Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jack Hughes clearly gets hooked on a clean breakaway and no call??

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I was hoping with Florida’s upset last night that someone would’ve bet enough on them to bankrupt the sports books and put an end to the f***ing gambling ads, but apparently not.

Reactions: Ducky10

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Actually it is a bit of a surprise given how much ownership liked him, but there was probably too much backlash from the fans and some players to keep him. Calgary doesn't seem to mind spending money ( $8 million left for Sutter ) if it means changing things up.
Calgary's owner is notoriously cheap with payroll in terms of giving out term and big money.

To some extent I can't believe they didn't at least run Sutter out one more year to cut into that cost of now paying him and another coach. The exit interviews must have been horrible RE his continuing as coach.

Reactions: surixon and cbcwpg

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I was hoping with Florida’s upset last night that someone would’ve bet enough on them to bankrupt the sports books and put an end to the f***ing gambling ads, but apparently not.
That’s not how sports books work. If someone laid that much money on Florida sports books would have just made the Bruins odds more attractive to get more action. Sports books work their odds to get equal action on both sides so they make money no matter who wins. It is all about house advantage. Payoff odds are just short pays on true/perceived odds.

Reactions: GNP

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
That’s not how sports books work. If someone laid that much money on Florida sports books would have just made the Bruins odds more attractive to get more action. Sports books work their odds to get equal action on both sides so they make money no matter who wins. It is all about house advantage. Payoff odds are just short pays on true/perceived odds.
Yeah, I know, I was just being facetious :laugh:

More seriously, I assume the government will eventually step-in and regulate these ads a bit more.

Fourth line extraordinaire Mikey McLeod opens it up for the Devils!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah, I know, I was just being facetious :laugh:

More seriously, I assume the government will eventually step-in and regulate these ads a bit more.

Fourth line extraordinaire Mikey McLeod opens it up for the Devils!
Sorry. There is just a lot of misinformation about how the gambling industry works. Earlier in my career I was an educator to those who operated and worked in the gambling industry in Manitoba. I’m as annoyed as anyone about gambling adds as the are designed to fuel problem gambling by continually offering chances to chase lost money in game. At this point I wouldn’t be looking for government to step in as they are the main beneficiaries of the gambling industry in Canada.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
While I agree in principle, Sutter is gone because the star players want him gone. So isn't it pretty much the same issue as here where the inmates are running the asylum?
It's been different here, more insidious.

In Calgary, the players made it impossible to not fire the coach--they hated him, and likely had their agents on board. There was no choice for senior management.

In Winnipeg, most of the players liked Maurice and Bowness, but the team leaders passively-aggressively refused to be coached. That meant senior management had a choice--act boldly or put the blinders on and hope it all went away.

You saw how bold Chevy is yesterday.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Sorry. There is just a lot of misinformation about how the gambling industry works. Earlier in my career I was an educator to those who operated and worked in the gambling industry in Manitoba. I’m as annoyed as anyone about gambling adds as the are designed to fuel problem gambling by continually offering chances to chase lost money in game. At this point I wouldn’t be looking for government to step in as they are the main beneficiaries of the gambling industry in Canada.
Voluntary taxation at its finest; see also lottery.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's been different here, more insidious.

In Calgary, the players made it impossible to not fire the coach--they hated him, and likely had their agents on board. There was no choice for senior management.

In Winnipeg, most of the players liked Maurice and Bowness, but the team leaders passively-aggressively refused to be coached. That meant senior management had a choice--act boldly or put the blinders on and hope it all went away.

You saw how bold Chevy is yesterday.

Well.we shall see of those leaders are still here come September. My guess is many aren't

I love how New Joy-zee plays. Just a fabulous infusion of skill and hard work. They're a lot of fun to watch.

Yup. Love watching them play. Wish we template's that model of play style

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Beyond head shot or not...that one is a charge to me. Trouba flies off the bench and bee-lines for that hit.

Officiating analyst didn't even talk charge.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Trouba nearly killed Timo. Meier was hunched over prior to contact so I don't know if he explicitly went after the head. Elbow was in too.

Reactions: kanadalainen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad