F Rutger McGroarty - University of Michigan, NCAA (2022, 14th, WPG; traded to PIT)

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
LOL, this guy launches his own version of LeBron's The Decision all-summer and then can't even stick with the big-club. Dime-a-dozen prospect. Everyone has a couple.

Reactions: Fatass

antman12

Nov 27, 2016
If he would just come out and give his reasoning for requested a trade all of this speculation would go away. He would receive some backlash and Winn fans would hold a grudge but at least people would know his reasoning.

In that sense its similar to the Gauthier situation in Philly that has left everybody speculating. Just own it and move on.

Then again, they both got their way (Gauthier certainly) so why would they care and screw us fans right?

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I don't think they promised him an NHL spot at all. In his first press conference he literally said they didn't promise him anything and he'd have to earn it.
Of course that’s what he’d say to the media. Would sure rub a lot of the other prospects the wrong way if he stated otherwise. I don’t believe anything that comes out of that kid’s mouth. I saw him pose as the media darling at 2 Jets development camps, saying all the right things.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I don't think they promised him an NHL spot at all. In his first press conference he literally said they didn't promise him anything and he'd have to earn it.
Sure. And that’s 100% truth.
Of course he was promised the nhl spot. Even Dubas had to defend the decision to keep him up to start the year when pressed on the matter.
McGroarty needs to get over his entitlement. The thing is he’s already very close to his ceiling. There’s not much runway of development left for him. It’s the entitlement that’s in his way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad