Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It was devastating but it was a clean hit. I don't think many players like it when they hurt someone like that.

Theres a fine line between inflicting a little pain and psychological warfare and really injuring someone - I don't think many players relish the thought of the second.

There does seem to be a few, but yeah, I doubt many players take pleasure in it.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
People have to give up on missing Buff. If he hadn't retired prematurely, he would be long gone by now anyway.

We need to build a D corps without him and Trouba. We don't appear to have even started that process.

I love DeMelo but, realistically, he is a 3RD on a good team. VG defensively, but no offense to speak of at all. We have him and Morrissey. The rest are not all that good and some of them are downright bad. The prospects we have been counting on have not been able to establish themselves even on the 3rd pair.

Buff and Trouba are gone. We need to get over it and build.

I think actually giving the prospects a fair shot in the regular season is the first step. Heinola needs to be on this team and playing regularly for us to really guage where he's at. The problem is he's not a defensive wizard and never will be so expected him to be able to anchor a pairing and play stalwart defence is a folly. He's an on offensive minded defencemen through and through. Play him with a decent anchor and give him PP time and he will shine. Expect him to become a two-way #1 beast and you'll be dissapointed. Samberg is likely going to be given the oppourtunitiy to snag Stanley's spot.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I have a feeling Klingberg ends up in an Oilers jersey by the trade deadline.

They have 0 space and being deep into LTIR they can't accumulate it through the season. Some other moves would be required to make a little room.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think actually giving the prospects a fair shot in the regular season is the first step. Heinola needs to be on this team and playing regularly for us to really guage where he's at. The problem is he's not a defensive wizard and never will be so expected him to be able to anchor a pairing and play stalwart defence is a folly. He's an on offensive minded defencemen through and through. Play him with a decent anchor and give him PP time and he will shine. Expect him to become a two-way #1 beast and you'll be dissapointed. Samberg is likely going to be given the oppourtunitiy to snag Stanley's spot.

Agreed, Heinola is more Girard then Morrissey. Play him with a Dillion and let him do his thing.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

We'll see about Samberg.
I agree about Ville. But where and how do you fit him into the Jets? I've always had difficulty finding a fit and have thought he should have been traded before he had too much opportunity to display his deficiencies.

Maybe Ville and Snerg can make up a good 3rd pair. Who gets moved among DD, Pionk and Schmidt to make room? And how?

Will tinkering with our 3rd pair turn our mediocre at best D corps into an above avg group?

Reactions: Stumbledore

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
They're really going with Craig Anderson and Eric Comrie as their rotation in Buffalo. Ok then.

stupid-is-as-stupid-does-gif-1.gif

Reactions: Inanna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad