Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Funny thing about the NHL, when something bad happens to your team, your team is the subject of criticism around the NHL/media/HFB.......just wait a couple days and some other team will do something worse and will be the new team to bash around the NHL.

Thanks you Avs & Boston
Chevy should have saved his excuses for Monday. He would have been able to compare us to Boston!

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Passive Maurice PK strikes again. Just let Orlov walk in.

Your off the case Bobroski, truly awful rebound
LEAFS power play will eat Maurice’s PK alive.

Panthers are about to come back down to earth in a hurry. Beating the Bruins was their Stanley Cup.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Of the remaining playoff teams, only 4 of them are getting outstanding goaltending and only 3 of them will be going through. With how Oettinger is playing, the Stars have an edge considering their scoring depth.

If the Rangers go through, Shesterkin is easily the the type of goalie to steal a Cup.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I guess I could stomach Florida/Carolina/Seattle (although it would be embarrassing for the Jets if they won this quickly)/Dallas/New Jersey winning, but seriously f*** all the others.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Sitter out as coach is no surprise

Actually it is a bit of a surprise given how much ownership liked him, but there was probably too much backlash from the fans and some players to keep him. Calgary doesn't seem to mind spending money ( $8 million left for Sutter ) if it means changing things up.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Some teams take expectations and results seriously.

Chevy's interview - he simply refused to provide any expectations of the team at all. Its just about making the playoffs once in a while, that should be all we need to win the cup here and there.
there were rumors that a bunch of the players didn't want to come back if he was still coaching, I think if the players liked playing for him he would still be there next year regardless of the results

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Pointless attempt. I'm sure people living in Florida will be more than happy to pick up tickets and resell them to Toronto fans. Just watch, there will be tons of Leaf fans at the Florida games.
Sure that will happen, but it’s not a pointless attempt. It very much has a point. It depends on how big a part of the ticket sales will end up on the secondary market. Appetite for games just went up in the market has undoubtedly gone up.

I think it’s funny regardless.

Reactions: roccerfeller

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Some teams take expectations and results seriously.

Chevy's interview - he simply refused to provide any expectations of the team at all. Its just about making the playoffs once in a while, that should be all we need to win the cup here and there.

While I agree in principle, Sutter is gone because the star players want him gone. So isn't it pretty much the same issue as here where the inmates are running the asylum?

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
While I agree in principle, Sutter is gone because the star players want him gone. So isn't it pretty much the same issue as here where the inmates are running the asylum?
As they say it's easier to get rid of of a coach than 20 or so players, the rumblings from players were there in Calgary and he had his time. that's why I said it was not a surprise that he was let go.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
As they say it's easier to get rid of of a coach than 20 or so players, the rumblings from players were there in Calgary and he had his time. that's why I said it was not a surprise that he was let go.

Oh I agree. Was just stating it because I doubt Calgary ownership actually wanted to move on from Sutter but the players made him coming back intenible.

Reactions: bustamente

None

Feb 22, 2012
Oh I agree. Was just stating it because I doubt Calgary ownership actually wanted to move on from Sutter but the players made him coming back intenible.

Wasn't the talk when Treliving stepped down that he wanted to fire Sutter but ownership wouldn't let him? It sounded like it might have been the deciding factor for why Treliving left. I think Friedman brought it up during an intermission at some point.

How many incoming GMs wouldn't immediately want to fire the coach though? It's usually the first change made.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Depends on what the reasons were. Maybe they had legitimate complaints in the eyes of management. Here, it was "we don't want to be accountable and coach said mean things about us". Poor Helly will probably need extra sessions over the summer with his therapist, Dr Flaherty to get over the trauma.

In any case, the players will certainly be happy that Bowness is coming back. They realize any serious attempts to change the culture won't be supported by management, and they can do whatever they want. I'm hoping Bones pulls a Buff and decides on the eve of training camp that retirement looks really good and just walks away. Then it will be...

Scott Arniel... Come on down! You are the next contestant on The Coach is Wrong! :laugh:

Reactions: Eyeseeing

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
As a Jets fan, im not in a position to be crapping on other teams for their first round exit, but nonetheless, in light of the new Boston logos going around on Social Media, i felt compelled to add to the collection of Art Work circulating the latest memes, cuz why not..

Original artwork circulating Social Media:

1682985197865.jpeg

My Randition:

1682985219592.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad