Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah, apparently there's a nice rink in Glendale with no tenants!

The Sun-Gro Arena in Beausejour seats over 2,000 and if that's the standard I'M JUST SAYING...

Scary incident with E Kane, skate cut to his wrist, taken to hospital!

I am glad to hear the news that he will apparently rebound with his full health and safety; that makes it much easier to lament that one of the truly worst human beings in the NHL gets a, what.. 5th chance?

I guess he can count his lucky stars that, much like mandatory helmets, the new standards of player conduct will be grandfathered in.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Jesus the Canucks look bad. Defense is atrocious. What's the first move they make to try to fix that team? There's a lot of bad contracts there. Firing Boudreau woud mean paying 3 coaches for this season.
Trade a big player.

Just looked at the stats and the Jets have the lowest goals against in the League.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Wonder if you could pitch a Bo Horvat trade as a 'hey you're in the Bedard sweepstakes anyway' kind of thing...

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Wonder if you could pitch a Bo Horvat trade as a 'hey you're in the Bedard sweepstakes anyway' kind of thing...
Can't imagine the package we would have to prepare for that. Probably at least our 1st and one of our young defensemen, and maybe more?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Can't imagine the package we would have to prepare for that. Probably at least our 1st and one of our young defensemen, and maybe more?
yes. a player like horvat would go for that at the tdl quite easily. id only trade for horvat if it comes with extension and PLD refuses to extend long-term.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
yes. a player like horvat would go for that at the tdl quite easily. id only trade for horvat if it comes with extension and PLD refuses to extend long-term.

Hmm, maybe a trade involving PLD+(+?) for an extended Horvat? Vancouver could then flip PLD for even more assets.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Hmm, maybe a trade involving PLD+(+?) for an extended Horvat? Vancouver could then flip PLD for even more assets.
i wouldnt do that
id keep horvat, pld for the PO run and then deal w/ PLD after (again assuming if he doesnt re-sign). for VAN POV unless the + is significant/enticing what's the point?

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Bro's on waivers. Do we grab him?

I would not. The Jets are banking a lot of capspace at the moment and it gives them flexibility at the deadline to make moves (or other trades pre-deadline to acquire a forward). With LB on the roster all of that flexibility is gone & they'll barely have space to add a league minimum player.

Salminen is looking pretty good with the Moose and could be a viable option so the Jets aren't up shit creek without a paddle in case Big Save Dave shits the bed.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I was doing my scan of "how previous Jets players are doing around the league" and this stood out.

Roslovic rocking a ~37% Corsi and ~37% xGoals. Haven't followed the CBJ much so don't know what role he is in but that's ugly.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I was doing my scan of "how previous Jets players are doing around the league" and this stood out.

Roslovic rocking a ~37% Corsi and ~37% xGoals. Haven't followed the CBJ much so don't know what role he is in but that's ugly.
2nd line centre... too much to ask for

Jets HF
Laine
Maurice
Roslovic
Stalking mofos
Who gives AF?
:laugh::laugh:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Holy...

Calgary facing an 8 game losing streak for the game vs the Jets.

Meltdown happening in Edmonton.

Vancouver is a disaster

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
For me that's the only thing that would make sense. I don't think Bro provides more value than the disparity between he and Rittichs contract.

No way the Jets do it anyway, they aren't cut throat like Vegas
Bro would be interesting for sure.
Vegas has been more successful in comparison to Jets since entering the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad