the Jets were realistically close to winning it this year or likely in the foreseeable future anyways.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I have NO interest in watching hockey in our very short summer. If the Jets were in I'd grudgingly watch. This should all be wrapped up around may long weekend.
so if the jets were in the cup you would grudgingly watch... I mean what's the point in even being a fan then, much less what's the point in coming to forums to post...

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
How about Utah Crashed Saucers? :D
Smith Entertainment Group announced Thursday the choices have been narrowed to Blizzard, Mammoth, Outlaws, Venom, Yeti and Utah Hockey Club, or Utah HC. Those are the options fans have to choose from after the process started with 20 possibilities and led to 520,000 votes.

Reactions: UFO and Jets 31

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
so if the jets were in the cup you would grudgingly watch... I mean what's the point in even being a fan then, much less what's the point in coming to forums to post..
Do I have to be happy with the complete stupidity of a Stanley Cup in summer ? I've got better things to do when it's nice out.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Do I have to be happy with the complete stupidity of a Stanley Cup in summer ? I've got better things to do when it's nice out.
then do other things in the summer time, if the team reaching the cup final is not enough for you to get excited and you feel like it's a chore nobody is forcing you to watch... it's not like they just randomly put the stanley cup final in june, it's the same time every year, you know when it is when the season starts...

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
then do other things in the summer time, if the team reaching the cup final is not enough for you to get excited and you feel like it's a chore nobody is forcing you to watch... it's not like they just randomly put the stanley cup final in june, it's the same time every year, you know when it is when the season starts...
Hockey in June has not been around forever. It used to done in May and in the original 6 days April. I remember campers all trying to listen or watch on may long. They've dragged it out needlessly added too many games also. Like I said May is enough.

There losing ratings by having it so late. They lose a lot of casual viewers up here.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Hockey in June has not been around forever. It used to done in May and in the original 6 days April. I remember campers all trying to listen or watch on may long. They've dragged it out needlessly added too many games also. Like I said May is enough.
nobody is forcing you to watch lol, what's the point in investing 9 months into a team where if they reach the ultimate goal you don't even want to watch? you can not like when the stanley cup is scheduled all you want but if you still can't get excited to watch your team win the the ultimate prize what is the point in even watching to begin with...

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
So instead of resigning in the offseason, either before or after the 22-23 season, he quit midway through after "letting the players run the room" for years which led to it being the best run room in the league and the envy of other players and media :sarcasm:.

Yay go Maurice :laugh:
I think that if people knew the behind the scenes stuff that led to PoMo leaving, they'd have a softer opinion. Mods feel free to PM me about how I know

Reactions: Dale53130

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
nobody is forcing you to watch lol, what's the point in investing 9 months into a team where if they reach the ultimate goal you don't even want to watch? you can not like when the stanley cup is scheduled all you want but if you still can't get excited to watch your team win the the ultimate prize what is the point in even watching to begin with...
I said I'd watch just grudgingly grumbling about its ##$&ING 21c out.

You're gonna lose it when I tell you I refuse to watch shootouts.

I remember watching Mario's goal against the stars they play all the time on a 4 inch tv camping in Riding mountain. Like 8 grown men's huddled around a tiny tv :laugh:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I have NO interest in watching hockey in our very short summer. If the Jets were in I'd grudgingly watch. This should all be wrapped up around may long weekend.
Agreed love to know what viewer share this final will get.

I think that if people knew the behind the scenes stuff that led to PoMo leaving, they'd have a softer opinion. Mods feel free to PM me about how I know
I’m betting that many have some ideas about this.
The dysfunction was well known around the league.

Reactions: Buffdog

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
I had assumed that it had to do with how things were handled in 2020 (wink wink), and he didn't want another round of that. That's why he landed in Florida. Just my speculating.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Utah Blizzard, team tough like soft ice cream!

1717879250897.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad