Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Come on man.

My "expected hook ups with supermodels" (xHSM) is really high for the past few years. At any point here I'm due for an epic month.
I mean how do you know who's measuring your lil buffdog and how many others they've seen? Maybe 5" is big to them 🤣

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
The guys a great playwr but is dirty as all f***. I don't know why he has to result to this crap. Glad he got a couple of games.
2 games is nothing but laughable.
10 games would mean something.
He is a very good player it’s puzzling why he resorted to this dick move.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
See that the Wings don’t do something stupid like sticking Copp out in OT!

Nice 3-2 win by Wings over Rangers

None

Feb 22, 2012

Sounds like there was some weird astroturfing going on today too.

The agency that signed Miller put out a press release listing a bunch of non-profits that he's volunteered for and one was proven to be court ordered community service and another said that they haven't actually worked with him but were approached.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Sounds like there was some weird astroturfing going on today too.

The agency that signed Miller put out a press release listing a bunch of non-profits that he's volunteered for and one was proven to be court ordered community service and another said that they haven't actually worked with him but were approached.

Either Mitchell Miller's family is completely whitewashing and minimizing what he did, nobody's fact checking them, or they didn't care. The truth is somewhere in there.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Either Mitchell Miller's family is completely whitewashing and minimizing what he did, nobody's fact checking them, or they didn't care. The truth is somewhere in there.

I mean either way it's the responsibility of the Bruins and his agency to actually do their due diligence. The agent's press release today said they did months of research :laugh:
The Bruins management and public statements kept referring to it as if it was a single incident as well so either they didn't do a background check or they're incompetent.

As an aside Elliotte Friedman is a hack of a reporter for trying to rationalize the Bruins' decision the entire time.

Here's someone pointing out the weird astroturfing I mentioned:

You can see in how consistent the messaging is, they're trying to discredit the victim and questioning whether he's disabled or not.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Definitely easy to see why Florida looks pretty good under Moe so far. They have a very big and quick forward core that likes to play with grit. Still I'm seeing similar static play on special teams.

Reactions: LowLefty

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
They could still turn it around, but I look at Ottawa as a precautionary tale for anyone who advocates for a hard tank/blow it up approach to a rebuild. Even if you procure the right talent, there's a loser mentality/culture that needs to be changed somehow. Saw it in Edmonton for years

That is a big part of the risk.
But it can also be that they still need to mature as a team.

He's essentially a finished product - the odds of a 25 year old taking big steps is very low.

I don't expect any big steps. Just fewer rookie mistakes and a little more confidence.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Missing Norris, no?

You could see, even early in the 2nd, that they were trying to sit on the lead. That's the wrong mindset.

Injuries are a part of the game. They're a hard team to figure out.

Florida is playing good hockey but they had a pretty darn soft schedule to start the year in terms of who they have faced and failed to really bank a lot of points. That may come back to haunt them later in the year.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Panthers are underperforming under Maurice and are a tire fire in their own end. The Paul Maurice Pitchforks thread has already been opened.

I'm not sure that's entirely Maurice’s fault. Their goaltending has been bad. They traded away their top scorer, though Tkachuk does have 18 points.

And eeesh look at their 6 defencemen last night against the Ducks: Radko Gudas, Mark Staal, Brandon Montour and some no names. And they still won the game.

I haven't watched any Panthers games so I don't know just how much impact Maurice has had on that team but management did not put him in a position to succeed this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad