Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So who had Dallas v. Vegas and Carolina v. Florida as their final 4?

My final 4 was Dallas vs. Edmonton and Boston vs. New York. So I was 1 for 4.

Dallas is a damn good team top to bottom as is Vegas so it's gonna be an interesting series there. Carolina is the better team on paper but that hasn't seemed to matter when it comes to Florida so far.

2 Teams that have won it before, 2 teams that have both been to a finals and couldn't take it home.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Dallas is a damn good team top to bottom as is Vegas so it's gonna be an interesting series there. Carolina is the better team on paper but that hasn't seemed to matter when it comes to Florida so far.

I had Carolina going all the way but didn't have any other team correct.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I had Carolina going all the way but didn't have any other team correct.

What a year of upsets. Boston looked poised to just waltz to the final and I honestly thought Edmonton would actually just run through the rest. I had Edmonton vs. Boston final with Boston locked in as winner. I even got Toronto finally winning a round right.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The pete DeBoer revenge series in the west
The Paul Maurice revenge series in the East (although years ago lol)

CAR FLA should be in exciting series.
A bit meh in the west. Was hoping for EDM vs SEA.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The pete DeBoer revenge series in the west
The Paul Maurice revenge series in the East (although years ago lol)

CAR FLA should be in exciting series.
A bit meh in the west. Was hoping for EDM vs SEA.

I think Florida is gonna have a tough time with Carolina but they managed to get that hard forecheck to work on Boston so maybe they can take it to Carolina's defence. Though Slavin, Burns, Pesce and Chatfield are pretty tough to push around.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

2 Teams that have won it before, 2 teams that have both been to a finals and couldn't take it home.
I have no current teams in the conference finals from my final 4 picks (Boston and NY as well as Seattle vs Edmonton).

Shows you what I know. :laugh::laugh::nod:

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Happy to see Seattle out now I don't have to hear about them ad nauseum.

I like Vegas because I like Kelly McCrimmon, he is a guy that will do anything to win. I miss him with Brandon where he had an eye for talent that other teams didn't see and I think he is doing that in the NHL with Vegas.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
well first you said star player, then you said goalie and Kane, now it's top-goalie.... so i don't think you even know where you're going.

yea i wonder how many fans think if you gave Dom D's Helle work-load this year if we'd be a PO team. 🤔

EDM is "playing that same game". they had the 3rd highest cap-hit this year w/ 90M, behind MTL and VGK. I don't think you can magically put a player on LTIR w/o injury.... can you perhaps time recovery and when they come off though? maybe.

50% of the league were over the 82.5M cap ceiling:
View attachment 708910
I'm honestly not sure what you're arguing anymore - yes a really injury to a star player is bad. Like duh.

And I was absolutely suggesting that players get LTIR'd with minor injuries... we've watched Tampa and Vegas do it - I full believe Edmonton will be next - I mean they were in on Karlsson and had no cap space at TD - of course they were going to hide someone

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
When I stated watching hockey Florida and Carolina were at the bottom struggling to fill their arenas so I'm happy for both fanbases. Want Maurice's Panthers to win for the salt tho.

In terms of the west, go Dallas. In general once the Jets are out I'm pretty happy for our division mates to go far (except for Chicago and Arizona, screw those guys)

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
As thorough and complete a beating as I've ever seen in any sport. The only one that comes close is in chess -- assuming you count that as a sport -- where the absolute GOAT Paul Morphy once beat a guy so thoroughly AND outmanned him after, gifting the winner's share of the purse to his opponent's wife, that she named her newly born daughter "Paula".
This is an incredible story lol

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021

I had Dallas winning it all.

1684255585161.jpeg

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Haha you had the Jets going to the finals. Oh you sweet summer child.

I routinely enter hockey pools with a number of my old friends who are, uh, not sophisticate gamblers, so I kind of handicap myself by willfully taking on a partisan Jets bias. Had them winning the Cup this year, in fact. Yes, yes, sweet summer child.

Reactions: roccerfeller
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad