Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
God I hate this pandering to NHL rules bullshit when it suits the 90's fans.

"They suck at review, it's all wrong, they miss everything, goalie interference!! I don't care if that's the rule they're wrong!"

"Oh he purposefully headshotted him? Well . .the rules say it's okay, so, y'know"

Dirty hit from a dirty player. Used to be the elbow king but he's upgraded to "well as long as it's a straight on headshot it's clean" game.

f*** em.
So how to you feel about the hit?

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Stoked for njd. That's a fun team.

Also love trouba and his big hits this year. But that one looked bad.
Completely legal I guess. I mean, as long as you don't killing people....it's fine.

These are exactly the hits that have to be removed from the game.

Reactions: jungles

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
oopsallquit-jpg.701428

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Its clean hit. Some won't be happy until there is no open ice hitting.

There are hits like this available every night. I'm surprised we don't see more. I can't believe pro hockey players leaving themselves vulnerable like that. I mean coming over the middle head down wow.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Its clean hit. Some won't be happy until there is no open ice hitting.

There are hits like this available every night. I'm surprised we don't see more. I can't believe pro hockey players leaving themselves vulnerable like that. I mean coming over the middle head down wow.
I think those days are done. Or will be soon. The health consequences are just too severe

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
They've also gotten rather f***ed by their inability to develop forward prospects (see: Kakko, Kappo and Lafreniere, Alexis).
They don't develop because there's always a shiny new toy. Vegas is going to have the same problem very soon.

Aside from the Jets fiasco... this is the most interesting second round I've seen in years.

I want a Kraken-Canes final.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I think those days are done. Or will be soon. The health consequences are just too severe
Solution has been there for a long time... reduce the armour that players wear now - and hits like that will stop because you endanger your own career.

That being said, if anyone wants to watch Glenn Anderson highlights and understand what actual intent to injure is... it will bring some perspective.

I guess that makes me Burmistrov?
I want Kris King before anyone takes that title.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Solution has been there for a long time... reduce the armour that players wear now - and hits like that will stop because you endanger your own career.

That being said, if anyone wants to watch Glenn Anderson highlights and understand what actual intent to injure is... it will bring some perspective.

I want Kris King before anyone takes that title.
Yes, I remember Anderson. My gawd he was mean.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021

Rule 48.1 Illegal Check to the Head - A hit resulting in contact with an opponent's head where the head was the main point of contact and such contact to the head was avoidable is not permitted.

In determining whether contact with an opponent's head was avoidable, the circumstances of the hit including the following shall be considered:

(i) Whether the player attempted to hit squarely through the opponent's body and the head was not

"picked" as a result of poor timing, poor angle of approach, or unnecessary extension of the body upward or outward

(il) Whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position by assuming a posture that made head contact on an otherwise full body check unavoidable.

(iii) Whether the opponent materially changed the position of his body or head immediately prior to simultaneously with the hit in a way that significantly contributed to the head contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad