Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I think having the cap go up post deadline is alright and maybe even giving it another slight increase come playoff time wouldn't be a bad idea. It's pretty likely that won't get fixed until the CBA expires though.
they should keep the cap during the playoffs but increase it more and more throughout so you can still use ltir but you can't pull the vegas special and have a 100 million dollar roster game 1 of the playoffs

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hockey in June has not been around forever. It used to done in May and in the original 6 days April. I remember campers all trying to listen or watch on may long. They've dragged it out needlessly added too many games also. Like I said May is enough.

There losing ratings by having it so late. They lose a lot of casual viewers up here.

Well when you only have 5 other teams to play and playoffs is basically 2 rounds it's pretty easy to clean it up quickly.

In the modern NHL we have 32 teams, half of which make the playoffs. Really no different than any other sport. NBA is still going on as well and that is also part of the problem. Every NHL arena doubles as a major events venue and many are shared with NBA teams which have a much larger fan base and bring in a lot more revenue for the building. So when it comes down to who gets this date the NBA or NHL team? The answer will always be the NBA team because the sport is significantly more popular.

I remember camping at Nutimik in the mid 80s and complaining that they were still playing and it was the May long already.
The playoffs go WAY too long into June.

Like I said above a major part of the problem is scheduling. When you are the small fish among the big 4 and most of these venue also have to fill dates that may otherwise not be occupied it becomes a bit of a challenge. You can't just leave the buildings dates empty in hopes your team makes it to round 3 or 4. The rest is just NBA taking up building and TV time slots.

they should keep the cap during the playoffs but increase it more and more throughout so you can still use ltir but you can't pull the vegas special and have a 100 million dollar roster game 1 of the playoffs

Yeah I don't think it needs to be a massive jump. I like when teams have some flexibility to call up players from the minors and give them a shot at the playoffs. We don't need a tonne of space in order to have that.

Reactions: roccerfeller

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I’d really like to see Maurice get a cup but one has to think the oilers are gonna win it. Mcdavid and Drai go beast mode in most meaningful games of the year

You can see the national media story line from “cup or bust” statements to rough start to making necessary changes to becoming a powerhouse team to working their way through the playoffs and beating the team that beat the defending champs and the prior year defending champs

To get the “beast from the east” and closing it out due to their excellent PK and skilled offence

Boom there ya go tsn and sportsnet.

Reactions: sipowicz

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I’d really like to see Maurice get a cup but one has to think the oilers are gonna win it. Mcdavid and Drai go beast mode in most meaningful games of the year

You can see the national media story line from “cup or bust” statements to rough start to making necessary changes to becoming a powerhouse team to working their way through the playoffs and beating the team that beat the defending champs and the prior year defending champs

To get the “beast from the east” and closing it out due to their excellent PK and skilled offence

Boom there ya go tsn and sportsnet.

Yeah the storyline is a pretty easy one. McDavid gets his Cup and his Smythe cementing his legacy on his way to making the top 4 a top 5.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Bobs playing well but also getting a boat load of luck. Oilers missing wide open nets high and wide. Pucks bouncing to the net just take a funny bounces wide.

Reactions: ps241

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
As I said after the Jets won game one vs the Avs. If the Panther let the Oilers continue to dominate them like they did tonight this isn’t going to end well for them.

Bob was spectacular and lucky. Oilers got goalied.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Bobs playing well but also getting a boat load of luck. Oilers missing wide open nets high and wide. Pucks bouncing to the net just take a funny bounces wide.
And against the Stars it was the opposite ... the pucks hit the posts and in. Puck deflects to an open man ... easy goal ... seeing eye shots.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Along with 4th line legend Stenland …..
As much as I'd like to see a Canadian team win the SC, I can't bring myself to cheer for a team that has a couple of a-hats in Kane and Perry. I'm in on the Jets "connection" in Florida....Kulikov, who was under-appreciated during his time in Winnipeg (a pretty solid 3 pairing guy in Florida), Stenlund (another solid 4th liner and very good PKer), and Maurice (I didn't like his player deployment with the Jets but he seems like a decent guy).

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
And against the Stars it was the opposite ... the pucks hit the posts and in. Puck deflects to an open man ... easy goal ... seeing eye shots.

Yeah Florida definitely had the PDO rocking on their side tonight.

We'll see if that continues for the rest of the series. Bob can certainly stand on his head but can he whether that storm for 3 more wins? Oilers shut down Florida on the man advantage but got shut down themselves. I don't think that will continue for the rest of the series.

Florida played horribly but managed to get 2 goals on some bad defensive blunders. Some may say well that was the Oilers against the Stars but the Oilers never played that bad. They just got leads early and then sat back and Skinner was never really truly in trouble. Bob made 3 pretty insane saves before the Cats even got their first goal. Could have easily been 3-0 before the Cats got on the board. If they keep playing like that the series could change gears real fast.

Reactions: ps241

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Lol keep waiting then it's going to be a long time for you to find some happiness in hockey apparently
NOT AT ALL because I am a fan of other teams. I liked the Nordiques and Avalache because Forsberg/ Sakic were two of my favourite players. Hating Detroit, the Avalanche became my team and I still like them to this day.

I always loved Khabibulin so when he became a member of the Lightning I became a fan of those St.Louis, Richards, Lecavalier teams and am still a Lightning fan to date.

So I have enjoyed plenty of hockey happiness in my lifetime. Nice try though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad