Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread VI

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
We are 3-2. Without Captain missing most of training camp coming off three major surgeries
Poitras Missed most of camp
Along with Lindholm and Jones
And of course Jeremy it's going to take time for those guys to catch up the speed also with so many new guys to get the right chemistry keep winning two out of three each week and we will be fine see where you are at the deadline what the team needs and make hard decisions then right now it's way too early

Reactions: Gordoff

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
We are 3-2. Without Captain missing most of training camp coming off three major surgeries
Poitras Missed most of camp
Along with Lindholm and Jones
And of course Jeremy it's going to take time for those guys to catch up the speed also with so many new guys to get the right chemistry keep winning two out of three each week and we will be fine see where you are at the deadline what the team needs and make hard decisions then right now it's way too early
3-2, with 2 losses to the defending champions.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Am I the only one who thought Geekie and Frederic had good chemistry on line 3 last year?
No I agree. Frederic and Coyle also have great chemistry.

Frederic-Coyle-Geekie. But then its whose playing with Marchand (and Poitras)?

They're going to roll with Marchand-Coyle-Frederic for now but IMO its not ideal.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If the lines continue to struggle a bit, maybe they could convince Vancouver to bite on a Geekie for Heinen deal. We could really use Heinen back

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
3-2, with 2 losses to the defending champions.
Means absolutely nothing right now if you recall we beat them all four regular season meetings last year and then they beat us in the playoffs it's all about gathering enough points put yourself in the playoff position staying healthy and playing your best hockey going into the playoffs

They're going to roll with Marchand-Coyle-Frederic for now but IMO its not ideal.
Johnson

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Am I the only one who thought Geekie and Frederic had good chemistry on line 3 last year?
They did, and Poitras and Geekie also had good chemistry when they played early in the season together. I think the best case scenario is that at some point this season they're able to run a Frederic-Poitras-Geekie third line.

Whether that comes after a Lysell promotion or after a deadline acquisition, idk.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Means absolutely nothing right now if you recall we beat them all four regular season meetings last year and then they beat us in the playoffs it's all about gathering enough points put yourself in the playoff position staying healthy and playing your best hockey going into the playoffs

Johnson

It means the Bruins aren't really as bad off as many here make it out to be.

There only losses have come against the defending champions.

The 3 worst plus/minus players on the team currently.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
If the lines continue to struggle a bit, maybe they could convince Vancouver to bite on a Geekie for Heinen deal. We could really use Heinen back
I will ride it out with Geekie, he will be fine, Heinen, is not doing anything out in Vancouver, and his history is not productive year after a good year.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It means the Bruins aren't really as bad off as many here make it out to be.

There only losses have come against the defending champions.

The 3 worst plus/minus players on the team currently.

And their wins have come against teams that have combined to go 4-8-2 to start the year.

Montreal was playing the 2nd game of a back to back, and with 4 minutes left it was a 1 goal game.
LA game saw the team score 1 goal and need OT to pick up the win
Colorado had an absolute sieve in net whose statistically the worst goalie so far this season and that was a 1 goal game before the Beecher ENG.

The Bruins haven't been terrible, but they haven't been good to start the season either. If their defense can tighten up they'll be fine, but I'd like to see the offense do more to generate opportunities in the high danger area.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

KurtDangle

Jul 22, 2019
I remember some speculation last season when Anaheim was shipping Zegras that Bruins were intrested. How would everyone here like Zegras as our 2C? He would push Coyle back to being 3C where he has shined before.

Zacha - Lindholm - Pasta
Marchand - Zegras - Brazeau
Freddy - Coyle - Poitras
4th line

Geekie would have to be one piece traded to make salaries work. Yes i know Zegras has been a whiny b*tch, but the talent is obvious. Maybe Marchand could be someone to mentor him. 😅

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
And their wins have come against teams that have combined to go 4-8-2 to start the year.

Montreal was playing the 2nd game of a back to back, and with 4 minutes left it was a 1 goal game.
LA game saw the team score 1 goal and need OT to pick up the win
Colorado had an absolute sieve in net whose statistically the worst goalie so far this season and that was a 1 goal game before the Beecher ENG.

The Bruins haven't been terrible, but they haven't been good to start the season either. If their defense can tighten up they'll be fine, but I'd like to see the offense do more to generate opportunities in the high danger area.

Bruins are averaging 4 goals a game. That should be good enough.

Agree, team defense has been bad.

I remember some speculation last season when Anaheim was shipping Zegras that Bruins were intrested. How would everyone here like Zegras as our 2C? He would push Coyle back to being 3C where he has shined before.

Zacha - Lindholm - Pasta
Marchand - Zegras - Brazeau
Freddy - Coyle - Poitras
4th line

Geekie would have to be one piece traded to make salaries work. Yes i know Zegras has been a whiny b*tch, but the talent is obvious. Maybe Marchand could be someone to mentor him. 😅

What are the other pieces?

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
Bruins are averaging 4 goals a game. That should be good enough.

Agree, team defense has been bad.

What are the other pieces?
This isn't PlayStation. Zegras would cost allot top 6 forward or dman plus multiple picks not to mention a lot of money

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Offense has actually been fine, but with a caveat. The fourth line is acting like a first/second line in that span. Will it remain like that, probably not, but hopefully gives time for the top 6 to get going. Hopefully the PP is figured out too.

Defense though has been hit and miss. PK is doing well. 5 on 5 too many odd man rushes for my liking, so some work there. Overall not a terrible start. It’s just FL knows how to beat the Bruins and they are in their head

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Your opinion
What would the point be?
To make the 3rd better and weaken the fourth?
Why break it up....it's the best line on the team right now...
Just because it's the "fourth" line it is sill one of the most productive lines in the NHL so far
You don't break that up because someone else is unproductive
And goals from the fourth count the same as goals from any other line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad