Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Trouba requesting a trade makes absolute sense after watching this. Take back the hate I had for him at the time
this was basically what was being said around the last couple years of his tenure here, so i think it's kind of nice to see it come to fruition for him. i dont think he ever hated WPG tbh.

iirc his wife is an australian born american, and (at least at the time) there were so many hurdles for her to do her education here.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
this was basically what was being said around the last couple years of his tenure here, so i think it's kind of nice to see it come to fruition for him. i dont think he ever hated WPG tbh.

iirc his wife is an australian born american, and (at least at the time) there were so many hurdles for her to do her education here.

Yup he made the decision based on his family. I respect that, he also played hard for us here.

The only thing I didn't like was when his agent tried to strong arm a move with the hold out and public trade demand with the bogus reasons for it.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Interesting list. Jets have 4 players in the top 50, 5 total.
I'm a bit surprised by the ordering of a couple of the the Jets prospects. Perfetti at # 9 seems about right, but Lambert at #24 is a huge jump for a kid just drafted at #30. McGoarty and Lucius at #44 and 45 seem about right. Heinola at #67 seems low to me.

Reactions: surixon

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The '17-'18 season run was magical, his 44 goals were exciting af.
yup. and our PP efficiency with laine from 17-18 and 18-19 was elite. i bet if he was pp1 for all of his rookie year wed have made the POs too,

that 17-18 season as a 19 year old was the best goal-scoring per TOI/night from what i can find ever. believe he's the only player in history to hit 40+ goals in under 16.5 mins a night.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Edmonton appears to be all power play and nothing else

Man, where would they be if they hadn’t lucked into McDavid. In the Bedard sweepstakes?

It’s embarrassing they haven’t been able to built a decent team around him in all these years.

Can't help but wonder what they could get in return for McD. They could still have Drai, RNH, Holloway, McLeod down the middle plus a possible C in the return. Most teams would need to send a lot of cap back to fit his contract, so it might not be possible to get real value for him. But I still have to think about it.

What team could give up the kind of Dmen they would need to get back?

Sure wish we had Laine, Roslovic & Trouba instead of PLD, Pionk and some scraps.

:laugh: I don't even want to go there.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Can't help but wonder what they could get in return for McD. They could still have Drai, RNH, Holloway, McLeod down the middle plus a possible C in the return. Most teams would need to send a lot of cap back to fit his contract, so it might not be possible to get real value for him. But I still have to think about it.

What team could give up the kind of Dmen they would need to get back?

:laugh: I don't even want to go there.

I have a feeling Klingberg ends up in an Oilers jersey by the trade deadline.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I Always really liked Trouba on our team but he’s not a #1 and he got overpaid to be one. I would still prefer JT and Morrissey together but he got paid at the time to be a #1 and he’s more of a 2-3. Adam Fox is easily their top RHD man and Trouba in a great spot on their 2nd pairing. Buff is what we are really missing.

People have to give up on missing Buff. If he hadn't retired prematurely, he would be long gone by now anyway.

We need to build a D corps without him and Trouba. We don't appear to have even started that process.

I love DeMelo but, realistically, he is a 3RD on a good team. VG defensively, but no offense to speak of at all. We have him and Morrissey. The rest are not all that good and some of them are downright bad. The prospects we have been counting on have not been able to establish themselves even on the 3rd pair.

Buff and Trouba are gone. We need to get over it and build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad