Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
People aren’t really calling out Wheeler as an undeserving King Clancy nominee, are they?
Its more the on ice leadership part... where he led a mutiny against his coach at the end of the season - but true, this didn't specific that 'toxic leadership' could not also be outstanding...

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Love seeing the Canes succeed. This should be an organization that the Jets model themselves after. Their success is a great counter to all those who try to explain away the Jets lack of success to "small market that can't attract FA and star trades". No one is clamoring to sign in Raleigh. When's the last time the Canes signed a big-name FA? And as far as trades go, they haven't traded for star power either. They even had a franchise talent in Adam Fox force his way out of the club and yet they just keep chugging along.

That is a great organization where everyone is pulling in the same direction. I wish one day the Jets could be as on it and disciplined as an organization as Carolina.
them darn computer boys

• Haha
Reactions: JetsFan815

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I'm also a big fan of the Carolina organization and how they've built their team. They haven't had any big UFA signings, at least with this core group, but I'll still point out Brent Burns and Brady Skjei, both fairly important contributors this season, have NTCs that they either waived for Carolina, or didn't have Carolina on their list.

I think Raleigh is a pretty nice place for a hockey player. The slight advantage they have is I don't see Raleigh on the list of placed most frequently included on NTC lists.
Jets also had Stastny and Schmidt waive their NTC to come here...

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Jets also had Stastny and Schmidt waive their NTC to come here...

Schmidt took about a year of convincing, he nixed a trade from Vegas the year prior (or was never asked to waive). Stastny waived to come for a playoff run.

I'm not worried about the team's ability to retain people for the most part, it's getting them to come here in the first place.

Reactions: macmaroon

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Schmidt took about a year of convincing, he nixed a trade from Vegas the year prior (or was never asked to waive). Stastny waived to come for a playoff run.

I'm not worried about the team's ability to retain people for the most part, it's getting them to come here in the first place.
Vegas to WPG is probably a harder sell

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Watching Bieksa blow Matthews is just sad. The panel is in Leaf overdrive tonight, even by normal standards.
Was listening to Marek a while back and he asked some Toronto scribe if you had to start your team from scratch from the 2016 draft who would you take. The guy said he would take Tckachuk over Matthews. Who wouldnt?

Reactions: Ducky10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad