Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
IMG_4109.gif

Cap circumvention (I know it’s technically not, but it’s still bullshit) F—k Vegas.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Crap. Now no matter what happens in the final we will have an asterisk champion for an unprecedented sixth year in a row.

Pretty sad to not have had a legitimate Cup winner since 2017. Not a good look for the league. :(

Last edited:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Crap. Now no matter what happens in the final we will have an asterisk champion for an unprecedented sixth year in a row.

Pretty sad to not have had a legitimate Cup winner since 2017. Not a good look for the league. :(

I haven't watched a NHL playoff game since mid second round. I don't even know why or am able to point it out but I don't care at all about those playoffs. I'm so indifferent of the NHL outside what the Jets do right now. I really start to feel like the people saying over years or even decades that the NHL completely f***s up his entertainment product - especially comapred to, for example, the NBA. I started watching the NBA playoffs a bit last year, ended up watching every game in the finals. This year, I'm really, really interested have easily watched 20+ games. ESPECIALLY for neutral fans, it's such a better fan-entertainment-watching experience.

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
19bronsonWeb-master768.jpg

Introduction: Boy, do I dislike befeckit Vegas.

Hypothesis: The Cats will unlock their f*** Vegas skills.

Materials and Methods: Allow Bennett and Tkachook to simmer over low heat (Maurice TM brand anthracite) for 9 days. Add a dash of Bob, sprinkle with a really nice 4th line sauce and fire that sucker into the oven for 20 min on high. Pull this mess out when a nice crust has formed, and a roiling mass of secondary scoring can be seen bursting to get out of the pot - the notable effervescence of Montour should fill the kitchen.

Results: Cats take the first game.

Discussion: We have witnessed the power of a fully operational FLA jambalaya.

Conclusion: f*** Vegas

Last edited:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I haven't watched a NHL playoff game since mid second round. I don't even know why or am able to point it out but I don't care at all about those playoffs. I'm so indifferent of the NHL outside what the Jets do right now. I really start to feel like the people saying over years or even decades that the NHL completely f***s up his entertainment product - especially comapred to, for example, the NBA. I started watching the NBA playoffs a bit last year, ended up watching every game in the finals. This year, I'm really, really interested have easily watched 20+ games. ESPECIALLY for neutral fans, it's such a better fan-entertainment-watching experience.
Well to be fair the NBA has basically done away with even the most basic of rules in pursuit of entertainment, so not much of a surprise there.

I used to be more of a basketball guy than a hockey guy. In high school went to peoples' houses that had cable just to watch because I didn't. Every game I could devour. I've been to 50 or so games live and I don't live within 500 miles of a team. But in the last 10 or so years they've just done away with calling double dribble, travel, etc. Fouls or quality reffing? On par with the NHL's DOPS. It's not even basketball anymore. Entertaining? Sure. But between guys carrying the ball, double dribbling and taking four steps after the last dribble for a spectacular dunk it's utterly unwatchable at this point. LeBron doing his best soccer player impersonations is far worse than any NHL diving I've seen to this point.

Now marketing? No question, NBA wins hands down. But actual basketball? I'll take the NCAA championships in a heartbeat.

kanadalainen

Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Well to be fair the NBA has basically done away with even the most basic of rules in pursuit of entertainment, so not much of a surprise there.

I used to be more of a basketball guy than a hockey guy. In high school went to peoples' houses that had cable just to watch because I didn't. Every game I could devour. I've been to 50 or so games live and I don't live within 500 miles of a team. But in the last 10 or so years they've just done away with calling double dribble, travel, etc. Fouls or quality reffing? On par with the NHL's DOPS. It's not even basketball anymore. Entertaining? Sure. But between guys carrying the ball, double dribbling and taking four steps after the last dribble for a spectacular dunk it's utterly unwatchable at this point. LeBron doing his best soccer player impersonations is far worse than any NHL diving I've seen to this point.

Now marketing? No question, NBA wins hands down. But actual basketball? I'll take the NCAA championships in a heartbeat.
Great breakdown, thanks!

TommyKillian

Dec 12, 2013
I, for one, am really excited for the Finals. Lots of great storylines here, with our old coach resurrecting a team that was left for dead mid-season. I think lots of people knew Florida was better than their place in the standings, but this run was hard to predict regardless, especially given they butted up against the history-making Bruins in the first round.

Both of these teams have great scoring depth throughout their lineups and are capable of playing aggressive and always attacking. Vegas is more consistent in their commitment to the defensive side of the puck, but I expect Florida will rise to the occasion here. There won't be any cheat in either of these teams. I'm really curious to see how the physicality develops as well. Vegas doesn't have a single player that can match the feistiness of a Tkachuk or a Bennett, but have a committee of players dedicated to hitting and swarming. If the first period of last night's game was any indication, I think Vegas will come out flying and Florida will match them hit for hit.

I have a feeling Vegas' depth will win out in the end, but this is a tough series to call. Neither team really has goaltending that you would bet the farm on, despite Bob's renaissance. I think I'll be pulling for POMO to lift the Cup but won't really know how I feel until puck drop. Lets go!

kanadalainen

Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I, for one, am really excited for the Finals.

I have a feeling Vegas' depth will win out in the end, but this is a tough series to call. Neither team really has goaltending that you would bet the farm on, despite Bob's renaissance. I think I'll be pulling for POMO to lift the Cup but won't really know how I feel until puck drop. Lets go!

It would be very cool to see Paul Maurice *finally* hoist the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad