Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

NJ @ 3! Wpg@5! Sea@8! TB@10!
It's like I'm living in some Bizarro world
There seems to be a bit of a different approach to power rankings, where history has less of an influence then the last week. Realistically probably somewhere in the middle to give a little more balance is the true ranking.

Was it ever confirmed the Jets had interest in Ristolainen or were they just random rumors?

Either way bullet successfully dodged.:laugh:

At least thank God, that any rumours about Torts being considered for Winnipeg didn't pan out. I couldn't imagine a worse coach to bring a splintered group together. Bones is an exponentially better hire then Torts.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
There seems to be a bit of a different approach to power rankings, where history has less of an influence then the last week. Realistically probably somewhere in the middle to give a little more balance is the true ranking.

At least thank God, that any rumours about Torts being considered for Winnipeg didn't pan out. I couldn't imagine a worse coach to bring a splintered group together. Bones is an exponentially better hire then Torts.
Have you ever watched Risto play?
I'd rather have Poolman.

If PLD doesn't want to resign this is where I would be thinking of trading him.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Have you ever watched Risto play?
I'd rather have Poolman.

If PLD doesn't want to resign this is where I would be thinking of trading him.
Not my point. Calling out players in public quickly leads to dissension and it would have been the exact opposite to what was needed to bring the Jets together. Bones is preaching we are all in this together and we all need to buy in which this team needed.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Not my point. Calling out players in public quickly leads to dissension and it would have been the exact opposite to what was needed to bring the Jets together. Bones is preaching we are all in this together and we all need to buy in which this team needed.
Cause Bones' reference to "55 second shifts" wasn't in any way calling out a specific individual, right? :laugh:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

George Carlin once described his love of chaos as wanting to see a flaming meteor crash into a hospital just so he could see half-naked people in gowns running out punching themselves in the head trying to put the fire out.

I suspect this is about what it would be like cheering for a Torts-led team. No thanks.

Cause Bones' reference to "55 second shifts" wasn't in any way calling out a specific individual, right? :laugh:

Eh, this one's close enough to possibly be a coincidence. Years of Beyak at PBP have numbed us to the fact that most normal people like round numbers :P

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well it definitely looks like Barzal bow has the green light to do whatever he wants with the puck for the Islanders. Some of those moves he's pulled and where on the ice he's pulled them would have given Trotz a heart attack. They have all worked and created numerous grade A chances for the Islanders to boot. He very well may have been held back a bit under Trotz.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Just noticed the two Detroit players signed the longest are Copp and Chiarot :laugh:

While that is true, it's more nuanced. Both Copp and Chiarot were signed this off season so they will have longer contracts than guys that were signed in the past. They are a younger team that has their most promising players coming off ELC's or 2nd contract's. I would assume Larkin, Raymond, Hronek, Seider and whoever else they choose to keep will have longer contracts in a year or two.

Signing Copp and Chiarot to those specific contracts is another question in and of itself. Copp, is more palatable as he's a solid player, but Chiarot....ehhh, not so sure about that one, but Detroit doesn't really have to worry about Cap issues for a couple of years so what the hell.
pKyC4op.png

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
$5.6 per for 1 goal, 4th line Copp, has Stevie lost his brain!?
I don't how to read Detroit as a team. Their Corsi stats are the absolute shits, but then you look at their PK and they are tied for 8th in the league (we're 6th), and Copp and Chiarot are a big part of that. Their PP is right behind ours too at 18th in the league. Perron and Kubalik, two more new additions, having an impact there. The best thing Stevie Y did this offseason was sign Ville Husso, who is having a helluva start, .941 SV% and 1.86 GAA. Detroit is currently 2nd in the Atlantic, with Bertuzzi and Fabbri out with injury, and Vrana in rehab, so I think he's on the right track. Copp's just another guy in a long line of players who cashed out on a good contract year. He's tracking for 40 points, slightly behind Adam Lowry's pace.

Reactions: sipowicz

scarbrow

Nov 3, 2016
Any rumblings (I'm hearing but looking for confirmation) on why Bettmen and Daly are in town?

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
It's too early in the season for any team's fan base to be in full on panic mode, or already celebrating the cup. The one exception may be the Blue Jackets LOL! Anyway, let's at least wait for the 20 game mark for that.

For us Jets fans, the TSN rankings putting the Jets at #5 league wide has too many folks in Winnipeg way too far out over their skis. Helle has to come back down from his otherworldliness eventually.

I will be happy to be wrong about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad