Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I like a redemption story as much as anyone, but this Miller kid sure doesn't seem like one at this point. Not reaching out to the family to personally apologize to the kid he abused. Become involved with special needs organizations to some extent as well. I can't help but think that in private he and his family hold resentment towards the disabled kid for holding him back from the NHL and the wealthy lifestyle it entails, rather than contrition.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
2 take aways from
Boston vs Toronto
Nylander I believe is underrated
Giordano reminds me of Mr. Bean

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Interesting that the Panthers board already has a Paul Maurice Pitchfork Thread. Interesting to watch from afar.. I would recommend NOT posting there.

But Florida sure does look mediocre a dozen games into the season. They have had some big lineup changes so can't necessarily say it's just coaching. But I'm sure glad PMo isn't our problem anymore.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Interesting that the Panthers board already has a Paul Maurice Pitchfork Thread. Interesting to watch from afar.. I would recommend NOT posting there.

But Florida sure does look mediocre a dozen games into the season. They have had some big lineup changes so can't necessarily say it's just coaching. But I'm sure glad PMo isn't our problem anymore.

giphy.gif

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I thought Ottawa was going to take a step forward this year but they are still in the basement.
They could still turn it around, but I look at Ottawa as a precautionary tale for anyone who advocates for a hard tank/blow it up approach to a rebuild. Even if you procure the right talent, there's a loser mentality/culture that needs to be changed somehow. Saw it in Edmonton for years

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
They could still turn it around, but I look at Ottawa as a precautionary tale for anyone who advocates for a hard tank/blow it up approach to a rebuild. Even if you procure the right talent, there's a loser mentality/culture that needs to be changed somehow. Saw it in Edmonton for years
I feel like Ottawa is going to turn it around and be in the fight at least for a playoff spot. They are still very young and you see growing pains with groups like this. They have a bunch of very nice pieces on that team.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well then you shouldn't make claims that he's a steady 3rd pair guy cause that is something he is not.

Yeah, right, based on one game.

Remember, he is a rookie, not a finished product.

We'll see how it turns out.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I feel like Ottawa is going to turn it around and be in the fight at least for a playoff spot. They are still very young and you see growing pains with groups like this. They have a bunch of very nice pieces on that team.

Ottawa is primed for positive regression.

They're scoring league average, are generating above average, and are getting average goaltending. They're exactly where they are expected to be, but their team D isn't very good. They're also the lowest team with a neutral goal differential. Check their cohorts.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Kovacevic - 25 years old, 15 NHL games, finished product, likely as good as he was in his one game vs the Jets, ignore the other games.

Capobianco - 25 years old, 60 NHL games, not a finished product, likely as good as his one NHL game with the Jets, ignore the other games.

🤔

Both just depth guys, neither as good or as bad as their one game sample sizes people seem fixated on for obvious reasons :laugh:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Capo and Kovacevic are both no more or less than what they are going to be at this point. Expecting them to take giant leaps forward in NHL playing ability is very unlikely. I'm done caring about them, but I still care about the value they represent. For all intents and purposes, the Jets traded an RHD for an LHD and stuck the loser in the press box.

Meanwhile, Matthew Tkachuk is getting a hearing for high sticking on Quick. I just saw the replay. That is some sneaky, dirty shit. Makes you wonder if him crushing Scheifele's achilles tendon was a bit more deliberate than he made it seem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad