Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
WOW - what a mind blower - seeing the Panthers, and Kraken both winning upsets off the top seeded clubs. Congrats to them, and I found it hard to believe when looking at the final score. o_O

I've come to realize, with this Cap in place, there is a lot of parody in the league, and any decently talented team can win. You can no longer buy a winning team like in the old days. This was generally done by large cities like New York, LA etc. Nice to see any team can win, and these playoff series is proof of that.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Grubauer seems like a very decent human.

Great interview at the end of that game.
Yes, she was beautifu!

Go Crackheads Go

cheer for the Tazmanian Devil
Mr Tanev
Sure as hell miss that guy.
I least he tries hard!
Jets need a guy like Tanev, instead we got back a guy who wasn’t good enough for 4th line duty on the Kraken in AHL Appleton!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Go Crackheads Go

cheer for the Tazmanian Devil
Mr Tanev
Sure as hell miss that guy.
I least he tries hard!
I miss Tanev as well, as he was a grinder, and inspires other players to put out an all out effort like he does. I felt bad to see him leave the Jets, but Pittsburgh put up the money and got him. Good luck to Tanev and the Kraken. They have surprised me greatly, knocking off the Stanley Cup Champs. What a great accomplishment, and nobody will take them for granted going forward now.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Load management
Maybe it might be a good idea to give some players a rest and have some off games and bring up some younger guys up for a few games and use the press box players more often

Last edited:
Reactions: kanadalainen

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Avs apparently didn’t get any depth scoring

One thing with Vegas, even before our series, was their depth

They’re like 3 solid second lines and a very good fourth line

I wouldn’t be against that type of structure going forward. We don’t need a Scheif stud just focused on finding 3 Brian littles lol

See @Whileee thread. We go into great depth about this exact topic.

Spoiler alert:

Kraken’s top 4 scorers this past season:

Jared McCann 70 points whose best season before Seattle was 35 points with Pitt.
Vince Dunn 64 points top previous season was with St Louis 35 points
Jordan Eberle 63 points
Matty Beniers 57 points prized rookie

Below this level they have 9 more skaters who have 30 or greater points. So 13 players had 30 or more points and the Jets only had 9 players with 30 or more points. Seattle had 289 goals this past season and the Jets only had 246.

Last edited:

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Not that I necessarily care about this but it's really looking like the cup could come back to Canada after 2 heavyweights get knocked out in the first round.

In the lesser of two evils I hope it's the Oilers and not the Leafs
The results yesterday even increased the chances of an all Canadian final.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
no? your question is loaded and compounded in such a way that it leads the reply to it. you ask diff topics, yet lump them together and assume that the two parts are equal, which they aren't. the response is a more complex one. what ya wrote seems to be a false analogy fallacy as well as just consisting of loaded questions (as already discussed.)

you're also dodging that you cannot find what you asserted about my posts because I didn't write such content. that is the main point, which is why there is no tu quoque because in order for that to be applicable, what you claimed about what I argued needs to be evidenced and the case, which it isn't

what are you even trying to do here?

we're going back and forth on a forum about minutia. you seem to be deflecting hard and consistently after I initially wrote a rebuttal your post and elucidated upon the assumptions (and fallacies.) since then, your posts just keep going as they try to find some logical point to demonstrate and defend, yet they've yet to do so

I already explained the strawman at least once, including in the post of mine that ya just quoted
Lawyer? Or college student who has yet to learn that they know shit about f***? I'm sensing a little Dunning Kruger effect about logic here.

You manage to say a lot, but at the same time, nothing at all

There was no strawman

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Funny thing about the NHL, when something bad happens to your team, your team is the subject of criticism around the NHL/media/HFB.......just wait a couple days and some other team will do something worse and will be the new team to bash around the NHL.

Thanks you Avs & Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad