Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

None

Feb 22, 2012
90 seconds left in the game and it was clearly out of reach and he skated about ~12m/40ft to deliver a 2 handed slash across a guy who had already shot the puck 3-4s beforehand and only got a single game :laugh:
The intent of Pietrangelo was completely transparent, he was trying to injure Draisaitl. A broken hand or wrist would have ended Draisaitl's playoffs.

I honestly don't care how injured the player is from the play, that kind of reaction shouldn't be in any competition. Pietrangelo's playoffs should've been over after that slash.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
90 seconds left in the game and it was clearly out of reach and he skated about ~12m/40ft to deliver a 2 handed slash across a guy who had already shot the puck 3-4s beforehand and only got a single game :laugh:
The intent of Pietrangelo was completely transparent, he was trying to injure Draisaitl. A broken hand or wrist would have ended Draisaitl's playoffs.

I honestly don't care how injured the player is from the play, that kind of reaction shouldn't be in any competition. Pietrangelo's playoffs should've been over after that slash.

Yeah. More and more it's looking like the Scheifele suspension was an absolute overkill reaction based on how the league handles everything else.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah. More and more it's looking like the Scheifele suspension was an absolute overkill reaction based on how the league handles everything else.

This essentially identical hit, except far more flagrant, is still up on the NHL website as a highlight with a cutesy headline ("Krug steamrolls Thomas"). You can't see it here, but as you know, Krug got tied up with Thomas in the other end and went the whole distance of the ice and directly targeted him the whole way.

The Scheifele suspension will never make sense, and no matter how petulant one might think he got over it, he had every reason to complain about it.

Frendlygiant

Apr 27, 2018
Man, one game for that just seems ridiculous to me. This seems like it need to be something more then one game to make a statement. What if Draisaitl got injured on this play (possible he is) it just diminishes the game so much. I dunno, I guess the Player's Emergency Assistance Fund is full at the moment.

I think the refs should have called something on the Kane hit before this but still this is just egregious. Man is that frustrating.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
I will never get over the Scheif penalty. What just made it worse was them stating because Pietrangelo has never been suspended or fined before was why they didn't give a harsher penalty. Scheif's was a hit on a guy with his head down. This was a blatant assault and attempt to injure.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Winnipeg Jet hits a guy half a second late as he trying to score….4 games

Everyone else who uses their stick with the only intent to injure … 1 game or nothing.
The difference is one was a head hit with potentially life altering consequences.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

None, do you remember the DOPS’s contention about the Scheifele hit on Jake “Keep Your Head Up” Evans? IIRC the sticking point was he delivered the hit, not as a hockey play, but as an attempt to injure, with the outcome of the game already “decided.” So, what happened here?

Also, I remember playing Bully when I was a young lad. Fun game. You’ve convinced me to give it another whirl after Red Dead. Agreed on the music too. Super catchy. I liked a lot of the classroom mini games too.

Reactions: None
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad