Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
If the Coyotes showed up at the city limits with a "please take me back" sign, would you kick out the current Jets and welcome the old Jets back home?

Reactions: Guardian17

None

Feb 22, 2012
I wonder if this was the backup plan incase the arena deal didn't go thru all along

I wouldn't be surprised given that the tweet's nearly a month old. Probably just comes down to sale price and potential relocation fees whether they're going to Utah or not.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
I am low-key rooting for Salt Lake City, just so that there is a market that is going to be even less desirable and on more NTC lists than Winnipeg :laugh:
As someone who has visited the Salt Lake City area on a regular basis (Covid notwithstanding), it is a very beautiful and friendly place. I don't think it would be hard to get players to go there at all. I love Winnipeg, but even I would move there in a heartbeat if my job relocated...

20230408_184526.jpg

Reactions: roccerfeller

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
As someone who has visited the Salt Lake City area on a regular basis (Covid notwithstanding), it is a very beautiful and friendly place. I don't think it would be hard to get players to go there at all. I love Winnipeg, but even I would move there in a heartbeat if my job relocated...

View attachment 709609

I am sure it's a lovely place but most of the NHL is young often single guys in their 20s and their early 30s, the kind of lifestyle someone at that age might want might not fit with what I expect is one of the more stuffy and religious markets in NA.

Reactions: Jets 31

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

View attachment 709609
And SLC has a neighbourhood called Glendale. It was meant to be. :nod:

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
CBJ considering Babcock for their next Head Coach

LOL @ Laine escaping Maurice only to end up with Babcock... :laugh: atleast Laine and Babcock together should be entertaining.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Yotes still have 1 year left in the deal they signed at the mullett …. So this time next year is going to be interesting

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
The Combined Statistical Area of SLC-Provo-Ogden has about 2.7 million people.
No liquor sales during third periods? For basketball no liquor sales after 3 rd quarter.

Utah is quite wealthy. Salt Lake City has some major environmental issues brewing though due to lax mining laws and a shrinking lake..

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Interesting as the NHL heads into the Semis we have the 2 seed from the Central, 1 seed from the Pacific, 1 seed from the Atlantic, and wildcard from the Metro. More of a top heavy year.

I wouldn’t say I’m looking forward to this next round but I am curious. I have a friend with the Dallas org and have met some people there, and don’t like Vegas so I have some emotion there hopefully they don’t start those games at midnight like they did last round since I go to bed early.

In summary

F$&k Vegas :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad