Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Well he could be there for Robertson too, who knows, but there's a bit of a hole on their RD. So that's why the connection makes sense.
I dont like to make those connections anymore. It is more likely Robertson due to the brothers. We trade him to Dallas for a 2nd rounder, Dallas gets a 20 plus goal guy. Berube wants Grebs in by half season.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I dont like to make those connections anymore. It is more likely Robertson due to the brothers. We trade him to Dallas for a 2nd rounder, Dallas gets a 20 plus goal guy. Berube wants Grebs in by half season.
Dallas can ask but unless it’s an overpay, moving Robertson is not in our best interests.

Potential 20-30 goal scorer for under $1 million, when we have cap issues and Jarnkrok and Kampf accounting for $4.5 million?

Makes no sense from Toronto’s perspective.

Dallas needs to pony up a lot more, or make a bigger trade for it to benefit us. As it stands, we will just keep Robertson.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buds17 and rumman

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
He's playing 2LW with Cooley and Guenther.

I would think Utah would offer a 3rd round pick or so for Liljegren, and that the big win for Toronto here is clearing the $3M cap space. Bank it until the deadline and do something more creative with that money.

They're not banking any cap space while using LTIR.

Moving Liljegren isn't for cap space for a theoretical future move, it's so they can activate Jarnkrok/Hakanpaa/Dewar. Right now they don't have any cap space or roster spots to activate any of them. Even if a guy like Dewar is healthy they would be slow playing it while they figure out their next move. They can waive Myers if Hakanpaa is back but don't really have anyone else to send down.

Realistically multiple people have to be traded if they have interest in bringing all three injured guys onto the team. I'm definitely fine with trading Jarnkrok tho. And the more I think about it, trading Patches before his bonuses kick in for next years cap will probably end up being the best play though I sort of doubt they go that route. Trading someone like Robertson to keep Patches is ridiculously bad asset management on a team that needs youth.

Reactions: Kurtz

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Dallas can ask but unless it’s an overpay, moving Robertson is not in our best interests.

Potential 20-30 goal scorer for under $1 million, when we have cap issues and Jarnkrok and Kampf accounting for $4.5 million?

Makes no sense from Toronto’s perspective.

Dallas needs to pony up a lot more, or make a bigger trade for it to benefit us. As it stands, we will just keep Robertson.
Wrong. Toronto has no intention of ponying up. Berube likes Grebs for playoffs . Robertson gained no favours.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Wrong. Toronto has no intention of ponying up. Berube likes Grebs for playoffs . Robertson gained no favours.
Berube’s public comments tell a different story, he’s shown nothing but praise for Robertson thus far, Grebs needs seasoning in the AHL, lots of seasoning before he’s remotely ready for the NHL………

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Must say it is funny considering all the slander towards Lilly, a good organization in Dallas is rumored to be interested in him.

I'm surprised they're not interested in Robertson. I bet he would do well with his brother.

After there top 3 dman there is a big drop off
Drumba Lybushkin

Most teams have 3 or 4 really good dman p

Time for Lyb 3.0. :sarcasm:

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
They're not banking any cap space while using LTIR.

Moving Liljegren isn't for cap space for a theoretical future move, it's so they can activate Jarnkrok/Hakanpaa/Dewar. Right now they don't have any cap space or roster spots to activate any of them. Even if a guy like Dewar is healthy they would be slow playing it while they figure out their next move. They can waive Myers if Hakanpaa is back but don't really have anyone else to send down.

Realistically multiple people have to be traded if they have interest in bringing all three injured guys onto the team. I'm definitely fine with trading Jarnkrok tho. And the more I think about it, trading Patches before his bonuses kick in for next years cap will probably end up being the best play though I sort of doubt they go that route. Trading someone like Robertson to keep Patches is ridiculously bad asset management on a team that needs youth.

Interesting. Are any of these three close to returning? If so, I would think that heightens the urgency of moving out Liljegren.

Reactions: rumman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad