Post-Game Talk: Ducks visit Avalanche 6PM PDT October 18 2024

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
2-1-1 versus two good, one mid, and one bad team. The sky is falling and fire the coach. I’m actually pretty happy with this start. Doomsayers, please tell me where I’m wrong.
It isn't the results that are the problem. In fairness, the state of play has been poor in two games (San jose, Colorado) and fine to good in two games (Vegas, Utah). I suppose that is to be expected with a young, (probably) not good team.

Reactions: JAHV and AngelDuck

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
I don’t like the PK approach. Passive, no attempt to pressure the puck. Opponent can play with the puck and move it wherever they want to.

I think if we went the aggressive approach, our inexperience and lack of elite PKers will just lead to lots of blown coverages, quick goals, or exhausted PKers. Instead we've gone with a prevent defense, lean on the goalies, and just try to run the clock out.

No amount of scheming can cover up the fact that we just don't have the horses for a good kill unit.

Reactions: JAHV

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
someone mentioned last night that the PP's main issue is that they're spending too much time on the perimeter and it really makes a lot of sense

they simply don't have someone like kreider or perry who can cause havoc in the crease, or someone like point who can set up for a quick shot in the slot. so instead, they just settle for low quality shots and hope they go in or that someone jumps on a rebound

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad