Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That slash by Pie is goofy. It reminds me of the way after the play cheap shot by Makar in the 1st round on McCaan. Both terrible plays by guys that don't have a rep for being dirty.

I'm sure from his POV, that's just a 'receipt' for when Kane sprinted 60 feet to cross-check him in the throat for nothing more than a minor.

Not a bad point.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Alex Pietrangelo will have a hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety on Thursday.
The following grounds are being considered for supplemental discipline: slashing.

However, the Department of Player Safety retains the right to make adjustments to the infraction upon review.

The ref issued major penalty and a game misconduct, but not a match penalty for attempt to injure...

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Just saw the Pietrangelo slash. I hate Draisaitl as much as the next guy but what the hell, that’s a blatant attempt to injure, he didn’t even try to disguise it, and he should be suspended. That doesn’t have any place in the game but knowing George Parros it’s gonna just be a fine.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
That slash by Pie is goofy. It reminds me of the way after the play cheap shot by Makar in the 1st round on McCaan. Both terrible plays by guys that don't have a rep for being dirty.

Not a bad point.

Makar play has plausible deniability as the puck was "lost" and you could see him moving his head around trying to locate where the puck is and thought the puck might still be in play near McCann and tried to lay the body.

Peterangelo play is different as the puck is gone for a long time and the play he's making can in no way be construed as making a hockey play. That looks like a frustrated player, taking out his frustration. I expect a suspension for him, regardless of prior history.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Automatic for the player taking the instigator in the last 5 minutes. The idea behind the automatic 1 game suspension + coach fine is that the coach sent the player over the boards to beat the shit out of an unwilling opponent.
Yep, finally found that somewhere.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Fort Sask, AB
I didn't see the game, only highlights. But it looks like Pietrangelo's slash was in retaliation for Kane's hit from behind on him. "F*** around, and find out."

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
I mean, George Parros is the head of NHL Player Safety? He didn't "make the rules" but he is in charge of enforcing them, and does so arbitrarily. Also fairly sure he was a hockey player :sarcasm:
The governors make the rules, bunch of suits like Chipman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad