Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hate Vegas and would love to see the cheaters get this close just to have it snatched away again. Even though Florida has beaten most of the top teams in the East I still give Vegas the edge. I think Butch Cassidy is the best coach in the series. As long as Bob doesn't go MAF from 2018 (stood on his head in the semi's and shat his loons in the final v Washington) Florida will have a shot.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Ok pet peeve time for me . Maybe an unpopular opinion Here . But I'm sick and tired of people complaining about who's in the final. It happens every time there isn't a sexy" match up. One of the things I usually bring up with people who don't like sports ( and lets say they prefer movies) is its unpredictability and endless outcomes.

If only the "best/big market, teams with allot of stars won, it would take the fun out of it for me. Might as well have a league with 16 teams then.

NEWSFLASH. Teams that win hockey games are the ones that move on. There is no style points. It's not figure skating. It's not deal-a-meal.

Why are people so hung up on what the league "wants" ?. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy seeing star players and exciting brands of hockey. But at the end of the day, whether it's skill, luck, heart , goaltending, consistency, the goal is to score more goals and win games.

Embarrassing for the league? Ok let's fix it so only the teams thst will garner the best rating wins. Sports are not tv shows or movies.

But hey maybe expecting teams that actually win the games to be successful is a bad take. . Let's a have a think tank and decide what's considered most exciting and have teams that really "deserve" to win be the winners. I'm sorry but no.

End of rant

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok pet peeve time for me . Maybe an unpopular opinion Here . But I'm sick and tired of people complaining about who's in the final. It happens every time there isn't a sexy" match up. One of the things I usually bring up with people who don't like sports ( and lets say they prefer movies) is its unpredictability and endless outcomes.

If only the "best/big market, teams with allot of stars won, it would take the fun out of it for me. Might as well have a league with 16 teams then.

NEWSFLASH. Teams that win hockey games are the ones that move on. There is no style points. It's not figure skating. It's not deal-a-meal.

Why are people so hung up on what the league "wants" ?. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy seeing star players and exciting brands of hockey. But at the end of the day, whether it's skill, luck, heart , goaltending, consistency, the goal is to score more goals and win games.

Embarrassing for the league? Ok let's fix it so only the teams thst will garner the best rating wins. Sports are not tv shows or movies.

But hey maybe expecting teams that actually win the games to be successful is a bad take. . Let's a have a think tank and decide what's considered most exciting and have teams that really "deserve" to win be the winners. I'm sorry but no.

End of rant

Both teams heading into this final have been playing great hockey. I see know reason why this won't be an excellent final. I have my heel and baby face identified so I am good to go.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

End of rant

I just hate both orgs but Vegas has played darn good hockey all playoffs. Had they not iced a roster $14 million over the cap I'd be more onboaed with them winning.

Florida to me has played well but they have largely gotten by due to Bob playing out of his mind.

I think Vegas steam rolls them truth be told.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

End of rant
I just think Florida and Vegas aren’t exactly popular markets in Winnipeg, which is probably why this isn’t the most desirable Cup final here that there ever was. I’m not disputing either team deserves to be here.

As for the “no legit Cup winner in six years” thing that I posted earlier, that was just bait that I used to troll Lightning fans with a couple of years back that I want to see live on.

Reactions: Fairview

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Hoping Mo gets his cup
Rooting for the underdogs in this one. (Or is it undercats?)

Vegas has some great manitobans on the team as well. Whitecloud is a class act.

Vegas seems to have the upper hand as a team but Florida took down some excellent teams

I'm just happy the final isn't oilers vs leafs like the media hype train was drumming up

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Another report by Chris Johnston saying that Matthews absolutely wants to stay in Toronto.

I think Matthews is going to try to take the Leafs to absolute cleaners with his new contract this summer and him talking about how much he wants to stay his putting pressure on the Leafs management to give him the deal he wants.

I think he is going to demand a $13-14 million per year on a 3 year deal to make sure he can sign another 8 year contract at 29 in his prime with an increased cap and in a world where McDavid and Draisaitl have new contracts north of 15 million setting new benchmarks for player pay. I very much doubt he's going to give them term.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
On the Leafs GM search, will anything really change? If rumours are true then any trade will still need Shanahan’s stamp of approval. Unless that only applied to Dubas because it was reported that Shanahan nixed at least a couple trades Dubas had worked out.

All in all I don’t see Treliving as some ace GM so if he can eff that team it would be delightful.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Florida - 29 seasons , 9 playoff appearances, 2 Cup finals
Vegas - 6 seasons, 5 playoff appearances, 2 Cup finals

Franchises still waiting to make the finals

Columbus - 22 seasons, 6 playoffs
Minnesota - 22 seasons, 13 playoffs
Seattle - 2 seasons, 1 playoff
Winnipeg - 12 seasons, 6 playoffs ( including Atlanta - 23 seasons, 7 playoffs )
Arizona - 26 seasons, 9 playoffs ( Including Winnipeg - 43 seasons, 20 playoffs )

City that is waiting the longest to make the finals :cry:

Winnipeg - 29 seasons, 17 playoffs

Last edited:

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
So what do you guys think of Trevling as a GM? I think he is pretty awful. Bungled Tkachuk when he could have had him on a nice long term deal earlier then traded him for 2 players and signed one of them to a massive long term deal that will haunt them forever. Gave Kadri gobs of money as well. Gave Mangiapane a short team deal to UFA. Left them a lot of issues to resolve with Backlund,Lindstrom,Hanifin,Toffli and Tanev as UFAs in 1 year.

I think he had a couple of really good draft years in 2015/16 and not a lot to show for it after.

Be interesting to see what he does in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad